Anyone put there bike in the back of a 93-99 Tahoe?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Anyone put there bike in the back of a 93-99 Tahoe?

I used to have a 2dr Tahoe before I got into mountain biking. And now 10 years later I've started missing it I'm considering buying another as a weekend vehicle but it would really seal the deal for me if they hold bikes standing up in the back. Anyone know if it will fit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I have a 2001 Yukon, but the interior height and width dimensions are very similar from the 2 door tahoe/yukons all the way to the present models.

A bike will not fit standing up with both wheels on.....however it will lay on its side with both wheels on.

A Mtb will stand up with the front wheel removed. (I attached a fork skewer mount onto a 2x6 4feet long and set it in the back, then attach the mtb fork to it) Holds the bike upright and allows you to put a towel under the bike to keep the interior clean.....You could probably put 3 fork mounts on the board if you need to haul that many bikes.

You may have to remove the seat if you are really tall and ride a huge size bike.
    2009 Trek Fuel EX8 Black/White

turtles make me hot
    I used to drive a 98 Yukon. My XL framed bikes would lay in the back with the front wheel removed.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    all my bikes are medium and large. I like the Idea of the 2x6 it would be awesome to be able to haul 3 bike inside the back. I guess I need to start looking for a decent 2 dr tahoe.

mtbr member
    Yes but it's a tight fit. Here's the only pic I could find of my old Tahoe - 4 door though. The bike on the right is a 19" and I seem to remember the seat post hitting the roof (hence why they're tilted).

Edit - that's with the back seat folded. Not sure if the 2 doors back seat folds flat. I could fit mine in the back with the front wheel removed slanted across the cargo area. 2 doors have the spare inside correct?

mtbr member
    I've been hauling a 3 bikes inside the back of my tahoe for years. Just remove the front tire and mount it to a front wheel mount and off you go.

In the winter when we head to Ray's Indoor MTB park we can lay down just one seat and get the 3 bikes and all of our gear, coolers and extra wheel sets with plenty of room.

Heck the guy in the back gets to watch Bike video's on the way there and the best part is the bikes are all perfectly clean when we arrive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The 2doors have a fold down rear seat but your right about the spare being in the back. I may have to take my biggest bike with me when I test drive one. Im to do what Way2ManyBikes did and fit three bikes in the back two for me and one for my brother.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have a '95 Tahoe 2-dr. With the back seat up, you have to take the front wheel off and tuck the fork between the rear seatback and the spare tire. Once it's in there it is pretty secure and you do not need to worry about it flopping around back there. With the seat up, there is no option to fit a second bike with the 2-dr. The rear seat when folded is almost flat and I can lay a size large 29ers back there with both wheels on. Never tried, but fitting 2 bikes with both wheels on would probably not work. 2 bikes with the fronts wheels off on some sort of fork mount along the rear would work. Because of the spare tire in the cargo area, a third bike would be extremely difficult.

Members who have read this thread: 1