Anyone here use Thule Trunk Racks?- Mtbr.com
    Support OUR Wounded

Anyone here use Thule Trunk Racks?

Seriously, there are zero reviews for their Raceway 2/3. And no real posts on them anywhere on here.

Is there some kinda stigma against them, or are they just too pricey for a trunk rack?

They seem super solid, even have steel cables for attachment to the trunk.
    They were willing to give their lives for yours, some of them did, others just gave up their way of life. Support the WWP.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Got the raceway 2 bike from crack n racks a couple weeks back, they were super easy to deal with and with the mtbr forum discount it was cheaper than everywhere else. Ive used it twice and it worked great. put 2 coats of hardshell turtle wax. i dont leave it on the car, thats why i wanted something super simple on/off and it really folds up nice. no long term usuage to report yet

code: mtbr2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OwOw64 View Post
    Got the raceway 2 bike from crack n racks a couple weeks back, they were super easy to deal with and with the mtbr forum discount it was cheaper than everywhere else. Ive used it twice and it worked great. put 2 coats of hardshell turtle wax. i dont leave it on the car, thats why i wanted something super simple on/off and it really folds up nice. no long term usuage to report yet

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Been looking to get the 2-bike Raceway myself. My 2002 Altima has a fairly tall spoiler on it and my only concern is that the rack won't clear the spoiler, even though the Raceway seems to have the highest clearance of any of the trunk racks. I had a cheaper Yakima rack from a few years ago, and that rack didn't even come close to clearing the spoiler.

From watching: this review on Youtube, it looks like one of the best trunk mount systems out there for the price

mtbr member
    I have a 2002 Altima with spoiler too and the Raceway 2 seems to be a good option.
    I am just wondering if this rack will fit a trek EX8 frame or will I need a separate adapter to the seat post? It looks like the supports are narrow enough to work without the adapter.

mtbr member
    Here is my bike/car/rack setup...

2012 Cannondale Flash 2 29'er
    2011 BMW 328i 4dr sedan
    Thule Raceway 2

I have used my Thule 5-6x now and have nothing but good things to say about it. Easy to install, super secure once on, and easy to uninstall. The lock feature is really cool for both rack and bike. I don't keep mine on when not in use and have not had any issues with scratches or dents. I am a true believer in Thule and would highly recommend the
    Raceway 2. I would encourage anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Thule, to go on their website and get your car "fitted" for best performance/results.

hangry
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by phazeshifta View Post
    Been looking to get the 2-bike Raceway myself. My 2002 Altima has a fairly tall spoiler on it and my only concern is that the rack won't clear the spoiler, even though the Raceway seems to have the highest clearance of any of the trunk racks. I had a cheaper Yakima rack from a few years ago, and that rack didn't even come close to clearing the spoiler.
    I also have a rear trunk spoiler on my 2006 TSX and this looks like it should clear it without any issues.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBThree View Post
    Here is my bike/car/rack setup...

2012 Cannondale Flash 2 29'er
    2011 BMW 328i 4dr sedan
    Thule Raceway 2

I have used my Thule 5-6x now and have nothing but good things to say about it. Easy to install, super secure once on, and easy to uninstall. The lock feature is really cool for both rack and bike. I don't keep mine on when not in use and have not had any issues with scratches or dents. I am a true believer in Thule and would highly recommend the
    Raceway 2. I would encourage anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Thule, to go on their website and get your car "fitted" for best performance/results.

Thinking about one of these for my Fusion, good to see you don't have any scratch issues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I love these forums and I would like to add my two cents:

I recently Purchased the 9002 Raceway 3 Bike rack. I am probably the most anal person when it comes to quality and protection for both my car and bikes. I absolutely love the adjustability of the rack. I love the racheting cables/hooks with quick release levers. The high quality rubber protectors where the rack meets the car work perfectly. No sliding on sharp turns, Not a scratch on my car after 3 long trips carrying 3 heavy full suspension mountain bikes. I drive a Cadillac CTS...its my baby. trust me i would see any flaws in my trunk. Whats even better is that its lockable in 2 places. You can lock all the quick release levers with a single lock and key. You can slide out a short cable at the tip of one of the arms to lock the last bike on the rack over the top bar with a key aswell. Thus locking the other 2 bikes behind it. It doesn't have a super strong lock but its enough to deter a passing thief looking for a quick score. I also love the collapseable arms for when you are parallel parking or when not in use. Every bit of metal, less the slightly rubber coated hooks are protected with heavy rubber. The use of heavy plastic for the mainframe was a bit sketchy for me but when I looked in my rear view after hitting a bump. I'm glad the rack had some give instead of snapping. I have 1 small complaint. I wish they included the optional bar for irregular bike frames which nowadays is most bikes. I mean i just paid 250.00 here atleast give me 1 free. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to protect their investments. I also want to mention that the rack keeps the bikes from hitting each other. On my final note: my car has a spoiler and the rack cleared it with room to spare. An ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE!!! I hope this helps someone

Members who have read this thread: 0