Anyone have a Nissan Juke- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Anyone have a Nissan Juke

My wife and I just drove a new Nissan Juke. It was a fun car to drive but I am concerned that my bike will not fit in the back. If anyone has one how do you carry your bikes.
    I am also going Wednesday to look at a 2005 Honda Element. It is a 4WD with a 5 speed and 55000 miles. Anyone have an opinion on that.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    On edmunds.com a guy reviewed the Nissan Juke, and he has a picture of his bike in the back. Sorry i do not know the link of hand. I would say it barely fits but works. I also heard that you can get a hitch kit for it (which would be the best way to take a bike).
    EE that enjoys mountain biking, currently riding a 2011 Remedy 9.8 stock :)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Just take you bike to the dealer and test fit it. Doubt it will fit, you will probably just need a rack of some kind for it. Very cool car, we are getting one in a couple months. I still really hope Nissan offers AWD in 6mt for 2012, my wife will not tolerate buying an autotragic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I didn't know they were going to offer the MT with awd. I drove a fwd with mt and the awd with cvt. Was thinking of the front drive because I wanted the stick. The awd does handle really well.
    I was going to bring my bike. My wife said to drive it first and then if I am considering it to bring the bike. I have a hitch rack but when its just one bike I tend to toss it in the back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Juke

I've a Juke - love the car
    I've installed a Hitch and use Hitch Bike rack, takes 3 bike w/o problems.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

hitch

Since Nissan doesn't list a hitch, what brand hitch did you get? I have a hitch rack and was thinking of that option.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kary View Post
    Since Nissan doesn't list a hitch, what brand hitch did you get? I have a hitch rack and was thinking of that option.
    Google will fix everything. Plenty of options out there

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2011_Nissan_JUKE.htm

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Be careful

Don't get a Curt brand hitch - I've got it and there's nothing but trouble, my exhaust keeps hitting the Hitch when I go over road bumps or make Left Turns, it's annoying. I've contacted Curt and they told me that I got an "old" design version of their hitch and they sent me a "new" one - same thing - and I haven't seen any difference in design at all. Went to U-haul mechanic - who installs Hitches for 10 years and he told me that there's definitely a design issue - there's no Cut-Out for Exhaust which is mounted on Rubber Hangers and is supposed to move from side to side (a little). Get Hidden-Hitch, they look like a better option, at least they have a Cut-Out for exhaust...
    I'll attach a photo of my Juke with Hitch and Bike Rack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a Nissan Juke-cimg0056.jpg