Any trunk mount racks fit a 2001 Eclipse?- Mtbr.com
    Still New

Cool-blue Rhythm Any trunk mount racks fit a 2001 Eclipse?

Hey all! This year I have a a different car, a 2001 Eclipse. Replaced a cavalier, which I used a trunk mount rack to transport my bike around. This Eclipse has a big ol spoiler on the back and I can't get my previous rack to fit. I don't want a roof mounted rack and I'm not really even wanting to have a tow latch welded on either. I could maybe take the wheel off and throw it in the back, but I've got an amp setup in the back so I'm not sure how well even that would work out lol (I'm hopeless, I know) I'd rather use a trunk mount if I can find one that fits. Anybody have any advice on one that will work? I might end up having to put the tow latch on anyway. ... even if I don't wanna.

mtbr member
    I have ran into the same problem on my Eclipse. I don't think a trunk mount will work because of the way the hatch back is made. Your straps would have to hook on to the top where the glass meets the roof and on that setup, the glass could break. The only thing that I could do at this point is have a roof rack or put on a trailer hitch. If someone has anymore options please let me know. Thanks

I'd rather be on my bike
    This is an option, a bit pricey, but an option.

Bike Racks | SeaSucker

Still New
    Anybody ever try this?

Saris Bones 805 (2-Bike) Trunk Mount Rack: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

Supposed to be compatible with these cars

I'd rather be on my bike
    Had a Bones 3, and hated it. Absolutely hated it. Aside from ruining the paint on the car at all contact points, it didn't hold my bike properly. Using this rack led me to having a hitch installed, and getting a hitch mounted rack. I will never use anything but a hitch mounted rack on any car that I own, and will never put any of my bikes on a rack like the Bones. If you cherish your car or your bike, look into other options.

mtbr member

Good job!

Thanks for all the info guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0