Any Subaru owners?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any Subaru owners?

I have a '97 Outback Sport (Impreza model) and was wondering if one of these would be sufficient. Anyone every buy/use one of these brand? Is it sturdy? Bolt up to my existing roof rack ok?

mtbr member

rack

I got a 96 Outback,Legacy.Either it's writen on the rack or I saw it in the onwers hand book.Only use Subaru stuff.Means something spendy from the dealer.Or maybe Subaru spacific aftermarket stuff.

mtbr member

No good

My humble opinion is that you don't want to use those with your existing, factory rack(efr). I have Rocky Mounts that are attatched to my erf and the bike hooks @ the fork. Get a little wind happening at 65 and it's exciting, meaning you might get to see your own bike pass you. They, RM warned me to get towers. But hell, I'm a gambler right? I think if you put you whole rig, front wheel and all up there on the erf you'll be sorry. 2 cents

mtbr member
    Thanks for the responses. I didn't know if wind would be that much of a factor since it would be running headlong and getting less exposure than if I had them sideways on my hatch rack (which is what worries me).

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Yakima Q-towers for Outback

You'll be much better off with a Yakima or Thule system for a lot of reasons.
    I have a set of Yakima Q-towers and clips off my 97 Legacy Outback for sale. $50 for all 4. E-mail [email protected]

Members who have read this thread: 0