Any minivan enthusiasts here? Just made my second version of Bike Station (shredbox),- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any minivan enthusiasts here? Just made my second version of Bike Station (shredbox),

https://youtu.be/7rOdaNxA5sk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Not a minivan owner but kind of want one now. That's a very cool set up!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Bikesexual
    Wow very impressive! Great video too.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

Cycologist
    Where did the second front wheel go?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Bikesexual
    Lol yeah, noticed that and finally a good use for racing ralphs..

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Just bought a used Mvan. Hauls the flashy bike inside and out of view from wandering redneck thieves. Also great for carcamping at trailheads and local rest stops for morning shredding. Love it. Nice video.
    Last edited by homeslice; 06-10-2018 at 08:56 PM.

mtbr member
    I'd totally rock a minivan for mountain biking trips. Actually...I'd love one of the jacked up full size 4wd vans.

Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    4x4 are cool and all but most of the time you will be driving on pavement or gravel road to the trailhead. Well, unless you want to do one of those instagram accounts that take photos pf the vans with girl holding a coffee mug at the sunset...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    Just bought a used Mvan. Hauls the flashy bike inside and out of view from wondering rednecks. Also great for carcamping at trailheads and local rest stops for morning shredding. Love it. Nice video.
    Thank you! And yeah, that is one main reason to keep the rides inside. Can even lock them up inside to the seat brackets if you leaving it for a longer periods of time inside.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Where did the second front wheel go?
    It goes in just like in the beginning of the video. Mostly I just have one bike inside so I didnt bother making another wheel bracket.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coxinio View Post
    Not a minivan owner but kind of want one now. That's a very cool set up!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    They are very underated but super useful and functional. Some guy on tacoma came by mine at the trailhead and said that he is selling it to get something similar, I was very astonished to hear that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by themanro View Post
    4x4 are cool and all but most of the time you will be driving on pavement or gravel road to the trailhead. Well, unless you want to do one of those instagram accounts that take photos pf the vans with girl holding a coffee mug at the sunset...
    I live in WV so I'd never own a vehicle that isn't 4wd/AWD. Gets used and is needed more than enough to justify having it. Granted a huge jacked up van like that would be overkill...but definitely not something that has AWD ability.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I live in WV so I'd never own a vehicle that isn't 4wd/AWD. Gets used and is needed more than enough to justify having it. Granted a huge jacked up van like that would be overkill...but definitely not something that has AWD ability.
    Donít mind me asking, what do you use it for? Iíve heard that before but never fully grasp the need.

Cycologist
    It goes in just like in the beginning of the video. Mostly I just have one bike inside so I didnt bother making another wheel bracket.
    Looks like you have some nice woodworking equipment. I'm hoping to get around to building myself a sled for my table saw one of these days. Just a friendly suggestion, I would have made the front wheel holder adjustable in width. But that may be because I currently have 23, 25, 32, 2.1 and 2.3s on my various bikes. Maybe you don't have that problem And I guess you could make a shim that goes in if needed.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Looks like you have some nice woodworking equipment. I'm hoping to get around to building myself a sled for my table saw one of these days. Just a friendly suggestion, I would have made the front wheel holder adjustable in width. But that may be because I currently have 23, 25, 32, 2.1 and 2.3s on my various bikes. Maybe you don't have that problem And I guess you could make a shim that goes in if needed.
    Itís very easy to make but super useful and fairly safe. As far as wheel goes, Iíve settled on 2.5, not changing it anytime soon, but if Iíd go smaller a rag would work just fine.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Donít mind me asking, what do you use it for? Iíve heard that before but never fully grasp the need.
    I would use it for east coast snow camping and roaming timber roads in depth. Great for those that don't take primitive camping too well around the backcountry. And one hell of a shuttle wagon. My mvan certainly couldn't deliver any of this.

mtbr member

Snow, ice, mud, fire roads, more times do I care to count have I gotten out of areas of wet grass on an incline (parking in a field) when others with 2wd were spinning and stuck...ect. I also feel that an AWD handles better on dry pavement. Both my Subarus and my Ford Taurus AWD handle better than any 2wd car/truck I've ever owned.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have a 2014 Toyota Sienna minivan that is rigged up for shuttling in and around Santa Cruz.

AWD isn't needed here as I am always in decent weather and on paved roads.

The Recon Rack holds 5 bikes and the Brass Knuckles hold another 2 up top. I had to add air BAGS on the rear end in order to handle the load.

Here are a few recent pics:Any minivan enthusiasts here? Just made my second version of Bike Station (shredbox),-img-4131.jpgAny minivan enthusiasts here? Just made my second version of Bike Station (shredbox),-3cc272bd-287e-417b-9ffb-f8b3176fbf9f.jpg