mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Any feedback on Torklift Ecohitch - Need to add a Hitch to Honda Clarity 2018

I just picked up a Honda Clarity PHEV. Everything great about it, except for finding a decent hitch for my bike rack. I finally across a Torklift Ecohitch for $300 bucks.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand or hitch?

https://torkliftcentral.com/rving-an...xoCitIQAvD_BwE

Curious Hitch Shopper

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by workbench View Post
    I just picked up a Honda Clarity PHEV. Everything great about it, except for finding a decent hitch for my bike rack. I finally across a Torklift Ecohitch for $300 bucks.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand or hitch?

https://torkliftcentral.com/rving-an...xoCitIQAvD_BwE

Curious Hitch Shopper
    I have torklift frame mounted truck camper tie downs. They are top notch. I've had them since 2003 and no issues. Torklift is well known in the towing and camper world. I've never used a hitch but would think that are just as good as the rest of the line.

I have used Curt hitches in the past. I had no issues.

Also check out etrailer.com ... They have a huge selection, lots of articles and knowledgeable people on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2018

Any feedback on Torklift Ecohitch - Need to add a Hitch to Honda Clarity 2018

Yup torklift makes quality stuff. I have their generator mount on my travel trailer. Here is another company thats making hidden hitches. Not sure if they have something for your application.

https://stealthhitches.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I had a Torklift Ecohitch on my last car for over four years. Never had any issues. It travelled many thousands of miles with rack and bikes.

since 4/10/2009
    I have an Ecohitch on a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek. No complaints, aside from the fact that the install required a not-minor amount of disassembly of the vehicle's rear end (I opted to pay someone else to install it, because I didn't want the hassle). Wife got rear-ended with her bike on the hitch rack. The wreck destroyed the bike rack to the extent that it had to be cut out of the receiver. The receiver was fine.

I've even towed a small camper thousands of miles with it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have one on a 14' Subaru Forester. Install was pretty easy but some disassembly and phishing of bolts was required. It fits better than any other I've seen for my car. All that you see is the receiver, none of the support braces. Very clean.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just installed a Torklift EcoHitch on a new Subaru WRX. Mine is the "hidden hitch", I could have bought another brand that hangs low to the ground for about half the price, but I'm glad I didn't. The EcoHitch is really well engineered, it fit great, and had very thorough instructions. I've installed hitches on my last few cars and the Torklift was significantly better than the Curt hitches I've used in the past.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Ecohitch really is the best option on the market for hidden hitches! Installation is not too hard, however there are multiple companies doing installation! Rack Attack did a great job installing my ecohitch as well as roof rack and bike racks!

I will say always go with the 2" receiver as it should give you the option to carry 4 bikes on a platform style rack if you ever needed to do so!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The install was way more involved (remove bumper, trunk interior, tailights, lower exhaust, etc), but the instructions were great and I had it buttoned up in under 3 hours. A second set of hands would be nice to line things up for assembly.