Any camaro/firebird owners?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Any camaro/firebird owners?

Do any of you guys( or gals) use your camaro/firechicken to haul your bikes? If so how do you go about doing it? I have a dodge dakota and a nissan xterra to swipe most of the time but id like a gameplan in case I have to use my SS to go riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I kick Sally Field to the curb and put it in the front seat. 10-4 Buddy!
    2008 Kona Kula 2-9 SS 2010 SWorks Epic
    Riding trails you maintain is more fun.

mtbr member
    I had a Saris Bones rack that I put soft socks on the bottom feet where it touched the bumper, worked pretty well, I had a three bike one and never used the inside because I didn't want to scratch it. It was a 2000 z28, [email protected] 1/4 times, I have a video somewhere of me killing off a set of drag radials with my bike rack on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    Cableb!tch: living, breathing proof you can be right and.still be a dick.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Retracted. Sorry. I should be contributing and not just making unnecessary comments. My apologies.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Borison; 07-26-2011 at 07:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    ^Funny. I havent heard THAT before. :rollseyes: And actually that couldnt be farther from the truth. I look more like the typical yuppy M3 driver. Which I would be if I wasnt scared shitless of owning a german car outside of warranty.

Digital Toast
    This is the one I always wanted....

The model before the EPA took the teeth out of her.

gutter mount some yak bars. Good to go. Sure they would be a little close...but at least the bike wouldn't be in the front seat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I've got a 96 WS6 TA and I have used it several times to carry a bike until I bought a Jeep for that. I put the back seats down, lay down a packing blanket (to take the grease or dirt from the bike instead of my seat) and put the bike in through the hatch rear wheel first. You have to leave the t-tops on because the handlebars sit down in there. It works pretty well, but only 1 bike at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Borison View Post
    Not sayin', just sayin'. Somebody had to say it.
    I bet that black chick would knock the shyte out of you then take your change if she knew you called her weave a mullet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cabletwitch View Post
    I had a Saris Bones rack that I put soft socks on the bottom feet where it touched the bumper, worked pretty well, I had a three bike one and never used the inside because I didn't want to scratch it. It was a 2000 z28, [email protected] 1/4 times, I have a video somewhere of me killing off a set of drag radials with my bike rack on.
    I too used a Saris rack on my 99' z28. You need some extra straps for the hatch but they were easy to find. With burnt out 02 sensors and street tires it went [email protected] Lots of power, but impossible to launch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkenstein View Post
    I too used a Saris rack on my 99' z28. You need some extra straps for the hatch but they were easy to find. With burnt out 02 sensors and street tires it went [email protected] Lots of power, but impossible to launch.
    Ill look into the Saris racks. My dad gave me an old bike rack he had laying around, its a bell. im gonna look into it tonight to see if its gonna work reliably. The last thing I need is my new bike bouncing down the highway at 70mph.

Btw, my 02 SS went 13.1 @ 105 stock with a ported maf on street tires. The ported maf was making it run lean, since then ive put a SLP lid and a tune on it and it goes consistent 13.1's at 106-107 on street tires. Not bad for a full optioned ss with leather power seats lol. And an auto car at that.