Access 2 bike rack- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Access 2 bike rack

I see a lot of recommendations here for the 1up rack. It looks like it's well deserved praise. However, it's also one of the most expensive rack around. I'm looking for a platform rack similar to that but I really don't have $500 to spend. I came across the Access 2 bike rack. It looks good but I can't find it here locally so I can't really have a close up look at it. Not much review of this rack here in the forum. If you have this rack, please feel free to comment on it. How is quality? Stability for road bike vs mountain? I own both types so I need something that would be good for both. Thanks

code: mtbr2011
    access? do you meanride softride versa?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yup, that's the one.

code: mtbr2011
    it's a good value. it folds up really small, and works well. sometimes the trays themselves can be a bit sticky pulling out, but the bikes are very well secured and it's otherwise really easy to use.
    will work equally well for both of your bikes.
    this is a pretty low price point for a 2 bike platform rack that doesn't attach to the frames. we've sold and installed a few and have been happy with the product.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cracksandracks.com View Post
    it's a good value. it folds up really small, and works well. sometimes the trays themselves can be a bit sticky pulling out, but the bikes are very well secured and it's otherwise really easy to use.
    will work equally well for both of your bikes.
    this is a pretty low price point for a 2 bike platform rack that doesn't attach to the frames. we've sold and installed a few and have been happy with the product.
    Thanks. Trying to decide to get that rack or save up and get the Kuat.

Members who have read this thread: 0