2011 Bmw M3 Vs 2011 Bmw S1000rr- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    RIS
    RIS is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,681

    2011 Bmw M3 Vs 2011 Bmw S1000rr

    The other thread seems to be quite popular, maybe this one will too.

    Let's see what $66,000 worth of carbon fiber roof, 14" vented and cross-drilled four wheel disc brakes, 8 cylinders, 8 fuel injection throttle bodies, 4 cams, 32 valves, 414 horsepower, and an 8300 rpm red line will do for a cage:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZlB2e3r4Fs

    FWIW:

    In competetion, a BMW S1000RR with a stock engine has gone 12 seconds a lap faster around this course than what the video shows.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AWDfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    211
    Both are nice, but the current M3 is just too much of a porker. It's too heavy.

    E30 M3 or bust.

    As for BMW Motorcycles, I've always wanted a dual-sport so that I could enjoy rugged trails while still being able to carve a nice racing line on a mountain pass.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    M3 2009

    Love to see how my e92 M3 2009 would fair against some of the older models.....lol.

  5. #5
    RIS
    RIS is offline
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by nsomniac
    So your into Harleys?

    I think you're barking up the wrong tree here, Glenn.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by RIS
    So your into Harleys?

    I think you're barking up the wrong tree here, Glenn.
    *you're

    I'm not big into Harleys, but I have no animosity for the people who ride them for what they were intended.

  7. #7
    Hail Satin!
    Reputation: chewymilk99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    238
    Pick up the latest issue of Sport Rider (motorcycle mag) they have this test with tracer maps and G-meters and all. The new M3 is ugly as sin (damn you Chris Bangle) but goes like unholy stink. It would DEEEEEEEstroy any previous M3 in any performance test. And the bike is the next evolutionary step for bikes. The succesfull marriage of technoligy (drive by wire, abs, traction control, clutchless shifting under power, etc) and just flat brut force. 193-ish hp! I pretty much gave up on sportbikes and the never ending race to own the biggest baddest one. But this bike and the new Aprilia V4 are making me rethink that decision.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    Ducati 848 2009

    I would still think, that the best combo is the Ducati 848 2009 and e92 M3 2009. BMW, though built bikes in the past, should stick with cars. Leave bikes to Ducati, its that simple. As for the new version of M3's, I dont know how anyone can say a stock M3 e30 or M3's built prior to the e92 or whatever can compete with the new M3's. Really? I mean really? (Keep in mind, stock e92 vs prior models of M3, the new M3's win everytime, drivers being equal).
    The older M3's are just V6's that wish they had a V8 with the current suspension. Of course I am very biased. Cars are for BMW and bikes are for Italians. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Its about performance and class mixed.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dblvanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki98
    I would still think, that the best combo is the Ducati 848 2009 and e92 M3 2009. BMW, though built bikes in the past, should stick with cars. Leave bikes to Ducati, its that simple. As for the new version of M3's, I dont know how anyone can say a stock M3 e30 or M3's built prior to the e92 or whatever can compete with the new M3's. Really? I mean really? (Keep in mind, stock e92 vs prior models of M3, the new M3's win everytime, drivers being equal).
    The older M3's are just V6's that wish they had a V8 with the current suspension. Of course I am very biased. Cars are for BMW and bikes are for Italians. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Its about performance and class mixed.

    Not a V6, inline 6, and the inline 6 is a unique, smooth, sweet motor. Remember the E30 and the 944 S2 are large displacment 4cyl's, it is all just part of the evolution and hp wars.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    303


    https://forums.mtbr.com/recycle-bin/who-rides-motorcycles-577341.html

    Because guys who post photos like this of themselves on mountain bike forums are much cooler than harley riders.

    The s1000r is a nice bike and the M3 is a nice car.

    I like apples and I like oranges too.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by chiplikestoridehisbike


    https://forums.mtbr.com/recycle-bin/who-rides-motorcycles-577341.html

    Because guys who post photos like this of themselves on mountain bike forums are much cooler than harley riders.

    The s1000r is a nice bike and the M3 is a nice car.

    I like apples and I like oranges too.


    Aaaaahahahahaha! That picture explains so much. I started looking through the thread too, and what a surprise - it's full of RIS telling everyone else how inferior they and their bikes are. Oh my god, I actually feel kind of bad for him now. Poor little guy looks like a ******nozzle, acts like a 9th grade debate champion, and can't even keep from arguing with his fellow squids. Everything he posts from now on will be looked at only with pity.
    Last edited by nsomniac; 08-13-2010 at 02:20 PM.

  12. #12
    Hail Satin!
    Reputation: chewymilk99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    238
    Ducatis, thought beautiful bikes (I've owned 2 996,998) just aren't as fast as their rivals. That 888 would get killed by a GSXR750 and smacked around by the CBR600. They do better on tight twistey tracks because of the nature of the V-twin engine. They make great low end torque but just lack the revs to make matching horsepower with the liter bikes. There's a reason why the racing sanctions give V-twins a displaysment cap of 1200cc. And the rest of the field has to make due with 880 or 850, I forget which it is now.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

  13. #13
    Hail Satin!
    Reputation: chewymilk99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    238
    Ooops. Sorry for the double post, but I ment 848. The 888 was the early 90's ducati sportbike.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AWDfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki98
    I would still think, that the best combo is the Ducati 848 2009 and e92 M3 2009. BMW, though built bikes in the past, should stick with cars. Leave bikes to Ducati, its that simple. As for the new version of M3's, I dont know how anyone can say a stock M3 e30 or M3's built prior to the e92 or whatever can compete with the new M3's. Really? I mean really? (Keep in mind, stock e92 vs prior models of M3, the new M3's win everytime, drivers being equal).
    The older M3's are just V6's that wish they had a V8 with the current suspension. Of course I am very biased. Cars are for BMW and bikes are for Italians. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Its about performance and class mixed.
    No M3's ever came with a V6. Anyone who swaps out the inline-6 for a V6 should be shot.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    Sorry

    To everyone who corrected me about the older M3's engine, sorry! My bad. The older M3's just look a little too boxy for me and I love the performance of the new M3's. I dont think it was ever a question which version would outperform the other but rather the looks between the two. Thanks again for correcting me with the V6...

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AWDfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki98
    To everyone who corrected me about the older M3's engine, sorry! My bad. The older M3's just look a little too boxy for me and I love the performance of the new M3's. I dont think it was ever a question which version would outperform the other but rather the looks between the two. Thanks again for correcting me with the V6...
    I don't know why, but I can't exactly like the looks of the E92. And I don't know why, but I think the E30 M3 is sex.

    No worries, it's just frustrating when people refer to BMW 6-cylinder engines as V6's since most, if not all, of the 6-cylinder BMW engines are inline-6s.

    Shame that BMW is now the only one making performance-oriented inline-6 engines

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.