2009 impreza hatch (5 door) question....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

2009 impreza hatch (5 door) question....

I am considering this car, I was curious if you put the seats down can you get a bike in it without having to take the wheel off? Any input on the space would be great, might workout I don't need to get a rack...thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have an 05, which should be about the same size. You will definitely need to take the front wheel off. With front wheel off, you can lay two bikes down, one on top of the other. If you take both wheels off, you may be able to fit in more, but there's only space for two people anyway

mtbr member
    I've got an '08 and the wheel definitely needs to come off. It comes with cross bars (make sure the dealer includes them), so all you have to buy for a rooftop rack is the Subaru specific clamps and the rack. I love mine by the way.

DRS

mtbr member
    '08 also - it's a tight fit even with the wheel off - the fork touches a front seat, the tire the door. Even if you removed the passenger seat there's no way an adult-size bike would fit with both wheels on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    what if you removed the rear seats? would this free up some space for a better fit?

Members who have read this thread: 0