2007 Rav4 bikr rack?- Mtbr.com
    Sinister Bandwagon

2007 Rav4 bikr rack?

so what kind of rack to put on a 07 Rav4 with a big spare tire in the back, I would like to stay away from the roof racks

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Old thread, but I'm bumping it because I need some ideas too. What non-roof bike rack do you have for a 2006-2009 RAV4? I don't have a hitch yet, so I guess I'll need something that attaches to the spare. Any suggestions? Are the spare mount racks safe and sturdy?

Thanks!

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by everyxnewxday
    Old thread, but I'm bumping it because I need some ideas too. What non-roof bike rack do you have for a 2006-2009 RAV4? I don't have a hitch yet, so I guess I'll need something that attaches to the spare. Any suggestions? Are the spare mount racks safe and sturdy?

Thanks!
    I've got a Thule Spare-Me rack on a 2003 CR-V. I have used it frequently for 6 years. I've had two bikes on it driving back and forth across the country 4 times (that alone would be ~22K miles) and many trips partway across the country. Other than that, I use it a few times a week on average .

I would get one that actually bolts to the spare tire mount.

Bionic Mtn Biker
    Can't go wrong with the Thule Spare Me. Had one for almost three years whenI was still driving my 01 Rav4. Pretty sure that they work for the later models as well. It bolts onto the spare tire mount and is pretty secure. It held 2 30+lb mtbs with no problems.
    Better than he was before. Better. . . Stronger. . . Faster. (but not smarter)

Members who have read this thread: 0