2005 Toyota Avalon rack options- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

2005 Toyota Avalon rack options

I'm going to be inheriting an '05 avalon in the near future, and need a rack for it. I prefer a roof rack, but have no idea where to even start. Both thule and yakima do not have racks that they say work for this car, but i have no idea if anything else does. google didn't even help. so any of you have any experience with this car, or have any ideas?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Try having your local shop call Thule. In their fit guide there is a gap and '05 isn't showing up. Are the '05's different than 04 or 06? There was obviously a redesign of the car and there may be a gray area based on production date that they can't cover properly with a simple fit guide. It most likely is the same car as one of those two years and they should have a roof set up that will work.

code: mtbr2011
    doesn't look like thule has a fit for this, but yakima has a q tower fit that would work well.
    check out this link...it's everything you need to get a rack system on the roof of the avalon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover
    Try having your local shop call Thule. In their fit guide there is a gap and '05 isn't showing up. Are the '05's different than 04 or 06? There was obviously a redesign of the car and there may be a gray area based on production date that they can't cover properly with a simple fit guide. It most likely is the same car as one of those two years and they should have a roof set up that will work.
    it's the same as the '06, or at least the body is.

i guess my other question would be what is an inexpensive rack option?

code: mtbr2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekenney
    i guess my other question would be what is an inexpensive rack option?
    if there was another rack out there that was specific enought to fit the toyota avalon, i'd like to see it...
    you could always go to your local home depot, pick up some 2 x 4's and some sheet metal screws and make something work...

Members who have read this thread: 0