20% sale Rocky Mounts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

20% sale Rocky Mounts

Got word that Rocky Mounts will have a 20% coupon on Memorial Day weekend. They recently had a spring 20% sale.

I'm not affiliated with Rocky nor its employees. Our garage has a nice Thule and Kuat NV. All hitch. The Rocky gives up nothing to the Thule T2 or Kuat. Admittedly the Kuat's work stand is very nice for trailhead work (not my bike, always a buddy showing up unprepared, ha).

Yes, the Mach 2 probably would've been as nice if not better, but the Rocky is available NOW and the customer service replied to our emails within a few hours.

Buddy will be picking up a BackStage Swing Away. I'll be scoring a Solo.
    https://rockymounts.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Got word that Rocky Mounts will have a 20% coupon on Memorial Day weekend. They recently had a spring 20% sale.

I'm not affiliated with Rocky nor its employees. Our garage has a nice Thule and Kuat NV. All hitch. The Rocky gives up nothing to the Thule T2 or Kuat. Admittedly the Kuat's work stand is very nice for trailhead work (not my bike, always a buddy showing up unprepared, ha).

Yes, the Mach 2 probably would've been as nice if not better, but the Rocky is available NOW and the customer service replied to our emails within a few hours.

Buddy will be picking up a BackStage Swing Away. I'll be scoring a Solo.
    https://rockymounts.com/
    Memorial Day seems so far away. But it is probably sooner than the Quik Rack Mach 2's release.

It is really a shame that it is hard to find a rack which checks off every desire. The Swing Away looks great but it is limited to 2 bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktavius View Post
    Memorial Day seems so far away. But it is probably sooner than the Quik Rack Mach 2's release.

It is really a shame that it is hard to find a rack which checks off every desire. The Swing Away looks great but it is limited to 2 bikes.
    Yeah, but my buddy is a single dude with only 2 bikes. And a big truck which is where the swingaway is priceless. Tailgate down, wet muddy lab jumps in back.

Memorial Day is 28 days away, but the 20 sale starts a bit sooner.
    And judging by the QuikRack thread, they won't be ready anytime soon....if ever. The wait list is insanely long although I'm betting a vast majority cancel or have forgotten they signed up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    www.competitivecyclist.com is having a 21% off sale right now. Just ordered a RockyMounts Monorail (2 bike) for $300 shipped (free 2 day shipping). coupon code GIRO101

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    WTF, no way!! I live in a great area just feet from trails, but find myself taking one bike across town to a friends. She's a newbie and I have fun on my easy training days, but taking the wheel off my bike and backing it into the SUV has gotten old. You just saved me a ton of money on a great hitch rack a month before RockyMounts' sale. Purchase done (and used activejunky). I'd add a billion rep points if I could, but ya get one, ha.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    So happy I had to make new thread in case others don't visit this one.

Short-Change-Hero
    Only problem with their racks is they are not really setup for newer Long/Low geometries. All racks state a max wheelbase of 48" which is the shortest I have seen from most of the bikes I am looking at currently to replace my ride. Main contenders for me are 49" wheelbase so can anyone confirm that these work with longer wheelbase bikes?

mtbr member
    Not seeing the sale on Rocky Mounts site, but used the 20% off promotion at REI.

REI also had the full price listed at $349, versus $379 on Rocky Mounts site.

Hey, a Bright Shiny Thing
    When I went to checkout with the backstage swing away it said it wasn't a "qualifying item"

boo
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol