2" to 1 1/4" adapter...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

2" to 1 1/4" adapter...

My truck has a 2" receiver hitch, and my wifes car has an 1 1/4" receiver, I want to use our 1 1/4" rack on my truck...where can I find an adapter for this?
    " No! try not, Do or do not. There is no try. "

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Try here:
    http://www.swagmanbikeracks.com/shop...7&cat=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by atvsmurf
    My truck has a 2" receiver hitch, and my wifes car has an 1 1/4" receiver, I want to use our 1 1/4" rack on my truck...where can I find an adapter for this?
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

I wear white socks
    Apr 2007

Another adaptor

I needed the same thing, however wanted the rack to not stick out very far behind the truck. I bought the adaptor below as it was very inexpensive.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w..._133741_133741

I have a Thule T2 1-1/4 and by turning the adaptor around (using the 1-1/4 end towards the vehicle) I can get the rack very close to the rear of the truck. I am also using the bolt supplied with the rack (since the rack is not permantly on the vehicle) to hold this rack so there is only a hair of vertical movement by doing this. If you are going to use a pin only, I cannot guarantee it will be as stable.

I have only had this piece for 4 months or so, but it is a chunk of powdercoated metal. It should be pretty tough and last a while.

Just another option for you.

Members who have read this thread: 0