1up Rack- Mtbr.com

Thread: 1up Rack

mtbr member

1up Rack

just received my 1up rack in black, here is a brief review:

looks: way better than the T2 its replacing. the black is well done and looks very sharp.

installation: took between 5 and 10 min. prob could have done it faster but i was being very careful. read instructions, pulled out of box, extended trays, then slid into the receiver and tightened. no assembly. if your hitch is at all behind your bumper you might need an extension - 1up sells them if needed.

build quality: far superior to my T2 and way way better than the Kuat (i used an NV a while back and came away thinking that attention to detail was lacking and it felt cheap). the black ano is very well done and it looks strong and is finished well.

weight: i thought it would be much lighter than the T2 but with the extra bike carrier its still pretty heavy and think my GF would struggle if she had to take on/off. of course you could take the extra carrier off first (two allen screws) which makes it much lighter.

loading bike: extend the wheel holders and set bike on. super easy. looking at it i wondered how well it would hold a bike but once on i felt fully confident that it was stout. drove to my evening ride and there was no bike bouncing or rattle.

security: i think it would be very difficult to steal the hitch. someone would need the special allen key. that said, you will need some type of cable and lock to secure your bike to the hitch.

overall: the build quality is far superior to any rack i have previously used. looks are subjective but i think its obvious that its a quality product and that is very well made. dont expect it to be much lighter than some of the other racks - its definitely lighter than the T2 but is prob very close to the yakima and kuat versions. i can recommend this rack without reservation.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ditto,

had mine for a yr now and best rack ever.

ballbuster
    Mine shows up tomorrow.... can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Received mine yesterday. It took literally 5 minutes to go from the box to bike loaded. This has got to be the most intelligently designed bike rack ever. Super intuitive and easy to use. Build quality is off the charts good. The bike is held very securely on the rack and the rack has no wobble in the hitch. I love this thing and look forward to actually using it more. Worth every penny...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Got mine in silver about a month ago. I love it! Well made and very sturdy.