Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,600 of 3649
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by briantortilla View Post
    Here are some pics of my new heavy duty rack on my Mazda 3. I wasn't really a fan of the u-lock security option, so I got a "weather proof" padlock from a local locksmith and had him install a 3"shackle. A cable fits nicely in the shackle giving me a one key solution. I also don't mind using the Velcro strap as a backup. As a plus, my hatch clears the rack when it is folded in the fully up stowed position making access to the back really easy!! Loving it so far.
    You have great taste in cars, colors, and racks, Sir. 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-16796956_10211661919560667_6829642484288598607_o.jpg
    2017 Salsa Bucksaw Carbon
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon
    2015 Motobecane Sturgis Bullet

Danger Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I just came back to this thread....did not see it in the last couple of posts but ya'll have seen the NEW rack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=43WSDih6mOQ
    This is not the same 1up. Look at the other thread for more info. 1up-usa.com and 1upusa.com are not (or are no longer) the same company. If I need anything else for my 1up rack I'll be using 1up-usa.com.

I may purchase another add on rack sooner than I had previously planned from 1up-usa.com because who knows what could happen if a legal battle starts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Ouch GF. I just saw that other thread....
    Konfusing times eh...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Any Canadian owners care to comment on the shipping/duty/brokerage fees for getting one of these up to Vancouver? the web site mentions duty , but I thought NAFTA meant no duty on made in N.A products? Im pretty close to ordering one ( or the other 1upusa "mach 2" rack ) but am a little worried about being hit with a whopper of a shipping bill.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyride1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16796956_10211661919560667_6829642484288598607_o.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	1156899
    you either have excellent depth perception or terrible depth perception.......I cant tell with the shadow on the bumper.

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscello View Post
    you either have excellent depth perception or terrible depth perception.......I cant tell with the shadow on the bumper.
    I'd go with terrible. Why, just why?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    It's either both or neither. The license plate didn't touch the wooden rail but I don't think there was more than a quarter of an inch in between.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerz View Post
    Any Canadian owners care to comment on the shipping/duty/brokerage fees for getting one of these up to Vancouver? the web site mentions duty , but I thought NAFTA meant no duty on made in N.A products? Im pretty close to ordering one ( or the other 1upusa "mach 2" rack ) but am a little worried about being hit with a whopper of a shipping bill.
    Thanks!
    Yes you are going to get hit with a bill. One up will only ship with a courier so the courier charges a brokerage fee, usually $50-$70 whether there is duty or not. If they shipped usps to Canada post then there would be no charges. This goes with any online ordering that uses a courier like Fed-ex, UPS, etc.
    Even with shipping fees it is worth it. Give them a call and see if they'll send it in the mail.

mtbr member
    I go up to Canada (southern Ontario) quite often. For a nominal fee I can make a personal delivery. LOL
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I go up to Canada (southern Ontario) quite often. For a nominal fee I can make a personal delivery. LOL
    make it out to Vancouver and we'll talk! lol

thanks for the input guys, sounds close to what 1up said to me. Duty free, but brokerage is up to the shipper , usually around $60. ish.

I almost never order online or internationally, and the few times I have ive be pretty blown away by the surprise fees .

Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    I think the wife may be getting me the 1UP Heavy Duty Double for Christmas. Hope that's the case, I've been talking about ordering one for months.

In the back of my head I have this weird worry that one of my tires will have a slow leak and go flat while on this rack though. Anyone ever had this problem?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Yes kind of. I pinched and had to drive home with a flat on my bike. If you have the arms adjusted properly it isn't a concern.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have loaded up with normal pressure on my tubeless 29-er, so low/mid-20's (psi) pressure, and found a flat tire at the end of my drive. Bike still secure on the rack, but it's a concern ... especially with a road bike where the margin between loose and tight is only a click or two. We have the optional wheel locks and they add security for that situation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by He1enKe1ler View Post
    In the back of my head I have this weird worry that one of my tires will have a slow leak and go flat while on this rack though. Anyone ever had this problem?
    This is the only drawback to this rack where the only part of the bike the rack touches are the tires. I've had this happen to me when I had one of those days where I just kept getting flats. I was on my fat bike and I haven't done the tubeless conversion yet so I was running tubes. The rear tube kept getting flats and I was running out of patches to keep it inflated. I had to drive to the nearest bike shop to pick up a new fat tube just so I can get air in the tire to get the bike home. I suppose if you keep a couple of velcro straps in your car you can always strap the rim to the tray if you're concerned with flatting out while on the rack.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    This is the only drawback to this rack where the only part of the bike the rack touches are the tires. I've had this happen to me when I had one of those days where I just kept getting flats. I was on my fat bike and I haven't done the tubeless conversion yet so I was running tubes. The rear tube kept getting flats and I was running out of patches to keep it inflated. I had to drive to the nearest bike shop to pick up a new fat tube just so I can get air in the tire to get the bike home. I suppose if you keep a couple of velcro straps in your car you can always strap the rim to the tray if you're concerned with flatting out while on the rack.
    I had a Yakima King Cobra 2 Roof rack and the method to secure was the front tire clamp. There were several times where I transported bikes with flats but the clamp mechanism stayed in place. for 1up the obvious solution as you suggest is velcro strap. but with better tires and rims for tubeless who gets flats anymore? i have not had a flat tire over 3 years. m

but now that you mention it, I am going to put a bungy in the car for insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I use the wheel locks just in case, but I doubt the bike would get loose enough to come out of the rack even with a flat.

Your Best Friend
    Yes, tires deflating can make an issue but the arm is up around the wheel as well. The bike would wobble more but it won't come out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I am overly cautious on things like this, I would through on a bungee/Velcro on tires no matter what. No one else adds a second way to secure the bike on long trips? 30 seconds to secure 2 tires.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    You are the type of person that would do this with any rack. I have had my rack for 3 years without a problem and the reason I got it was I lost a bike off of a T2. If you adjust your rack to fit your tires I can't see ever having a problem.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marcw View Post
    I am overly cautious on things like this, I would through on a bungee/Velcro on tires no matter what. No one else adds a second way to secure the bike on long trips? 30 seconds to secure 2 tires.
    as Levelheadsteve just posted above, there are wheel locks available and they go through the holes in the arms that clamp the tires. I have these, but only use them for security on road trips.

for 99% of road & driving conditions I think the wheels stay in place as the tire flats without extra security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    A friend of mine told me that he was traveling a bumpy road with bikes on his rack and the locking bar somehow dis-engaged from its slots, causing the rack to drop down to the "rear access" position. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtbikologist View Post
    A friend of mine told me that he was traveling a bumpy road with bikes on his rack and the locking bar somehow dis-engaged from its slots, causing the rack to drop down to the "rear access" position. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
    It absolutely cannot do this if you properly put it in place. That is solely user error. Also, there is a black knob that can be tensioned against the release bar to hold it in place. I rarely use it as it's a PITA to get to. After 5 years of ownership, two 1ups, and thousands of bike trips, this has never happened.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    It absolutely cannot do this if you properly put it in place. That is solely user error. Also, there is a black knob that can be tensioned against the release bar to hold it in place. I rarely use it as it's a PITA to get to. After 5 years of ownership, two 1ups, and thousands of bike trips, this has never happened.

What he said....can't really see how this can happen other than the spring holding the "lock" got damaged somehow.

mtbr member

ALTA SIX does not lose bikes and manages off roading like a champ

Vtbikologist- that happens more than reported. Almost all these racks have a single point of failure when it comes to safety. Unlike our rack. We have triple safety built in to the rack. Our rack converts to other sports and carries up to six bikes, no touch, no rub, and no loss bikes or rack. Made in Utah. check out the video on our website please. altaracks.com
    1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-20170622_110814.jpg

mtbr member
    This has never happened to me and I don't see how it is even possible.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I don't drive on bumpy gravel roads, I race them. I am that guy people are afraid to drive with and I never have had my rack disengage. I have seen this happen with other racks though. Usually with a pin style of disengagement.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    On a recent road trip holiday I went to the back of my Jeep and found that one of my rear trays was starting to pivot rearward. Looking at it I found that the 15 degree plate had a broken piece that was the stop for the tray. This portion of the plate isn't very thick and It really got me mad to have had this happen. After some swearing and a little bit of deep thought I came to the assumption that this was my fault. I had been through a auto car wash the day before and the top wash roller had become stuck on my rack. My fault because I should have removed it before entering.. I tied up the tray and carried on my trip.
    When I got home I looked up the parts and went to order them, I remembered that 1up ships with a courier. In Canada the couriers charge us a brokerage fee on the back end. Usually $50-60. I emailed 1up, explained myself and after a few emails they agreed and sent my plate in the mail. I got it today with a $16 customs charge and will change it out tonight.
    In Canada I have never had as good of service with anyone in the bike industry, other of course than my LBS. Most manufactures don't care about their product after the point of sale. This is one of the reasons to buy a 1up rack.

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta Racks View Post
    Vtbikologist- that happens more than reported. Almost all these racks have a single point of failure when it comes to safety. Unlike our rack. We have triple safety built in to the rack. Our rack converts to other sports and carries up to six bikes, no touch, no rub, and no loss bikes or rack. Made in Utah. check out the video on our website please. altaracks.com

Name:	20170622_110814.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	1169609
    It may, but likely not. Your snub of another brand to help sell yours based on a story you can't confirm is, well...

If these racks failed at that point, it would get reported to 1up at the least, and most likely plastered all over forums or review websites.

This thread is most likely the single largest database of 1up user experiences on the net.

This just doesn't happen without user error.

Moderator Moderator
    Apr 2011
    This has never happened to me and I don't see how it is even possible.
    I had it happen once. 1 up with 4 spots. Went around a bumpy right hand climbing turn at an intersection. The rack dropped to the low position. The back edge of the 4th tray ground down a bit.

My hypothesis is that the locking bar did not seat completely. No evidence. I've just noticed that it can get bound 1/2 way out of the notch. Seems like the most likely scenario.

My wife uses the locking nut. I just give the thing a few lifts to make sure the bar seats all the way. No problems since.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Here are some pics of my new heavy duty rack on my Mazda 3. I wasn't really a fan of the u-lock security option, so I got a "weather proof" padlock from a local locksmith and had him install a 3"shackle. A cable fits nicely in the shackle giving me a one key solution. I also don't mind using the Velcro strap as a backup. As a plus, my hatch clears the rack when it is folded in the fully up stowed position making access to the back really easy!! Loving it so far.
    Thank you for this. Ordered this exact lock after hours of trying to find one off the shelf with these specs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Name:	20170622_110814.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	1169609
    Looks like a decent rack and certainly innovative. Would be nice if you had a basket that would accommodate a fat bike tire.

But your rack also has multiple points where it is a single point of failure with respect to safety. Anything on the main supports or the main hinge if they fail, the rack fails. That is a "single point of failure" with respect to safety.

J.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    If anyone is interested in a quick "peace of mind" solution to securing your wheels, I bought a couple packs of lawnmower handle bolts ($4 each) and some 5/16" x 4" hex bolts. Used an old tube to wrap them and threaded them through the inside of my wheels. They don't lock but they'll at least catch if for some reason the ratchets come loose. I'd never expect that to happen but I like the added peace of mind.

Just bought my 1up based on this thread. Definitely a good investment.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Arnold-Shea...8aAr53EALw_wcB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-20180403_132613.jpg  

Bikesexual
    2 months since getting mine, don't know why I waited so long. Love this thing!

I bought their lock for $20, and never leave my bike unattended.

The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
    Looks like a decent rack and certainly innovative. Would be nice if you had a basket that would accommodate a fat bike tire.

But your rack also has multiple points where it is a single point of failure with respect to safety. Anything on the main supports or the main hinge if they fail, the rack fails. That is a "single point of failure" with respect to safety.

J.
    But, but, but, they say it's military grade!!!

Outside of some hardened electronics, 'military grade' means 'same as civilian version but costs a lot more and may come in a camo version'.

Other items of note on their website:

'four-season rack'. Oh damn, got all those three-season racks beat!

Overabundant use of the word 'interface'. What's wrong with 'adaptor'?

'the rack that cuddles your bike'. Creepiness aside, I thought this was 'military grade'!

'Tactical'. Apparently it's an assault style rack.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deville410 View Post
    If anyone is interested in a quick "peace of mind" solution to securing your wheels, I bought a couple packs of lawnmower handle bolts ($4 each) and some 5/16" x 4" hex bolts. Used an old tube to wrap them and threaded them through the inside of my wheels. They don't lock but they'll at least catch if for some reason the ratchets come loose. I'd never expect that to happen but I like the added peace of mind.

Just bought my 1up based on this thread. Definitely a good investment.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Arnold-Shea...8aAr53EALw_wcB
    That's clever and good for long trips. My solution is much simpler and that is to use a bungee cord (or string 2 or 3 together) and hook the ends to each of the opposing arms. Hook them to either any one of the many holes up and down the arms or to the bowtie shafts that touches the tires. This applies constant pressure inwards so the arms won't open up.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    That's clever and good for long trips. My solution is much simpler and that is to use a bungee cord (or string 2 or 3 together) and hook the ends to each of the opposing arms. Hook them to either any one of the many holes up and down the arms or to the bowtie shafts that touches the tires. This applies constant pressure inwards so the arms won't open up.
    The risk isn't the arms opening, it's keeping the tires in the trays if, say, you hit a very big bump at highway speeds. That said, I hit a major pavement defect at 80mph that almost put our SUV airborne. The front wheel twisted a bit but everything was fine. If you really want to worry, just put a toe clip strap or a bungee around the bottom the wheel and the tray.

You really don't need to worry about the cam mechanism breaking. It's just not going to happen.

J.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello all. I've had a 1up USA quick rack for five years. Still looks and functions like new.
    I'm looking for new security options. Specifically to replace the Velcro emergency straps.
    Has anyone ever tried this product? It's pricey, but looks like it might be a good solution.
    Thoughts?

https://ottodesignworks.com/shop/ottolock

mtbr member
    So I bit the bullet and got a 1up rack. Quick question. One of the locking blue arms slight rubs against the tray when opened. It's like the tray is a teeny tiny sticking out, and when I move the blue lever to lock it, it initially hits the tray, scraping the finish in a small area and once it clears it, there's no more rubbing. Big deal or complain to 1up?

Also, I was transporting the rack inside my car with the trays folded in. I noticed that the wheel arms sorta rattled. Is this normal? so when the rack is on the hitch and no bike is on it, I wonder now if the wheel arms vibrate and make that rattling sound.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wawa56 View Post
    Hello all. I've had a 1up USA quick rack for five years. Still looks and functions like new.
    I'm looking for new security options. Specifically to replace the Velcro emergency straps.
    Has anyone ever tried this product? It's pricey, but looks like it might be a good solution.
    Thoughts?

Here's how I do it for both security and safety. The U-Lock is short enough where if the rack loosens up it can't slide out enough to drop out of the hitch. As you can see I have a piece of duct tape on the shaft to mark how far it insert without getting too close to the car when bike is on the rack and I wrapped a piece of old inner tube along the "U" to keep it from rattling and marking up the rack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-20170204_131025.jpg  

2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hi, I've had my 1Up rack for somewhat under a year. I went with basically the same U-lock setup as tonyride1, for several reasons: 1) didn't feel comfortable with just Velcro, 2) wanted to be able to prevent theft of entire rack and 3) I can loop a cable lock or chain lock through the U-lock if I need to lock up bikes. You can find U-locks that vary in size, so you can buy to match your fit.
    Concerning the question about rattling, I recall reading quite a bit about that somewhere on mtbr. I presume you are talking about the rack when no bike is in it. Some people came up with some easy remedies; others had no noticeable issue. Rattling may also depend on if you have the rack in the vertical, stored position or flat. Some people are particular about such things and others not. If you're concerned, contact 1Up or check out the older forum discussions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    So I bit the bullet and got a 1up rack. Quick question. One of the locking blue arms slight rubs against the tray when opened. It's like the tray is a teeny tiny sticking out, and when I move the blue lever to lock it, it initially hits the tray, scraping the finish in a small area and once it clears it, there's no more rubbing. Big deal or complain to 1up?

Also, I was transporting the rack inside my car with the trays folded in. I noticed that the wheel arms sorta rattled. Is this normal? so when the rack is on the hitch and no bike is on it, I wonder now if the wheel arms vibrate and make that rattling sound.

Have used the 1up for about 5 years now, I have no rattling with mine when it is folded up or left down, it is silent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wawa56 View Post
    Thoughts?

I just got one. I think it's a very sold product. It also has a ratchet style closure so you could tighten it up pretty well. I think it would be fine from a water tight perspective, but I'd ask the mfg about using it if it were in the slipstream behind your car. That's sort of a sustained high pressure water spray situation.

As a lock though, it's excellent. Way better security than any other lock you can carry in a jersey pocket.

Snow Dog
    I just got one. I think it's a very sold product. It also has a ratchet style closure so you could tighten it up pretty well. I think it would be fine from a water tight perspective, but I'd ask the mfg about using it if it were in the slipstream behind your car. That's sort of a sustained high pressure water spray situation.

As a lock though, it's excellent. Way better security than any other lock you can carry in a jersey pocket.
    might look into one of those as well...
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    I was wondering if the wheel trays are supposed to swing easily with ease or are they supposed to require two hands and some force to open and fold? My new 1up feels super tight when opening and folding the wheel trays.

Also, I think I found the source of the rattle that I mentioned a few posts up. When the vent arms are folded down, the outside arm bar touches one of the two cylindrical mounts on the glide bar. If I put something between the two contact points, the rattle stops.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    I was wondering if the wheel trays are supposed to swing easily with ease or are they supposed to require two hands and some force to open and fold? My new 1up feels super tight when opening and folding the wheel trays.

Also, I think I found the source of the rattle that I mentioned a few posts up. When the vent arms are folded down, the outside arm bar touches one of the two cylindrical mounts on the glide bar. If I put something between the two contact points, the rattle stops.

I've had mine for YEARS now and the trays are stiff and require effort to fold. I assume you are talking about the tray the tires sit on, requiring the blue levers t o be released before folding for storage? A few minutes of love and attention with a wrench and some Boeshield T-9 fixes all. If any of the nylon locking nuts seem weak, buy new ones they are cheap.

I bought the 1up wall mount and lagged it to the garage wall. Rack off on stored on wall in about 6 seconds. Very easy. I store my add-on tray folded in the corner. Rarely use it but there when needed.

You may want to spray some lube between the pivot point, or take it apart to see if there's dirt in there. Maybe an lot of salt spray (Winter) could cause some oxidation if the coating has worn off? I just don't fold my main trays very often except when I go camping, I throw the folded 1up rack in the SUV, and the bikes in the toy hauler.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I've had mine for YEARS now and the trays are stiff and require effort to fold. I assume you are talking about the tray the tires sit on, requiring the blue levers t o be released before folding for storage? A few minutes of love and attention with a wrench and some Boeshield T-9 fixes all. If any of the nylon locking nuts seem weak, buy new ones they are cheap.

I bought the 1up wall mount and lagged it to the garage wall. Rack off on stored on wall in about 6 seconds. Very easy. I store my add-on tray folded in the corner. Rarely use it but there when needed.

You may want to spray some lube between the pivot point, or take it apart to see if there's dirt in there. Maybe an lot of salt spray (Winter) could cause some oxidation if the coating has worn off? I just don't fold my main trays very often except when I go camping, I throw the folded 1up rack in the SUV, and the bikes in the toy hauler.
    I forgot to mention that my rack is brand spanking new. So I thought maybe over time the trays will swing with ease with only one hand moving them. But good to know that they are supposed to be tight and don't open easily.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Been lurking this thread for some time, hoping the new mach 2 would be released in time, but I couldn't wait and ordered 1 super duty, and 1 super duty add on (in separate purchases).

I'm very happy with the rack. I have one comment though - when I purchased the 2nd rack (I also purchased a full set of wheel locks, add on lock, and hitch lock (they were all keyd the same - awesome).

My problem, is that when I made the separate purchase for the add-on rack - they didn't provide me with another allen wrench. It seems to me, if you provide a product that requires a tool to use, you should provide that (especially if it's as simple as an allen wrench). I emailed them to ask why this is, and they basically just said that the expectation is that the customer would use one of the first 2 they provided, and more could be purchased on the shop. I let them know I thought that was a cash grab.

This seems like a miss on their part, and has kind of left me with a bad taste about the rack, although I am still happy with it.

ultra member
    What could you possibly do with 3 of the same allen wrench? It seems fairly reasonable that they would not provide another considering the only people purchasing the add on will already have 2.
    Somersaults... that's how I roll.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    What could you possibly do with 3 of the same allen wrench? It seems fairly reasonable that they would not provide another considering the only people purchasing the add on will already have 2.
    Sure.
    I like to have spares, in case I lose one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Yeah, I ordered the add-on and was really sad when it didn't have all the parts I needed. Why didn't they include the base rack in the box? Must be trying to cut corners?
    /s

mtbr member
    I also ordered an add-on separately and didn't receive another allen wrench but I wasn't expecting to receive another one so I wasn't disappointed. Personally I don't see the point or need to have a 3rd one since the original base rack came with 2 and you can't use the add-on without the base. Again, this is just my own personal opinion but I'm good with having 2 wrenched. Now, if I'm the type who's constantly losing stuff and lost both wrenches then I'd bigger problems to worry about.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Starting to question if I should have ordered one of these. I picked up the Kuat Sherpa 2.0 from REI based on a 20% off discount they had recently. Still waiting to get my hitch installed to use the rack, but I'm definitely second guessing. The good thing is i could use the Sherpa for almost a year and return it back to REI if i really wanted with no consequence. Their biggest seller was semi-integrated locks and hitch pin locks, as well as the small footprint. I'll have to take some time to think about this though and use the rack some first.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danmtz View Post
    Starting to question if I should have ordered one of these. I picked up the Kuat Sherpa 2.0 from REI based on a 20% off discount they had recently. Still waiting to get my hitch installed to use the rack, but I'm definitely second guessing. The good thing is i could use the Sherpa for almost a year and return it back to REI if i really wanted with no consequence. Their biggest seller was semi-integrated locks and hitch pin locks, as well as the small footprint. I'll have to take some time to think about this though and use the rack some first.
    I checked out the Sherpa, along with some other models, before I settled on the 1UP rack and I never looked back. Since you're still waiting for the hitch to be installed on to your vehicle you might as well return the Sherpa and order the 1UP.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member

safety features

J.
    Thanks for the reply, the single pivot point does have safety feature of an outer safety pin a 5/8 pin that stop the rotation. We also have tie down points for thrid layer safety as well. We have been off roading with this rack for past 2.5 years and not a single failure. Carson Storch is actually jumping his truck with the rack. WE also have fat tire baskets as well.1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-conner_v_toyota.jpg on. Plus we provide LIFE TIME warranty.1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-alex_kim1.jpg1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-conner_v_toyota-2.jpg1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-carson_storch_1.jpg
    Military grade products at great prices.
    www.altaracks.com
    Not just a bike rack, but a Life rack.

mtbr member
    I looked at the Sherpa 2.0 when I replaced my 1up, it's a great rack and with 20% off a good value. Compared to the 1up it is lighter, easier to install and use, and has built in locks. The only downside is some Kuat racks have had long term durability issues, but they do have a lifetime warranty and are good about sending replacement parts if needed. You made a good choice, no need to second guess it now.

Snow Dog
    Thanks for the reply, the single pivot point does have safety feature of an outer safety pin a 5/8 pin that stop the rotation. We also have tie down points for thrid layer safety as well. We have been off roading with this rack for past 2.5 years and not a single failure. Carson Storch is actually jumping his truck with the rack. WE also have fat tire baskets as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conner_v_toyota.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	1193666 on. Plus we provide LIFE TIME warranty.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALEX_Kim1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	1193663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conner_v_toyota-2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	1193664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carson_storch_1.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	1193665
    that is a sweet set up on the Tacoma. I am thinking of getting a Tacoma in the next year or 2 and might steal some of those ideas...did you guys build the tent rack system as well? Have your web site bookmarked for the bike rack!!!
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I wonder if REI would allow returns in consecutive years of different brands and/or models of racks? So this year one gets a Kuat Sherpa and returns it next year in time to buy another model of Kuat, and then the next year a Thule, and Yakima. Maybe once the practice gets socialized it will drive REI to 30 day return policy?

Sincerely,

And so on, and so on....

https://youtu.be/brC_jK6stBs

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    I wonder if REI would allow returns in consecutive years of different brands and/or models of racks? So this year one gets a Kuat Sherpa and returns it next year in time to buy another model of Kuat, and then the next year a Thule, and Yakima. Maybe once the practice gets socialized it will drive REI to 30 day return policy?

Sincerely,

And so on, and so on....

https://youtu.be/brC_jK6stBs

Hah, I doubt they'd be able to notice that much, but as I've done my research on Kuat, they only just refreshed their Sherpa and NV lines 1-2 years ago after about 5+ years. Seems they don't update them as often.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hah, I doubt they'd be able to notice that much, but as I've done my research on Kuat, they only just refreshed their Sherpa and NV lines 1-2 years ago after about 5+ years. Seems they don't update them as often.
    And to be clear, I was not casting judgement on any customer who would try. In fact, I would encourage one to return if not satisfied and do the same if it happens again. I am more interested in the socializing aspect that appeared to be a big driver in REI replacing the lifetime return policy with the current one year.

Even the mighty Costco is not a bottomless pit when it comes to returns on certain product.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The 1UP is the real deal... so many happy customers cants be a fluke!
    2007 Trek Fuel EX9
    2017 Santa Cruz Hightower C 27.5

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I run 2.8+ tires on my Santa Cruz and they fit fine!
    2007 Trek Fuel EX9
    2017 Santa Cruz Hightower C 27.5

Snow Dog
    29x3 Knards fit right in mine as well!!!
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Can't find a clear answer to my question. Just pulled the trigger on a 1UP rack when I realized something. I have a class 1 hitch (1.25") on my car. There is a safety nub/tab inside the hitch that is meant to prevent the use of class II accessories. The only problem is that I don't have enough length inside the hitch before the nub to reach the required minimum insertion. The 1UP website shows a diagram under fitment for the Quick Rack 1 bike 1.25"-2" that shows 4.3" to be the minimum insertion distance.

The way I see my options are:

1) Drill out the tab and slide the rack in to the desired length (don't want to do that for safety/integrity of the hitch)

2) Get a 6" extender that fits into the class I hitch with a locking pin, then insert the 1UP rack. A couple downsides to this... When using extender, tongue weight goes down by 50%. So from 200lbs to 100lbs, I only ever plan on using 1 bike, so that's fine. The bigger issue is the stability due to the extension and the wobble I may experience while driving. And ground clearance would be worse on the rear with the hitch extender in place.

I really want to buy the 1UP rack, but I don't like either of those options. Anyone have other suggestions?

Funnily enough, someone posted a picture of the same model car I have with a 1UP Quik Rack with the same hitch I have. I wonder if he drilled out the safety nub/tab.

Picture can be seen in customer review (Scion FR-S): https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...leid=201646843

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7OFF View Post
    Can't find a clear answer to my question. Just pulled the trigger on a 1UP rack when I realized something. I have a class 1 hitch (1.25") on my car. There is a safety nub/tab inside the hitch that is meant to prevent the use of class II accessories. The only problem is that I don't have enough length inside the hitch before the nub to reach the required minimum insertion. The 1UP website shows a diagram under fitment for the Quick Rack 1 bike 1.25"-2" that shows 4.3" to be the minimum insertion distance.

1) Drill out the tab and slide the rack in to the desired length (don't want to do that for safety/integrity of the hitch)

2) Get a 6" extender that fits into the class I hitch with a locking pin, then insert the 1UP rack. A couple downsides to this... When using extender, tongue weight goes down by 50%. So from 200lbs to 100lbs, I only ever plan on using 1 bike, so that's fine. The bigger issue is the stability due to the extension and the wobble I may experience while driving. And ground clearance would be worse on the rear with the hitch extender in place.

I really want to buy the 1UP rack, but I don't like either of those options. Anyone have other suggestions?

Funnily enough, someone posted a picture of the same model car I have with a 1UP Quik Rack with the same hitch I have. I wonder if he drilled out the safety nub/tab.

Picture can be seen in customer review (Scion FR-S): https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...leid=201646843
    I have a 1-ľ" Class I receiver also and there's no tab, notch, or any obstructions at all. The path is clear all the way through. I don't know if this is a new thing but my hitch is an aftermarket Curt hitch I got from e-Trailer.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

It looks like that hitch is custom for the SCION. Maybe they are trying to tell the buyer that this car has very limited capacity? (Maybe the tab is the custom part)

I have a 1up 2" but I don't recall the min. Insert being that far? Maybe they have changed over time? I just got up and checked and the min. Insert is 2".

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It might just be a draw tight hitch thing. I have a draw tight on my focus and it has the tab while the Curt on my VW doesn't. The draw tight has been on my focus now for 2 1/2 years with a 1up installed without any issue. I can't remember exactly how far the ball is inserted into the receiver but it wasn't as far as I would have liked. I do have it chained to the hitch though just in case it starts working loose.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    i have a marker on mine for the minimum insertion, looks like 2-2.5".

You have it inserted only 2.5"? Or you mean the ball is 2.5" inside the hitch receiver?

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by canker View Post
    It might just be a draw tight hitch thing. I have a draw tight on my focus and it has the tab while the Curt on my VW doesn't. The draw tight has been on my focus now for 2 1/2 years with a 1up installed without any issue. I can't remember exactly how far the ball is inserted into the receiver but it wasn't as far as I would have liked. I do have it chained to the hitch though just in case it starts working loose.
    I am thinking of doing this as well, maybe with a tightly wound braided steel cable through the rack and the loops on the hitch receiver.

Would you mind measuring the insertion distance you have? I have 3.9" before the tab inside my hitch.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Centerline of the ball is 2 inches. I wouldn't use it without 3 inches of insertion. If you have 3.9 inches then you are really good to go.
    Did that sound dirty?

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee View Post
    Centerline of the ball is 2 inches. I wouldn't use it without 3 inches of insertion. If you have 3.9 inches then you are really good to go.
    Did that sound dirty?
    I have 3.9" total depth, not ball depth, which would amount to 1.5" centerline of the ball. Its about 1/2" short of the recommended depth, so I assume 1.5" centerline of the ball.

1UP recommends 4.3" insertion depth, I have 3.9". I think I'm going to chain it to the loops on my hitch and just go for it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    You have it inserted only 2.5"? Or you mean the ball is 2.5" inside the hitch receiver?
    I used it just over that line when I first bought it and with no issues. , but that was minimum insert back then.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ...I have a class 1 hitch (1.25") on my car. There is a safety nub/tab inside the hitch ...

I had that on my Fiesta ST ... Hidden-Hitch brand I think ... drilled out the tab, schlopped some Rustolium on the bare metal and didn't look back.

There's not so much stress to worry about, same as the hole for the hitch pin.
    --------------

[WTB] 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Is anybody using the Rakattach with the 1UP? how do you like it? Thinking about getting it.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Westy View Post
    I had that on my Fiesta ST ... Hidden-Hitch brand I think ... drilled out the tab, schlopped some Rustolium on the bare metal and didn't look back.

There's not so much stress to worry about, same as the hole for the hitch pin.
    Yeah thats true. I'll see how far the hitch rack goes in as-is. I don't have access to a drill, but I could sand it down by hand using sand paper? More laborious, but probably still possible.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The tab is thick, it would take forever. I tried to bend mine out of the way when I first got it and just gave up. One of these days I'll drill it out like Westy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I just ordered a black single. No one else makes a single that goes on so easily, folds up, and can have 2 more trays added. I love my Saris 4 bike, but I wanted something for just me. Canít wait.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by curtlo-dork View Post
    I just ordered a black single. No one else makes a single that goes on so easily, folds up, and can have 2 more trays added. I love my Saris 4 bike, but I wanted something for just me. Canít wait.
    You will love it! I probably won't ever need a second tray, so its perfect for me.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Second year in for me. Iím not the I love it kinda guy. So it means something when Iím here saying itís a damn good rack.

I have a single black 2017 on my Outback and a 2015 (bought used) multi on my F150. All have been gr8

mtbr member
    May 2018
    The tab is thick, it would take forever. I tried to bend mine out of the way when I first got it and just gave up. One of these days I'll drill it out like Westy.
    In the meantime, on your Focus, you just slide it in as far as it will go and call it a day? I don't mind doing that, seeing as I'm only 0.5" short of 4.4" insertion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes for 2 1/2 years, you can see I'm not too worried about it. I'd be more concerned if I were putting 2 or 3 bikes on it but just 1 meh.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by biscut View Post
    Second year in for me. Iím not the I love it kinda guy. So it means something when Iím here saying itís a damn good rack.

I have a single black 2017 on my Outback and a 2015 (bought used) multi on my F150. All have been gr8
    I have a single and a double also. I wouldn't go without because they are one of the few things in life that just do what they are supposed to do.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well this finally motivated me to drill out the tab on the my draw tight hitch. Would have probably taken 5-10 mins but my 15 year old cordless drill doesn't hold a charge for crap so I started at 12 and finished a 8pm lol. That was in 3 sessions of about 3 mins before my drill would become worthless and I'd have to throw it back on the charger. Time for a new drill. If nothing else having the rack pushed closer in to the car I won't bang my shin on it as much.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Well this finally motivated me to drill out the tab on the my draw tight hitch. Would have probably taken 5-10 mins but my 15 year old cordless drill doesn't hold a charge for crap so I started at 12 and finished a 8pm lol. That was in 3 sessions of about 3 mins before my drill would become worthless and I'd have to throw it back on the charger. Time for a new drill. If nothing else having the rack pushed closer in to the car I won't bang my shin on it as much.
    Yeah, I'll have to check this out. My rack should be arriving this week. I'll see if I need to drill it out based on how it looks. Thanks for the advice though. I should be getting a new car next year, so I'm not terribly worried about it. Just need to make it work for a year.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 3 C R Kit 29er

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Got my Black Super Duty single a week ago, been busy. I walk out and see my car has a flat tire...I typically bring my bike when I leave a car at a shop so I can get home and back again. I think, GREAT! I can throw my cool new 1up on and go to the shop for a fix...only to open the box, marvel at the black hunk of aluminum in front of me. Rip open the yellow envelope...and find only 2 bolts. No wrenches to be found.

A call to 1up, and they sent me the Add on pack instead of the one with wrenches. So now I have to take the bike apart and fit it in my car one last time.

Man it drives me nuts when that happens. The receipt in the same box clearly says it's a single rack, not an add on...

But I'm not surprised at anything anymore. It's always something.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

4Runner 5th Gen + 2″ Super Duty Single

Specific Question for those with these two.

4Runner 5th Gen + 2″ Super Duty Single.

Is there enough clearance for the back trunk to be open without lowering the rack?
    I currently have the 1.25Ē Ė 2Ē Quik Rack Single but it goes in between the 4Runner 2" hitch and my Avalon 1.25" hitch.

My requirements for a 2nd hitch is that I don't want to have to lower the 1up rack to open my trunk. Thanks for any of you that have these two combos.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I got a few quick questions I hope you all can help with before ordering. I live in an apartment and mostly ride on my own. A big selling point for me is how this rack folds up off the car so that I can store it in the car or a closet. I'm looking to get the single quick rack with an add-on. Does the add-on really come on and off as quickly as it looks? Any reason not to get the quick rack over the super duty? I'll be getting a 2" hitch but only carrying bikes that weight 30lbs or less each.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I just bought a single a few weeks ago. It does come off and on easy. A few turns of the wrench, and it's done.

I got the superduty for one reason, the "real" 2" versus using an adapter. I'm not a fan of adapters. So I ponied up for the superduty that I most certainly wouldn't need otherwise. I put a 23 pound bike on it.

I would have much preferred a simple choice at checkout time to get the 1-1/4 or 2 for the regular rack and save a few bucks, and a few pounds.

But yes, the 2nd does go on that easy. Once you screw in the 2 bolts onto the starter unit, you just drop the 2nd rack on and tighten the screws with the same wrench.

The folding up of the 2 trays makes for a pretty compact package to carry to and from the car.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laekon View Post
    I got a few quick questions I hope you all can help with before ordering. I live in an apartment and mostly ride on my own. A big selling point for me is how this rack folds up off the car so that I can store it in the car or a closet. I'm looking to get the single quick rack with an add-on. Does the add-on really come on and off as quickly as it looks? Any reason not to get the quick rack over the super duty? I'll be getting a 2" hitch but only carrying bikes that weight 30lbs or less each.
    It does go on and comes off as quickly as it looks. Just loosen the two bolts using the same tool you use to secure the rack to the hitch, slide the add-on rack, and use that tool to tighten up the 2 bolts. All that can be done in less than a minute. For bike under 30 lbs. you don't need super duty. From a guy who has 2 bikes over 30 lbs. with a 1-1/4" regular duty version this is more than adequate and I've had that rack for over 4 years and logged literally tens of thousands of miles on it.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Just got my one up rack (I got the black one std single version).

Installed it on a 2012 Chrysler town n country. My Receiver hitch is recessed about 4 1/2 inches from the bumper. The rack fits perfectly. In the stowed position I have 1/4 in he clearance, and that is with more than the required amount the rack has to be in the hitch. I can open my tailgate with the hitch stowed. My bike with 770mm bars fits fine on rack....and when in the swing down position, plenty of room for open tailgate. Awesome.

Would post pics....but kind of a pita on phone....and I donít see how.
    Last edited by Skyking1231; 06-12-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Typo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Is anybody using the Rakattach with the 1UP? how do you like it? Thinking about getting it.

Thanks
    I am interested in the RAKATTACH as well. It appears to solve a couple of issues I have with current receiver rack. Not trying to sway the thread but I believe it is sold by 1-UP!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I have a 2" hitch, a quick rack and an add-on. The quick rack is fine, weighs less too. I take the add-on on and off frequently. Yes, it's easy.

Danger Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by Laekon View Post
    No worries at all with your setup. I have the regular single quick rack with add-on and regularly carry 2 30+ lb. bikes with no issues whatsoever. And like others have said it's a breeze to take the second rack on and off. Only issue I had was leaving the 2 connecting bolts on all winter they seized up because of all the salt (obviously my fault). I was able to get them off and clean them up and all is well again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I have a regular single and a super duty double. Unless you are driving gravel roads with two downhill bikes I would stick with the lighter regular. The extra weight of the super is just enough to make it awkward.

mtbr member
    I asked 1-Up about a 4 bike Heavy Duty vs a 4 bike Super Duty on a 4x4 with light off road use. They recommended the Heavy Duty if I was never going to go over the total max weight limit of the Heavy Duty. Off road use was not a deciding factor between the two racks.

mtbr member
    Iím getting ready to place an order for a 4 bike heavy duty.

For those that have the black rack, how has long term durability been? Iíll use the rack without the 2 bike add onís most of the time, so I assume the finish will age at different rates based on use?

Are the wheel locks worth purchasing? Did you purchase 1 wheel lock per tray or 2 per tray? How about the hitch lock and add on locks? From pictures that Iíve seen of the hitch and wheel locks, they do not look to be very secure and easily circumvented.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I have a black rack and I touch up the nicks and scratches with a black marker. The anodizing does fade at a different rate depending on the part. It's only a concern if you are very particular about that sort of thing. I personally wouldn't pay more for black.
    I didn't buy 1ups locks but did buy two trailer hitch locks at the hardware store. They were cheaper and better built. Just make sure you get ones that are long enough.
    When we are local I use the wheel locks but when we travel I also add a cable lock and sometimes a u-lock also. I don't like our bikes out of sight at all.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Iím getting ready to place an order for a 4 bike heavy duty.

For those that have the black rack, how has long term durability been? Iíll use the rack without the 2 bike add onís most of the time, so I assume the finish will age at different rates based on use?

Are the wheel locks worth purchasing? Did you purchase 1 wheel lock per tray or 2 per tray? How about the hitch lock and add on locks? From pictures that Iíve seen of the hitch and wheel locks, they do not look to be very secure and easily circumvented.
    Mine is not black so cannot answer those questions.

I bought 3 wheel locks, one for each trayóI have 3 trays. I rarely use them. In fact, I can only recall using them on long road trips so they may deter a thief long enough if I am inside gas station or place to eat.

If you are really concerned about theft then Iíd get 2 per tray as it will take longer to remove. I also have the cable but I have not used it.

I have the hitch lock and use it most of the time now, but I got it some time last year. Prior to that I used it without any locks at all for 2 years and never had an issue. I only got the locks because I see the racks everywhere now at trails and thought maybe there is an aftermarket now or maybe another rack owner may help themselves?

If you want peace of mind security then you can always use a U lock, hitch lock, cable lock, and wheel locks. But youíd be doing this with any brand rack that you bought, e.g., the locking system on my old Yakima roof rack was pretty much a joke. The best thing to prevent theft is to not leave the bikes unattended for very long.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    this i believe has been done by some already.... but i modified my racks. i bought some plastic knobs (knobs for lawnmower handles) and used them for the bolts that clamp down on tires. this way i can change to different sized wheels with no tools. (My daughters bike is 20"). i also switched to some 4 1/2 bolts. works great...i also use a rubber washer in between to knob and arm...absorbs the vibration.

and ditched the velcro safety strap...actually never used it. i ran a 1/8 wire cable loop around bottom bar on hitch....and then made an eyelet loop where i have a quick latch hook that hooks onto my hitch. easy...cost $10 (SS hook was $6), cable wire is inside a Polyurathane sheeeth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyking1231 View Post
    this i believe has been done by some already.... but i modified my racks. i bought some plastic knobs (knobs for lawnmower handles) and used them for the bolts that clamp down on tires. this way i can change to different sized wheels with no tools. (My daughters bike is 20"). i also switched to some 4 1/2 bolts. works great...i also use a rubber washer in between to knob and arm...absorbs the vibration.

and ditched the velcro safety strap...actually never used it. i ran a 1/8 wire cable loop around bottom bar on hitch....and then made an eyelet loop where i have a quick latch hook that hooks onto my hitch. easy...cost $10 (SS hook was $6), cable wire is inside a Polyurathane sheeeth.
    My son has a 20" bike and I would like to carry in the add-on adapter so I would love to see your setup for the quickly adjusting the bowties. Thanks.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    My son has a 20" bike and I would like to carry in the add-on adapter so I would love to see your setup for the quickly adjusting the bowties. Thanks.
    here is what i used or using at the moment. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you can sometimes find these at a local hardware store... I found one...had to order few more on ebay. these work with the existing bolt...BUT...i wanted a little more bolt sticking out...so went with a 4 1/2 inch rather than 4 inch. the knobs are thick enough that the extra bolt is still recessed into the knob. I am waiting on a T handle style knob that has a built in Nylock nut. will try those....but the current knobs seemed to be holding really well...not sure if the rubber washer is needed or not. the rubber washer is really just to keep the whole thing from coming loose when no bike installed....with bike there is enough pressure to keep things inplace...(at least the bolt and bowties). the bolt as you probably know is 5/16 -18...Ace hardware has smaller knobs...but the nut inside is recessed deeper inside the knob which will not work with a 4 inch bolt.

also locating a 4 1/2 bolt locallly was impossible...plenty of 4 inch and 5 inch...but no 4 1/2. i got SS ones on ebay 4 1/2. or you can get a 5 inch...and cut down to size.

Members who have read this thread: 459