1994 Accord with Spoiler- Mtbr.com

May 2008

1994 Accord with Spoiler

So I want to get out and ride my new GF Piranha but it barely fits in the backseat of my car and I'm afraid I'm gonna accidentally engage the brakes while I have the front wheel removed (they are hyrdos... that could be a pain in the ass). I would just buy a trunk bike rack, but I have a factory installed spoiler on my trunk. It is not large, but I think it will interfere with most bike racks.

Anyone else encounter this problem? I really don't want to fork over $400 for a nice roof rack, etc.

May The Force Be With You
    pull the wing off, it provides no added performance. Saris might have a trunk rack that might fit over the spoiler though if not, could could research a small trailer hitch rear rack.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

mtbr member
    Pulling a spoiler isnt usually a simple task if you want your car to look good. If its older you will have discolored paint, you will have holes in the trunk you cannot plug and have it look good, etc.

I think the Saris Bones will work over most factory spoilers, or maybe consider a hidden hitch type thing with a hitch carrier

EDR
    Saris Bones. Best trunk mount rack on the market bar-none. It fits over most spoilers but check their website for your specific application or try one out at the lbs. Hint: these can be often found MUCH cheaper online than at a lbs type store.

less is more

Photo Please

All my cars have spoilers except the Ferrari. Most bike racks mount so that they never interfere w/ the spoiler. However none of my spoilers are wings. Post photo of your car please.
    Finesse is everything.

Members who have read this thread: 0