A 10 year old on a 22hp bike that's faster than you:- Mtbr.com
    RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009

A 10 year old on a 22hp bike that's faster than you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6xrs7SOCc

Note at about 3:09 and again at about 4:07, the camera bike (ridden by the track record holder) spins up the rear tire trying to keep up.
    Last edited by RIS; 12-14-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I've had my airplane up to about 235 knots, so that 10 year old has a ways to go.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Here's another (shorter) one, a couple of months later, just after he turned 11:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkf_2m6MZ88

Notice at about :55 seconds in, he has to pick up his elbow to keep it off the ground.

mtbr member
    PeterL is the mini-man! Super fast, unfortunately his '09 season was cut short with an injury but look out in 2010!!

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    I am startled by his racing maturity- watching him patiently plotting passing solutions, and thinking far enough ahead to be able to make it stick. I mean, how many kids his age do you think you could trust with a 140 mph Grand Prix racing motorcycle on a race course populated by adults?

Injury video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZiH8...eature=related

mtbr member
    Its amazing just how many mini moto racers there is these days! There's a kid that I race with thats only 10 and competes with the best of us, looks like a mini-rossi!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    wow, gee, impressive,it's mostly the dad with the money to bankroll the whole thing.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioriderAaron
    Its amazing just how many mini moto racers there is these days! There's a kid that I race with thats only 10 and competes with the best of us, looks like a mini-rossi!
    That's not a mini. He's on a full-sized RS125 chassis. He's racing (and winning) against adults.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by herbn
    wow, gee, impressive,it's mostly the dad with the money to bankroll the whole thing.
    I'm not sure what you're point is. In motorcycle road racing, the rider is about 80% of the equation. If you're implying that this is some rich kid who is fast because his dad bought him a nice bike, you would not only be wrong, you would be communicating to the rest of us that you know very little of riding. Simply buying an expensive bike doesn't make you fast any more than buying you a paint brush makes you an artist.

The bike that he turned into a rectangle late last year (brake failure) was a clapped out 15 year old RS125 with bent forks, a scarred cylinder, and torched tires. They typically sell for a couple of hundred dollars in that condition.

This kid is faster on a 125cc bike than most people are on a 1000cc bike.

The expensive part is coming, but money is only one of several requirements of going fast.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    This is a child that has reached the expensive part:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=578497

But she has been marketed correctly, and is getting plenty of help in the form of sponsorship from Kawasaki motorcycles, Pirelli tires, Roadracing World, Lindemann Engineering suspension, GPR, Pridmore's STAR school, Hypercycle, Alpinestars, Arai helmet, Leovince exhaust, and many others.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIS
    That's not a mini. He's on a full-sized RS125 chassis. He's racing (and winning) against adults.
    Yes I know. I'm campaigning an RS125 in 2010. I was simply referring to him being a small kid, but he did come from mini roadracing.

And no his dad is not full of money, if you have watched his vids and looked at his website they NEED help from ppl so he can continue to develop into a future professional racer.

Blue Pig
    Cool... a motor bike in a bicycle forum... I guess anything with a motor would be faster then human power.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Yes I know. I'm campaigning an RS125 in 2010.
    Cool. What year is your bike? I heard that 2009 was the last year for the HRC RS125.

I was simply referring to him being a small kid, but he did come from mini roadracing.
    Yes, I know. My wife and I have served as race officials, and watched him starting out racing pocket bikes (2005). He was fast from the very start, and simply rode away from all the other kids. I remember pointing to him and telling my wife that this might be the next Rossi.

I was also an instructor when Elena Myers first showed up for her novice class on her 125.

And no his dad is not full of money, if you have watched his vids and looked at his website they NEED help from ppl so he can continue to develop into a future professional racer.
    This is true. His dad makes his money by the sweat of his brow, just like the rest of us.

I'm just messing with you
    Quote Originally Posted by RIS
    A 10 year old on a 22hp bike that's faster than you
    Do I get to choose the course?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    Do I get to choose the course?
    I suspect that his dad is going to put him back on a 125 when he's all healed up, and I also suspect that it's not going to be the dog that he was riding last year. A late-model "A" kit 125cc Grand Prix racing motorcycle has a top speed of about 145 mph or so.

And if that isn't enough, I suspect that this 8th grade girl would have you covered quite handily on her 170 mph middleweight bike:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=578497

Jan 2010
    haha. Funny video! You ever wonder what's going to happen with kids in 20 years from now with the technology we will have then?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=RIS]Cool. What year is your bike? I heard that 2009 was the last year for the HRC RS125.

Yes, I know. My wife and I have served as race officials, and watched him starting out racing pocket bikes (2005). He was fast from the very start, and simply rode away from all the other kids. I remember pointing to him and telling my wife that this might be the next Rossi.

I was also an instructor when Elena Myers first showed up for her novice class on her 125.

QUOTE]

Nice! Well I wish I could afford a "brand new" RS, but right now I'm planning on a '96 with some decent upgrades.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Well I wish I could afford a "brand new" RS, but right now I'm planning on a '96 with some decent upgrades.
    A '96 should be fast enough. I see that Rising Sun is sold out on the HRC RS125 anyway.

You got pics of your bike?

Members who have read this thread: 0