1.25" threaded hitch pin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

1.25" threaded hitch pin

Hey all,

I recently picked up at 1 1/4" T2 and love it. The only thing that troubles me is the hitch bolt. There is nothing to prevent it from wiggling out over time. Yes, I could just buy a locking pin and slide it in, but I like that it is threaded and doesn't wobble.

So my question is, is there some sort of pin for a 1.25" hitch, that threads in, but can also be locked preferably, or at the very least, it protrudes out the other end so you can put a clip on it or something.

THanks
    Matt

Tree Hugger
    I've only had my Thule for 5 months, but it's been on my car the entire time, and while I periodically check the hitch bolt due to concerns like yours, it has remained tight so far.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    what keeps every other bolt on your car? this is just another bolt on a car. make sure its tight and you are good to go.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    A nylock bolt, available at any hardware store, will give you the peace of mind you're looking for.

Az

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid56
    what keeps every other bolt on your car? this is just another bolt on a car. make sure its tight and you are good to go.
    Very true, just one of those things that would it happen, well, I think everyone knows how I would feel.

mtbr member
    Get a longer bolt, same grade to keep the strength, then drill a hole and put a cotter pin in, or get a locking threaded pin from Thule or any hitch store, or just use a lockwasher and keep it tight, check periodically if you leave it on for a while.

Members who have read this thread: 0