07+ Explorer Sport Trac- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

07+ Explorer Sport Trac

Does anyone here have an 07+ Explorer Sport Trac? I was thinking of getting one and wondering if anyone makes a good bed mount for them.

I currently have an 06 Fusion but I really want a truck again (and need the 4x4 for the road I live on in the winter). I will only buy a Ford Truck. F-150s are too big. Ranger is too old (and I had one before the Fusion).

I will most likely be looking at used 07s.

If you have pics of how you have a bike mounted to it that would help too.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I have seen a few sp tracs with rails on top of the factory bead covers that look like they work nice.
    There is also a cross bar kit available. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=productDetailBorder></TD><TD class=productDetailTitle colSpan=3>Accessory Details</TD><TD class=productDetailBorder></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD class=productDetailBorder></TD><TD class=productDetails></TD><TD class=productDetails><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=productDetailsImage vAlign=top width=200></IMG>

<FORM name=frmProductDetail><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=catalogQuantity>Quantity:</TD><TD class=inputQuantity><INPUT class=inputQuantity value=1 name=quantity></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>

</TD><TD width=10 rowSpan=2></TD><TD class=productDetails vAlign=top rowSpan=2>Cross Bars - O.E., 2 Pc set
    Part Number: 5L2Z-7855100-AAA

SRP: $100.00

This set of two elliptically shaped cross bars allows the mounting of select carriers with adapters for elliptical carriers. Easy to install.

Fits:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 border=0 cellpading="0"><TBODY><TR><TD class=fitMakeModel>Ford Sport Trac</TD><TD class=fitYear>2008</TD><TD class=fitYear>2007</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>put the fork mount on rear bar and let tire rest on bed cover if yours has one then the bike will be a little more out of the wind. </TD><TD class=productDetails></TD><TD class=productDetailBorder></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have one but use a hitch rack for it if the covers on. If not they ride in the bed upright with the tailgate down.

Good little truck but MPG is not that great. Around town 14-16mpg on the highway 20-28 mpg. Average Cty:15 hwy 2. I was close to this mileage in my HUGE Dodge MegaCab with Hemi, but the trac rides so much easier and fits in the garage if needed.

mtbr member
    I will get pictures off my PC when I get home.

My bike mount consists of a 2x4 and 2 Thule fork mounts. Total cost was $45.00.

It doesn't lock, but I don't need it to.

Permanent Noob
    I've got an '08 and love the options it gives. I have a Yak Forklift on the roof racks, I just mounted it with the "front" of the rack to the rear which allows me to stand in the bed to work the skewer. (easier IMO) Haven't tried a hitch mount yet, but since I'm looking at a second ride I guess I'm in the market.

XJ,

How's that Xport been working for you? Looks like it works well for just about anything.

Members who have read this thread: 0