Spectral the Leatherman in Canyon's lineup?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Spectral the Leatherman in Canyon's lineup?

Howdy folks,

Loooong time lurker here. Finally deciding to make the jump into dirt from a few years or road. Being a hands on guy, I have settled into Canyon for the solid value of their bikes.

I have landed into the Spectral as what appears to me to be the bike for my needs. I am going to mainly be riding "WI Singletrack" and unmanaged northern forest dirt roads with a pack on to hit the next fishing spot (mini bikepacking adventures). During the week I would be riding with our family on our local trails and neighborhoods.

I have no idea where my dirt desires are going to take me into the future. My only concern with the bike would be that I would loose a ton of pedaling efficiency over a lesser travel bike like say the Neuron.

What do you fine folks of the all knowing inter webs think of my thoughts on choosing the Spectral over the Neuron?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I own both the Spectral and the Lux. They are two very different bikes. If I was to replace the two bikes and go with only one, I would go for the Neuron.
    The Spectral is Ğa lot of bikeğ, and I feel that I need a descent or pretty tech’y terrain to really enjoy it to the full.
    The Neuron, being the in between bike compared to Lux and Spectral, will probably give you a better time on easy stuff and fire roads while still being able to cope with both technical terrain and steep descends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro