Spectral AL 6.0 2018 model or wait for 2019?- Mtbr.com
    Shopping
    Jul 2018

Spectral AL 6.0 2018 model or wait for 2019?

Iíve narrowed my search down to the Canyon Spectral 6.0 AL. Iím buying a size M and Canyon said the last of the 2018ís will arrive in August. However, do I wait and see what the 2019 offers? Canyon US customer service says they do not have 2019 spec details, but expect the 19ís in October.

Get a Ď18 or wait for the Ď19? Thoughts?

Not a role model
    Looked at the spec on the 6.0 and don't know what is being updated for '19.

The Rekon+ is already "EXO+". The Guide brakes are likely gen2 already. Doubt they'll do anything diff with the wheelset. The spec is already award winning.

Hoping for a different color? I dunno, I might like a Marzocchi Z1 instead of a Pike RC. I'd nitpick about the rear hub, but I might be spoiled by better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Unless you're in a hurry I'd wait...then compare the two.
    And with the arrival of the 2019...the 2018 might go on sale.

mtbr member
    I can't imagine a better build at that pricepoint. Different maybe, better unlikely. If you can find a medium I'd jump on it.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    some models of the 2018 are on sale already. thinking I'll get an al7 and change to 1X now for less than the al6. The frame is new this year so I wouldnt expect any massive updates next year, maybe some tweaks the spec.

Not a role model
    Lets see how fast the latest batch sells out. They're back in stock now. When it's selling out like this, they're more likely to increase the price, not decrease, to balance out the supply and demand.

IMO, tell them this is what you want by voting with your dollars. Once you get over the new bike stoke and further find ways to appreciate the ride, recommend this (if it's still in stock) or the '19 to your buddies and have no regrets.

Shopping
    Jul 2018
    Saw this and checked inventory. Went to get my CC and place the order..... by then the Medium was out of stock..... in minutes. Urghhh

Not a role model
    Just to put this out there, before anyone does anything rash... the worst thing you can do is complain to them about stock and not getting email alerts that you signed up for. Create headaches for them and they'll go with a convenient solution to minimize such rudeness (e.g. raise prices)... I suggest just monitoring the site for your size, and perhaps be a bit resourceful in doing so that makes it easy for you, that way you can pull the trigger in time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Am too is struggling with this decision. Canyon says some component changes and colors for 2019. Iím curious which components. Any updates?

Shopping
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by regnarts View Post
    Am too is struggling with this decision. Canyon says some component changes and colors for 2019. Iím curious which components. Any updates?
    Iíve sent multiple messages to Canyon asking about 2019 details and each replay they say that they donít have any details other than colors and components subject to change. Thatís what Iím wanting to know.
    Iíve since started contemplating a 2019 Giant Trance 2. My local LBS has some on order.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Maybe the 2019 models might have an updated chainstay. I've been wanting to get a spectral as well, but the cracking chainstay isn't something I'd wanna risk, let alone the time and stress of being without a bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck29 View Post
    Maybe the 2019 models might have an updated chainstay. I've been wanting to get a spectral as well, but the cracking chainstay isn't something I'd wanna risk, let alone the time and stress of being without a bike.
    First time I heard about this issue. Is this on all models? I was just thinking of getting the aluminum.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by regnarts View Post
    First time I heard about this issue. Is this on all models? I was just thinking of getting the aluminum.
    Hey, check out the spectral owners thread, especially the last post. It seems to be a common problem among the AL frames and CF frames are showing signs too.

Shopping
    Jul 2018
    Well, I ordered a 2019 Giant Trance 2 today from my LBS. So, that means that the Canyons will be available tomorrow...Ö
    I was really looking forward to the Canyon, but now I'm excited and looking forward to the new bike. Needed something to do between my BMX races.