Running dropper post cable - 2018 spectral- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Running dropper post cable - 2018 spectral

I have to replace the dropper post on my 2018 canyon cf8.0 (the rockshox post was too long - replacing with a oneup). Unfortunately I was not able to use the old cable to pull the new cable housing through the frame.

Now Iím struggling to get the new housing in. Any insight to getting this done with minimum pain?

Kiitos!

Monti

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Park tool internal routing kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgrocho
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by montizano View Post
    I have to replace the dropper post on my 2018 canyon cf8.0 (the rockshox post was too long - replacing with a oneup). Unfortunately I was not able to use the old cable to pull the new cable housing through the frame.

Now Iím struggling to get the new housing in. Any insight to getting this done with minimum pain?

Kiitos!

Monti
    Hi... did you solve this? I'm struggling with the same issue. -Thanks, Chuck

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I ended up running a cable down the seat tube and pulled it out the holes in the down tube just above the bottom bracket. I then attached the cable housing to the cable and pulled it through by pulling the cable back out the seat tube. It took a little finesse (I originally tried taping the cable to the housing but it came un-taped - ended up using a little glue). The park internal routing tool or something similar would have made it a bit easier.

-monti

cgrocho
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by montizano View Post
    I ended up running a cable down the seat tube and pulled it out the holes in the down tube just above the bottom bracket. I then attached the cable housing to the cable and pulled it through by pulling the cable back out the seat tube. It took a little finesse (I originally tried taping the cable to the housing but it came un-taped - ended up using a little glue). The park internal routing tool or something similar would have made it a bit easier.

-monti
    Thanks for the reply. I actually called Canyon about this and they confirmed that the method they use is to feed the housing from the seat tube, finding the already present internal cable guide by feel. I was able to do it, though it required patience. This also explains the mystery oblong hole on the side of the down tube, which can be used to direct the end of the housing through its exit hole.