Thread: New Exceed

mtbr member
    May 2018

New Exceed

So everyone knows a new Lux is about to be released, but is anyone aware of a new Exceed?

I’d pull the trigger on an exceed now, but I want boost wheels.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've heard the new Exceed will be released soon as well. Hopefully it will be announced with the press release for the new Lux. Alban Lakata, MvdP, and Pauline Prevot have been at a press camp where they are previewing the new bikes so I expect it'll be announced sometime this month. You can check out their social media accounts where they are posting veiled messages.

mtbr member
    Anything?
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IPA Rider View Post
    Anything?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI2qp8RNjNA
    not sure how reliable this is.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
    That looks like the current frame. When I stated I believed the new frame would be released in 2019 that means the 2020 model year.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
    Yeah, that looks like the current frame, but with new XTR and a Fox stepcast 34. Exactly the build I’d want on the new exceed. If the new lux is any indication however, it will probably come with a step cast 32 or some other 100 mm fork.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    So the canyon USA website has a few new builds listed, but the frame appears to be the same with the 142 rear. Some other threads here have said the new frame is boost, but nothing on their site validates this. As usual, the international site has more build options and the one that I would consider buying. Hopefully they’re still working on putting a few different builds together for us ‘mericans.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromos123 View Post
    So the canyon USA website has a few new builds listed, but the frame appears to be the same with the 142 rear. Some other threads here have said the new frame is boost, but nothing on their site validates this. As usual, the international site has more build options and the one that I would consider buying. Hopefully they’re still working on putting a few different builds together for us ‘mericans.
    This American is not buying a MTB frame with a 142 rear.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    This American just did, and at 225lbs suited up, the rear end (with carbon wheels) is plenty stiff and plenty good enough for me. Yes, I know the arguments and I know it is (since 2016) the standard. But, you can get a heck of a deal ($3300 CF 8.0 with carbon everything and X01) that will be just fine for the next 4-5 years and by then it will be another new standard anyway. Practically speaking, that's a winner and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    2016 Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race
    2009 Lefty-Equipped Titus Motolite

row
    mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtvet View Post
    This American just did, and at 225lbs suited up, the rear end (with carbon wheels) is plenty stiff and plenty good enough for me. Yes, I know the arguments and I know it is (since 2016) the standard. But, you can get a heck of a deal ($3300 CF 8.0 with carbon everything and X01) that will be just fine for the next 4-5 years and by then it will be another new standard anyway. Practically speaking, that's a winner and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    That's the 2018 model

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtvet View Post
    The maximum width tire for the 142 rear end is 2.25. That's another reason to stay away from the old Exceed. I would like the option to run a proper 2.35 size tire in the rear in the winter month when I'm not racing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm positive I could fit a Nic Nobby 2.35 back there. I have one on another bike for measurement. There is plenty of room now with a 2.2 Icon.
    2016 Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race
    2009 Lefty-Equipped Titus Motolite