Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

New Canyon Lux...2019

mtbr member
    Agreed, that is a pretty sweet looking race bike. It'll be interesting to see what the geometry is. Hopefully Canyon goes longer in the reach than they normally do.

Trail Ninja
    New Canyon Lux...2019-canyon_lux_cf_1.jpg

Cool terrain.
    We're all on the same ship, and it's sinking.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Great photo!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nice looking bike! I too am curious about the geometry. Hope it has been updated and that they stock with the step cast fork.

That bike can sure hold some big bottles. Doesn't even look like a particularly large frame.

Also, it that one of those tubolito lightweight tubes taped at the downtube/headtube junction?

chasing simplicity
    This bike now has some xc/marathon bragging rights, having not only stood up to the tech nature of Stellenbosch and brutal terrain of the Cape Epic, but taking 4th and 2nd places respectively. Can't wait for it to land and check it out. Hope it's this year!
    Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

chasing simplicity
    This was on Instagram today. New Lux.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    This was on Instagram today. New Lux.
    Mind was set on a Top Fuel hoping itíd be updated with the resurgence of interest in XC. The Ď19 Lux though may just be topping the list, especially with the pricing direct to consumer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Looks great!! Still in prototype stealth though so doesn't look like release time yet.
    Please bring this to the USA!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Pauline Ferrand Prevot had a little teaser about doing a shoot for Canyon on her IG feed. Shows her sitting on a tease of what looks like the new lux she has been riding. Could be shooting for any number of products but Annika Langvad did a similar teaser a few days before the '18 Spesh Epic dropped.
    I really need to make better use of my brain cells on a day off...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kriedel View Post
    Pauline Ferrand Prevot had a little teaser about doing a shoot for Canyon on her IG feed. Shows her sitting on a tease of what looks like the new lux she has been riding. Could be shooting for any number of products but Annika Langvad did a similar teaser a few days before the '18 Spesh Epic dropped.
    I really need to make better use of my brain cells on a day off...
    Donít have the Instagrams... can you tell in the teaser if itís still stealthed out or maybe weíre closer to something more official?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by zgxtreme View Post
    Donít have the Instagrams... can you tell in the teaser if itís still stealthed out or maybe weíre closer to something more official?
    You can only really see the bottom of downtube so nothing decisive. Her hands cover where there may be a logo on the headtube. Squinting I can see a bit of white on side of downtube as the camera moves that may be branding. Don't know what else it would be.
    New Canyon Lux...2019-screen-shot-2018-05-21-10.39.11-pm.png

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Canyon must have a huge number of the old Lux framesets waiting to be sold before they officially release this new bike. This new bike looks polished and ready.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    This bike looks great. I wonder if it will be available with the new XTR seeing as how that is not supposed to be available to the public until the fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
    Canyon must have a huge number of the old Lux framesets waiting to be sold before they officially release this new bike. This new bike looks polished and ready.
    Yes it does. While function trumps form, this looks to have both and is so minimalist and simple it looks amazing.

mtbr member
    If the 2019 Canyon Lux maintains the current price point they have a winner on their hands.

Would be intriguing to see closeout pricing on the 2018 version, if you could pick an 2018 model up at 20-30% off it would help Canyon shed current inventory fast. Once word starts to spread the 2019 could be delayed if 2018 inventory is too stagnant.

I would like to see Canyon maintain a 7.0 version using the SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with the grip shifters. Regardless, it is a good time to be in the market for a new bike with so many nice options to consider. Having a company like Canyon is the US market is a great thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kopavi View Post
    If the 2019 Canyon Lux maintains the current price point they have a winner on their hands.
    I was checking out the specs on the Ď18ís and thought the same thing. At those price points, itíd be a really difficult purchase to pass up for another brand.

Regardless, it is a good time to be in the market for a new bike with so many nice options to consider. Having a company like Canyon is the US market is a great thing.
    The resurgence of XC and the tech advances it is spurring are great. I had initially regretted picking up a ďtrailĒ bike in lieu of an ďXCĒ model back in Ď16 but Iím now glad I didnít given the models which have been released or are to come.

Letís hope that other companies feel compelled to adapt to Canyonís business model (such as Intense has) to allow is to pay less for the same while bypassing the bike shop overhead.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Old Lux (the one I currently ride) is great bike, and this one removes one thing I don't like with old one... no space for second bottle. With this one second bottle is possible making it perfect.
    But what I don't like, and what is, at least for me, definitely something make me not even look at it when changing current bike, is that I'm missing mounting point for front derailleur. Unless it would somehow fit on main pivot instead of current chainguard, I don't see new Lux would be 2x capable. And as I still strongly believe 1x is just marketing BS for anything else then XCO racing, bike that's 1x only is out of question for me. But it could be, it's just prototype thing, even though I doubt they will be making brand new frame molds once final version rolls out.
    Primoz

chasing simplicity
    More and more 1X-only xc bikes are the norm. To wit, new SC Blur, Yeti SB100 and Intense Sniper. But it's not just xc...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by primoz View Post
    Old Lux (the one I currently ride) is great bike, and this one removes one thing I don't like with old one... no space for second bottle. With this one second bottle is possible making it perfect.
    But what I don't like, and what is, at least for me, definitely something make me not even look at it when changing current bike, is that I'm missing mounting point for front derailleur. Unless it would somehow fit on main pivot instead of current chainguard, I don't see new Lux would be 2x capable. And as I still strongly believe 1x is just marketing BS for anything else then XCO racing, bike that's 1x only is out of question for me. But it could be, it's just prototype thing, even though I doubt they will be making brand new frame molds once final version rolls out.
    Hmm, nearly seven years in the market and use spreading to most flavors of bikes with most riders never going back once they switch to 1x...that's either a lot of gullible people succumbing to marketing BS or people find it fits what they need and want. The new XTR 12spd stamps Shimano's commitment to 1x in an innovative way (finally). Try it, you might like it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I wanted to be really excited about this bike, but was hoping for something with a bit more travel. Seems like there is a giant hole in canyon's line up between the 100mm XC bikes and the 140/150mm spectral. I don't want or particular need a 140mm trail bike and I don't want to have to have a separate XC race bike for the handful of endurance XC events I do each year. I could probably live with the 100mm frame travel if the bike was designed around a 120mm fork (pros could still run 100mm with a spacer). So in other words, sort of like the SB100, but without the Yeti tax.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tgarson View Post
    I wanted to be really excited about this bike, but was hoping for something with a bit more travel. Seems like there is a giant hole in canyon's line up between the 100mm XC bikes and the 140/150mm spectral. I don't want or particular need a 140mm trail bike and I don't want to have to have a separate XC race bike for the handful of endurance XC events I do each year. I could probably live with the 100mm frame travel if the bike was designed around a 120mm fork (pros could still run 100mm with a spacer). So in other words, sort of like the SB100, but without the Yeti tax.
    Like the Blur? That's an attractive new option in this category that I have my sights set on, but watching this new Canyon as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bizango View Post
    Hmm, nearly seven years in the market and use spreading to most flavors of bikes with most riders never going back once they switch to 1x...that's either a lot of gullible people succumbing to marketing BS or people find it fits what they need and want. The new XTR 12spd stamps Shimano's commitment to 1x in an innovative way (finally). Try it, you might like it!
    I don't think it's place for this, but still... Mtbr is already good place to see that people ride what industry PR tells them it's best for them I totally agree 1x is great for XCO race when you are sponsored athlete. For someone, who sometimes ends up his steep singletrails ride, some 30km of flat gravel road away from home, and who pays for his chain, cassette and chainrings replacement by himself, 1x is anything but ideal option. But let's end this here. I had enough km on 1x that I know it's not a system for me (if gear ratios of Eagle and now new XTR would still somehow do, maintenance costs certainly don't justify "I can concentrate on riding without having to think where to change gears" what seems to be most common reason for 1x), and I want to keep 2x as long as it will be possible. If that means picking different bike that will support 2x over bike that will be 1x only, I'm fine with it. I like my current Lux, but Canyon is not paying me, so I have no problem switching to some other brand. And if you prefer 1x, I'm perfectly fine with that. No need to worry what I think
    Primoz

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Like the Blur? That's an attractive new option in this category that I have my sights set on, but watching this new Canyon as well.
    I hadn't been thinking of the Blur or the Lux in the category of trail/XC hybrid bikes but I think the Blur falls more into that category than the Lux will. Hard to say since the Lux isn't out yet so I'm just going off the premise that the VPP on the Blur is probably more capable than the single pivot on the new Lux.

I know people throw 120 forks on Blurs to make them more the type of bike that I'm looking for and perhaps that's the way to go. Sure you could do the same on the new Lux but will have to wait and see how well it'd do in that role. The SB100 on the other hand is actively marketed as a trail / XC crossover bike. 'Marketed' is the key word there as I can't personally vouch for how much is marketing versus reality, but all the feedback I've heard has certainly said it's a lot more capable descender than other 100mm XC bikes. The frame is something like a pound heavier than the blur though so you'd better get some sort of benefit for that added weight.

The new Lux still looks like it'd be a killer bike for endurance XC with the 2 frame bottle cages so I guess the waiting game continues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Seems like there is a giant hole in canyon's line up between the 100mm XC bikes and the 140/150mm spectral. I don't want or particular need a 140mm trail bike and I don't want to have to have a separate XC race bike for the handful of endurance XC events I do each year. I could probably live with the 100mm frame travel if the bike was designed around a 120mm fork (pros could still run 100mm with a spacer). So in other words, sort of like the SB100, but without the Yeti tax.
    You and I have the same issue. However, Canyon is not missing a 120mm bike its just for sale in america. Its their neuron. That my friend is the bike I want. Let me order one here in the US and they can have all my cash for one!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Alban Lakata has an IG post showing a bunch of journalists riding new Canyon MTB's in Spain and mentions exciting stuff dropping soon... Looks like a new Exceed too?
    Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    So they've had the press camp. I wonder when the official unveiling will be? I've been looking for a new hardtail but Boost rear spacing is a requirement. Hopefully the new Lux and Exceed frames will have Boost spacing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Please Canyon release a 148 boost with more than 100mm - 120mm travel. TAKE MY MONEY.

mtbr member
    Looks like the 2018 7.0 version of the Lux is sold out on Canyon's non US website.
    https://www.canyon.com/en-no/mtb/lux...-pro-race.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Well, well, well, look what we have here! https://youtu.be/KV4TnxUlojo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michieltjeeh View Post
    Well, well, well, look what we have here! https://youtu.be/KV4TnxUlojo
    Hmm... going to be a long couple of days.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Canyon has dragged out this introduction for a long time considering this bike has been raced for 5 months or longer going back to the first World Cup of the year in South Africa.

mtbr member

New Canyon Lux...2019

Aesthetically Iím loving it already. Will be very interested to see comments on how it rides.

mtbr member
    Second video posted on Canyonís Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bka1MdzHTwc/

mtbr member
    That's a lot of fluids for a FS frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canyon_lux_cf_1.jpg 
Views:	11374 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	1187242

Cool terrain.

Formerly of Kent
    Any geometry speculation?

Any hints on a frame only option?

Price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Canyon always has a frame only option for their XC/MA models.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Santa Cruz Blur

I was waiting for the new Lux to drop before I pulled the trigger on an Epic, then was totally blind-sided by the Blur. Ended up picking one up the second they were available - I LOVE it, ultra-confident but not too much bike from the relatively tame trails of southeast Michigan.

Still excited to see what I passed on when they finally unveil this tomorrow though!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    A very friendly Canyon USA rep told me via phone just minutes ago that frame-only will be offered, and pricing along with geometry will be online tomorrow. Said she only had the training sheet and therefore did not want to give false info which I can totally appreciate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    A very friendly Canyon USA rep told me via phone just minutes ago that frame-only will be offered, and pricing along with geometry will be online tomorrow. Said she only had the training sheet and therefore did not want to give false info which I can totally appreciate.
    Good info, maybe weíll luck out and ďtomorrowĒ will be based on EU time. Iím curious to see if there was some symbolism with the second video, much like how Apple leaves ďEaster eggsĒ within their promos leading up to keynotes. The style it was designed almost suggested the possibility of custom ordering.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The 2018 Lux frame is approximately $2350 USD before shipping and/or tax. Hopefully the redesign didn't increase too much pricewise.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Wow, I knew what was coming. Yet I'm completely blown away. Bike already starts at Ä2599,-!

The lux CF SL 8.0 seems to be my go to option. It has the dropper, SID RLC fork and XO1 shifting, yet at a relatively affordable price. Weight is maybe a bit heavy though.

I'm not sure whether I'm a fan of the radical red colour, but the attack black on the other hand is very nice imo.

mtbr member

New Canyon Lux...2019

Last edited by zgxtreme; 06-26-2018 at 04:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Any geometry speculation?

Any hints on a frame only option?

Price?

$3,000 in US store with geometry matching the Exceed for those who swap between FS and HT.

chasing simplicity
    Every new model including frameset is marked Sold Out on the US site, which I suppose indicates availability first dibs goes to Europe first?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I don't want to knock this bike too much because I'm sure it's exactly what some were looking for, but it's not what I was hoping for. The build kits are pretty disappointing to me, gripshifts on all the SRAM specs really? That plus the narrow bars are a concern. The anti-squat being optimized for a 34-36t and it being 1x only add to that. The 1x part doesn't bother me, but for me out in Colorado and doing races at altitude like leadville I'm not going to be riding a 34t.

The CF SL 8.0 ($4300) isn't without it's appeal to me and I'm glad they offer a 110 fork option, but pretty close in weight to the 120/120 sniper trail builds. It's actually heavier than the sniper pro trail build, but granted the pro build is over a grand more.

I've never done a frame build before so maybe that'd be way to go to address most of my concerns other than the anti-squat, but still not feeling it overall.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Price is great but I was really hoping for something more progressive/trail-ish.

And the grip shifters? I just don't understand that decision. Maybe they got really great pricing on grip shifters because no one else buys them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Frame-only price not so consumer direct "cheap". Maybe makes complete bikes seem like a better deal?

mtbr member

New Canyon Lux...2019

I don't want to knock this bike too much because I'm sure it's exactly what some were looking for, but it's not what I was hoping for. The build kits are pretty disappointing to me, gripshifts on all the SRAM specs really? That plus the narrow bars are a concern. The anti-squat being optimized for a 34-36t and it being 1x only add to that. The 1x part doesn't bother me, but for me out in Colorado and doing races at altitude like leadville I'm not going to be riding a 34t.
    Iím not a fan of the Grip Shift but am already trying to convince myself ďhey you can just replace it with eTap later onĒ. Also thinking itíd balance out with a TwistLoc on the left side (which Iím amazed they didnít spec already). The only other gripe is that I love the Black Sea scheme and seems thatís gonna require a lot more pennies to be saved.

chasing simplicity
    Maybe we broke the site.

New Canyon Lux...2019-screen-shot-2018-06-26-7.55.07-am.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Will the Shimano migrate to the US? The 4600Euro XTR is pretty appealing.

https://www.canyon.com/en/mtb/lux/lu...race-team.html

New Canyon Lux...2019-canyon.xtr.jpg

or the XT (at $3500USD)
    https://www.canyon.com/en/mtb/lux/lu...-7-0-race.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

Name:	Canyon.XTR.jpg 
Views:	3128 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	1205249

or the XT (at $3500USD)
    Hadnít seen those, very interesting options should they make it stateside.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Boost 148 rear 110 front.
    Fall for US.

Formerly of Kent
    Disappointed in the geo. Oh well.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

Name:	Canyon.XTR.jpg 
Views:	3128 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	1205249

or the XT (at $3500USD)
    These build specs are way more appealing to me, especially with the Fox SC34. No idea why they wouldn't bring these to the US.

Geaux ride!
    These build specs are way more appealing to me, especially with the Fox SC34. No idea why they wouldn't bring these to the US.
    This is my dream build - any ideas how to get one stateside?
    2011 Jamis Dakar XCR Team
    2018 Spot Rocker SS

mtbr member
    Prices for the old model have dropped $300, $500 and $800 depending on he model. The lowest trim level is now $2,999 for both the new and old models. With all of the improvements to the newest version you would have thought the closeout prices would be even lower. Until they clear out the old inventory I don't expect the newer versions to be in stock.

It is a shame that Canyon opted not to bring the XT version to the US.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

It looks like it's basically a Top Fuel. Surprised Canyon was so conservative.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    What's the max rear tire size on the new Lux? I'm hoping that you could fit a 2.35 Ikon in the rear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    XRC 1250 ?? Some new wheels ?

chasing simplicity

See this? Unno Horn...Lux-like but w aggressive geo (67 hta, 418mm stays, etc)

https://www.unno.com/horn/

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    See this? Unno Horn...Lux-like but w aggressive geo (67 hta, 418mm stays, etc)

https://www.unno.com/horn/
    Itís a $4000+ VPP/DW frame.

Iíd say itís more Sniper-like.

Iím wondering when someone will make a high AS, 34t+ optimized, modified single pivot frame with a 68 degree HTA at 100mm.

The ASRc, Scalpel, Hei Hei, Oiz, Spark, etc., all have relatively low AS, at least compared to bikes like the Sniper and SB100. Granted, I prefer a bike that rides high in its travel and generally run 20% sag or less, so this helps a bit.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Iím wondering when someone will make a high AS, 34t+ optimized, modified single pivot frame with a 68 degree HTA at 100mm.

The ASRc, Scalpel, Hei Hei, Oiz, Spark, etc., all have relatively low AS, at least compared to bikes like the Sniper and SB100. Granted, I prefer a bike that rides high in its travel and generally run 20% sag or less, so this helps a bit.

Seems you can't find a suitable ASRc replacement. If someone made you pick a new frame tomorrow which would you "settle" for?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Does anyone know whether it is possible to modify the 110mm Fox 34 fork and convert it to 120? It's essentially the same fork as the Yeti SB100 which is setup at 120mm so I think it could be done. What's involved in converting it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I just saw the 2019 LUX CF SLX 9.0 RACE TEAM... spec'ed exactly the way I would build it anyway...
    ...ok, maybe not the grip shifter, but that's an easy change.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperSprite View Post
    I just saw the 2019 LUX CF SLX 9.0 RACE TEAM... spec'ed exactly the way I would build it anyway...
    Looks like the shifters are not the grip style:

SHIFTERS SHIMANO XTR, 12S
    New Canyon Lux...2019-shimano-xtr-m9000-11-speed-trigger-shifter-11-speed-rear-derailleurs.jpg_640x640.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Looks like the shifters are not the grip style:

SHIFTERS SHIMANO XTR, 12S

Name:	Shimano-XTR-M9000-11-Speed-Trigger-Shifter-11-Speed-Rear-Derailleurs.jpg_640x640.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	1205789
    Many Lux models are being spec with SRAM Gripshift, and the model in question does have GS.

mtbr member

New Canyon Lux...2019

Iím at the same point with the 9.0 PRO; exact components Iíd choose and perfect color combo as a bonus.

Iíd give the GripShift a go and pick up a TwistLoc for the left side to see how the setup feels.

When SDG releases a Tellis dropper in I-Beam thatíd be going on with a SDG Circuit saddle. Add ESI Chunkys, Xpedo pedals, and some Rekon Race or Aspens and Iíd have a bike I would be blessed with for years.

chasing simplicity
    ^+1(000)!

mtbr member
    I've run Gripshift on my race bike (and older trail bikes) for a long time. I actually find it a great fit for a race bike. I can switch between it and by trigger shifter trail bike without issue. One thing that makes it work better for me is to cut down the righthand grip so that the shifter+grip roughly match the width of the left grip. That way you don't have to move your hand to shift. I've never had a case of accidentally shifting, absolutely not an issue.

I get what people say about the 720mm bars, but for a race bike (which is what this is), that's what I'd run. I run 760mm on the trail bike. It'd cost them more, but they could scale the bar width with the frame size.

mtbr member
    I've run Gripshift on my race bike (and older trail bikes) for a long time. I actually find it a great fit for a race bike. I can switch between it and by trigger shifter trail bike without issue. One thing that makes it work better for me is to cut down the righthand grip so that the shifter+grip roughly match the width of the left grip. That way you don't have to move your hand to shift. I've never had a case of accidentally shifting, absolutely not an issue.

I get what people say about the 720mm bars, but for a race bike (which is what this is), that's what I'd run. I run 760mm on the trail bike. It'd cost them more, but they could scale the bar width with the frame size.
    Good to hear, and I can see all that being very valid. Itís certainly not an item I would rush to replace.

mtbr member

What about the 2019 Oiz? AS looks to be improved over 2018. HTA is 69 though.

New Canyon Lux...2019-large_4_889683.jpg

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Choro View Post
    What about the 2019 Oiz? AS looks to be improved over 2018. HTA is 69 though.

Name:	large_4_889683.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	1205915
    Yeah, the Oiz is definitely more to my liking.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Dude, drink the coolaid. Not going to be able to convince anyone that dumbing down...

Quote Originally Posted by primoz View Post
    Dude, drink the Kool-Aid. Not going to be able to convince masses that dumbing down their options is a bad thing vs the extra manufacturing cost of the option. They do what the industry program them to do - get to the top of a hill, have to click, click, click, click, smaller gear in back, vs 1 shift to get a reasonable downhill gearing range, duh. (Also, have to be smart enough to keep a front derailleur in adjustment....not to mention understand front chain-ring leverage....the minority, so you are out.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    @glovemtb, @primoz

Based on the BikeRadar review, Canyon designed the anti-squat around a 34t-38t chainring (losing 5% of efficiency with a 32t, which is what a S-works FS Epic comes with, how's that going to work with a 24t up front?) and not having a FD let them go wider with the bearings. Maybe that's all marketing, like "PF BBs are better" from years back but Canyon seem to have a narrow range of rider in mind for this bike and I for one am glad they were brave enough to build a no compromise race bike.

My guess is the real marketing ploy here is: If this bike doesn't fit your trail riding needs, Canyon will be happy to sell you another bike that does.

mtbr member
    I for one am glad they were brave enough to build a no compromise race bike.
    I am as well. My last race was on a Ď99 hardtail so the geo of those days is what I am accustomed to. This bike as is (9.0 PRO model) is about 95% how is spec a race bike as I return to the sport and at a great value.

mtbr member
    @glovemtb, @primoz

Based on the BikeRadar review, Canyon designed the anti-squat around a 34t-38t chainring (losing 5% of efficiency with a 32t, which is what a S-works FS Epic comes with, how's that going to work with a 24t up front?) and not having a FD let them go wider with the bearings. Maybe that's all marketing, like "PF BBs are better" from years back but Canyon seem to have a narrow range of rider in mind for this bike and I for one am glad they were brave enough to build a no compromise race bike.

My guess is the real marketing ploy here is: If this bike doesn't fit your trail riding needs, Canyon will be happy to sell you another bike that does.
    Love that it's optimized for larger chainrings. Appropriate for the intended crowd.

mtbr member
    Just a few comments about the gripshift. I have it in my exceed and was sure it was the first thin that was going to be replaced. I've had the bike for a year now and it's still there. I actually like it a lot. I use the bike for stage races and endurance xc racing and find that the extra movement to shift keeps my hand feeling good. As much as I love the exceed I will most likely be replacing it with a lux frame this winter as I just think a little rear suspension would be better. The gripshift will go on the new frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Really surprised how expensive the frame only option is. I don't like that they followed this bullshit industry trend of two tiers of carbon either...

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikzz View Post
    XRC 1250 ?? Some new wheels ?
    I'm interested in the 8.0 CF Race Team with the 1250 wheels but there's no info about them anywhere. So I've emailed Canyon tech support and what they've told me is that that they're essentially the same as the DTS 1200 wheels but use different spokes. So the same rim and XTR DTS 240 hub. They are an OE build only so you'll only see them on the Canyon bikes and this explains why they don't feature on the DTS website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Big nookie View Post
    I'm interested in the 8.0 CF Race Team with the 1250 wheels but there's no info about them anywhere. So I've emailed Canyon tech support and what they've told me is that that they're essentially the same as the DTS 1200 wheels but use different spokes. So the same rim and XTR DTS 240 hub. They are an OE build only so you'll only see them on the Canyon bikes and this explains why they don't feature on the DTS website.
    XTR DTS 240

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Hi, i will buy an Lux 8.0 and I have a doubts about the size.

My measures are (with shoes):

Height = 185 cm
    Weight = 88 kg
    Inseam Leg = 89 cm

M or L?. The Canyon sizing are more biggest than others bikes.

mtbr member
    Canyon has a fit system on their site. Put in your measurements and it should make a recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post

Height = 185 cm
    Weight = 88 kg
    Inseam Leg = 89 cm

mtbr member
    One step closer... got the Fuel EX sold to pay on debt. Once the debt is gone, got the green light for ďany bike you wantĒ so a Lux itíll be.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    (U.S. people) Don't get your hopes up. My friend in the UK, who already has an order in for the SLX 9.0 Pro Race said when he ordered his, the wait time was already set to January. He showed me from the UK site, current wait times on the SLX versions are already to March-June there (I did not ask about the SL versions).
    Hopefully they have an US allotment, if not this thing could be sold out before we're even able to buy it.

mtbr member
    That stinks. I expect there to be a good amount of demand for this bike.
    (U.S. people) Don't get your hopes up. My friend in the UK, who already has an order in for the SLX 9.0 Pro Race said when he ordered his, the wait time was already set to January. He showed me from the UK site, current wait times on the SLX versions are already to March-June there (I did not ask about the SL versions).
    Hopefully they have an US allotment, if not this thing could be sold out before we're even able to buy it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post

Height = 185 cm
    Weight = 88 kg
    Inseam Leg = 89 cm
    I guess it was same question on Pinkbike, but still... Definitely L. I'm 181 with 83cm inseam and Canyon suggested M. Luckily I went against that and went with L as M would be waaaay too small.
    PS: My Lux is old one, year 2016, not current model, so there might be some geometry change between these two models.
    Primoz

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I went to the Canyon Int'l site where you can add bikes to the shopping cart for purchase. When you do this for Lux 2019 models, each size shows a date range and most seem to be 2019 (from Jan - Mar).

Did they launch this bike WAY before it was actually ready for mass-production and shipping? If it is indeed a 5-6 month (or more delay) until shipping for Int'l buyers what does that mean for U.S.?

I can understand a 1 - 2 month delay (esp for a brick and mortar bike co) but it seems that an online direct to consumer bike co should be shipping sooner after the product launch so they can ride the buzz for awhile.

Bummed as I had heard rumors of US availability in Sept. Makes me wonder also if your purchase is basically a 100% deposit for a bike that you will get 6 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Choro View Post
    That stinks. I expect there to be a good amount of demand for this bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Nothing news... this is how canyon is. They had the same problem with the aeroad/ultimate and exceed in the beginning

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I ordered the top of the range XTR one July 25
    on the calendar thing it said it would be ready about March 3 2019.
    July 26 I got a mail that said "GOOD NEWS - We estimate it will leave the factory between August 13 and August 17 2018"

I am a bit sceptical, but my hope is that its the new XTR that delays the delivery.
    According to Shimano, the new XTR should be ready by the end of August..

"The first deliveries will be the end of August and the beginning of September. We will first provide kit for OEM bike and you will see this a lot at Eurobike. In terms of in stores, people will be able to buy this around the beginning of October time"

Interview: Henry Bosch, Shimano Europe Product Manager on the new XTR M9100 and M9120 | off-road.cc

If you have instagram today and search for the hashtag #canyonlux - you will see some people have gotten their SL models. I see no SLX models yet, despite I guess the SRAM version should be good to go if Canyon was good to go.

If you search for #shimanoxtr - it seems that no "civilian" has gone their XTR yet..

Hope my ramblings made some sense..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dersen View Post
    I ordered the top of the range XTR one July 25
    on the calendar thing it said it would be ready about March 3 2019.
    July 26 I got a mail that said "GOOD NEWS - We estimate it will leave the factory between August 13 and August 17 2018"

I am a bit sceptical, but my hope is that its the new XTR that delays the delivery.
    According to Shimano, the new XTR should be ready by the end of August..

"The first deliveries will be the end of August and the beginning of September. We will first provide kit for OEM bike and you will see this a lot at Eurobike. In terms of in stores, people will be able to buy this around the beginning of October time"

Interview: Henry Bosch, Shimano Europe Product Manager on the new XTR M9100 and M9120 | off-road.cc

If you have instagram today and search for the hashtag #canyonlux - you will see some people have gotten their SL models. I see no SLX models yet, despite I guess the SRAM version should be good to go if Canyon was good to go.

If you search for #shimanoxtr - it seems that no "civilian" has gone their XTR yet..

Hope my ramblings made some sense..
    Where are you located? Europe, U.S.?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Europe..

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Please report back when you get more info!

Quote Originally Posted by Dersen View Post
    Europe..

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm wondering about a PM for a 9.0 Pro Race. I'd like to go with a Stages PM, but they say they don't have anything for XX1 Eagle/DUB currently, but they do have the BB30 variant of Eagle XX1. What are my options? I'm not sure I understand all the ramifications of DUB, but I'm assuming I couldn't put a BB30 Stages crank arm on the DUB setup d/t spindle not fitting the crank arm. Would I basically would have to go with a whole different different Eagle crankset? And different BB?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastR View Post
    I'm wondering about a PM for a 9.0 Pro Race. I'd like to go with a Stages PM, but they say they don't have anything for XX1 Eagle/DUB currently, but they do have the BB30 variant of Eagle XX1. What are my options? I'm not sure I understand all the ramifications of DUB, but I'm assuming I couldn't put a BB30 Stages crank arm on the DUB setup d/t spindle not fitting the crank arm. Would I basically would have to go with a whole different different Eagle crankset? And different BB?
    Iím not looking at Stages but should you decide to explore other options, this is what Iím planning on using.

Quarq XX1 Eagle Dub
    https://www.quarq.com/product/sram-x...v3t56cwra8ugfg

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Go for quarq! Get the gxp version and just change the BB.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by king_dave72 View Post
    Please report back when you get more info!
    Got a e-mail today. New date last week of november..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast