New Canyon Lux...2019 - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dersen View Post
    I ordered the top of the range XTR one July 25
    on the calendar thing it said it would be ready about March 3 2019.
    July 26 I got a mail that said "GOOD NEWS - We estimate it will leave the factory between August 13 and August 17 2018"

I am a bit sceptical, but my hope is that its the new XTR that delays the delivery.
    According to Shimano, the new XTR should be ready by the end of August..

"The first deliveries will be the end of August and the beginning of September. We will first provide kit for OEM bike and you will see this a lot at Eurobike. In terms of in stores, people will be able to buy this around the beginning of October time"

Hope my ramblings made some sense..
    Have you heard anything more?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastR View Post
    Have you heard anything more?
    Not more than the new date Iíll get it is the last week of november

Edit: got new e-mail today - new date: last week of december..
    Just sold my Trek top fuel.
    I will be in bad shape when I get it..
    Last edited by Dersen; 09-25-2018 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Got new email today wirh new date

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Not more than the new date Iíll get it is the last week of november

Edit: got new e-mail today - new date: last week of december...
    Ugh! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully that "last week of the month" pattern doesn't continue into 2019...

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I will probably buy Lux 8.0 pro race, any toughts on the CF SL carbon frame, is there any other difference except weight vs SLX frame?

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Am I crazy, or did the price just jump up on all the models? Pretty sure the top model was originally listed at 6,500 and now is showing 7,500.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromos123 View Post
    Am I crazy, or did the price just jump up on all the models? Pretty sure the top model was originally listed at 6,500 and now is showing 7,500.
    Crap. I was interested at 6500. At 7500, not so much.

I've lost track of all the tariff talk. Maybe tariffs on Euro goods?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromos123 View Post
    Yep - the prise has gone up - according to my calculations about 10%

I payed 46 399 NOK (plus 25% VAT) for my ęLUX CF SLX 9.0RT 19 L bkĽ

Now itís 50 199 NOK (plus 25% VAT)

mtbr member
    Dang. Now $7000 for the 9.0 Pro. Still a better purchase fiscally than competitors but loved the initial price point.

Aside from just getting it released stateside, Canyon needs to get more of the EU models here as well to cover the price range.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Got my Lux 7.0 SL Race a couple of weeks ago. Only have three rides on it so far... an issue with the rear shock so Iím waiting to have it serviced.
    First impression; it feels fast on the easier terrain!
    This being my #3 bike, I went for the most bang for the buck. The 7.0 is a lot of bike for the money and I added the 125mm Bikeyoke Revive dropper. Very happy with both bike and pricepoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    [QUOTE=howard78;13842944]

Sweet!

Does it come set up with or without tubes?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    [QUOTE=Dersen;13843939]
    Quote Originally Posted by howard78 View Post

Sweet!

Does it come set up with or without tubes?
    With tubes. Setting it up tubeless when the snow has come and gone...

chasing simplicity
    Canyon US just raised their prices...a lot. The Lux CF SLX 9.0 was listed at 6500 US, now 7500. Thatís a big bump. Other models between 500-1000 higher. And still not available.

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mtb/lux...-9-0-race-team
    Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    Canyon US just raised their prices...a lot. The Lux CF SLX 9.0 was listed at 6500 US, now 7500. Thatís a big bump. Other models between 500-1000 higher. And still not available.

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mtb/lux...-9-0-race-team
    This really stinks! A nice lady in customer service had this to say...
    "The first Lux shipment should arrive as early as the end of November. Unfortunately, our prices are subject to change at any time. Some price changes are out of our control, such as tariff increases.
    We apologize for any inconvenience."

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I got an email response for the lux frameset. Available January 9. No fork option available for purchase. Only the frame.
    2011 S works SS 29er
    2015 S Works Epic WC custom
    2018 Stache
    2013 Roubaix Pro Custom

Team RDC Cat 1

mtbr member
    This really stinks! A nice lady in customer service had this to say...
    "The first Lux shipment should arrive as early as the end of November. Unfortunately, our prices are subject to change at any time. Some price changes are out of our control, such as tariff increases.
    We apologize for any inconvenience."
    I got the same email. *sad face*

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Does the price rise for you even if you ordered the bike before this e-mail?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Does the price rise for you even if you ordered the bike before this e-mail?
    In my case it didnít. The prices changed a couple of weeks before mine shipped. Was charged the price at the time I placed my order (of course).

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    While the geometry isn't really what I'm after, it's a bit surprising the lower grade carbon frame of the CF SL 6.0 Pro (https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mtb/lux...l-6-0-pro-race) can be sold as complete bike for same price as the frame-only SLX https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mtb/lux...f-slx-frameset

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Its not the first time! Canyon doing this all the time!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Totally agree..
    Those grams sure donít come cheap 😢

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    They have XL size of the LUX CF SLX 9.0 PRO RACE in stock on the US site, no other lux models yet. A few of the exceed models are in stock too
    2011 S works SS 29er
    2018 Stache
    2013 Roubaix Pro Custom

Team RDC Cat 1

chasing simplicity
    The lowest end model LUX CF SL 6.0 PRO RACE is available in M and L now. Looks like they are slowly trickling in. Still bummed at the price bump on the upper end.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    The lowest end model LUX CF SL 6.0 PRO RACE is available in M and L now. Looks like they are slowly trickling in. Still bummed at the price bump on the upper end.
    What are the chances that prices drop if/when tariffs are lifted? I'm not optimistic...

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Have risen in Norway as well

chasing simplicity
    Not optimistic either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    There seems to be a lack of reviews/threads on this bike and it's been out for a few months. Can anyone provide ride input? Thinking about this vs an Epic. Thanks,

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

New Canyon Lux...2019

Have you seen these reviews by Guy Kestevan? I felt like he covered a lot of helpful info. I too wish there was a bit more info out there...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7x8q8ssG88
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTE2gr7fSUo
    Last edited by ToastR; 01-05-2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
    There seems to be a lack of reviews/threads on this bike and it's been out for a few months. Can anyone provide ride input? Thinking about this vs an Epic. Thanks,
    I got tired of waiting. I bought a 2019 s works epic frame.
    2011 S works SS 29er
    2018 Stache
    2013 Roubaix Pro Custom

Team RDC Cat 1

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Have you seen these reviews by Guy Kestevan? I felt like he covered a lot of helpful info. I too wish there was a bit more info out there...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7x8q8ssG88
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTE2gr7fSUo
    Thanks I have seen those vids. But those are from 6 months ago. I would have thought there would be more chatter on these forums with peoples ride reviews since the release. Especially since they are now shipping in the states. Hopefully it's not the case of if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it concerning the new Lux.

Quote Originally Posted by JMCCRNA View Post
    I got tired of waiting. I bought a 2019 s works epic frame.

This is what I may do. I'd love to build up a new S-Works with the new XTR. Would love to have a silent bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

New Canyon Lux...2019

I have my brand new Lux tucked away... waiting for the when the snow clears in April...
    But canít wait to ride it again, as mentioned earlier in this thread I only got three short rides on it before winter set in.
    First impression was FAST! This being my first xc machine (Iíve only had and still have dh-bikes, all mountain trail bikes and rigid ss) it will need some getting used to. Allready have a 760mm handlebar ready to replace the stock 720mm, I think that will help a lot.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The 2019 Lux has only just recently become available to purchase in the U.S. and that's only in one model (base model, I believe) despite launching several months ago. The bikes were available in Europe however.

mtbr member
    Wow just stumbled on the Lux CF 8.0 pro race and it looks great. I am looking to upgrade my 2016 Trek Top fuel 9.8 and was looking at the Intense Sniper or a the new Trek. Wanted to stay XC 100 F/R.

The new Trek seems overpriced, a bit heavy and steep geometry with no dropper for $5500

The Sniper XC has been getting great review, light bike with Dropper and decent specs, various different spec levels from $4K-$6500

However this bike seems to check all the boxes for me as I am prefer grip shift and think the 110 Fork and dropper are a great call and added bonus. The only thing I don't like is the SRAM brakes as I prefer Shimano. Carbon wheels would probably get this down to 23lbs.

Knowing nothing about Canyon how is the warranty and bike assembly process? Saw some negative stuff online about cables not cut to correct sizing etc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Echoing some of the earlier comments about the price increases, that officially kills off my interest. If I do get a new bike in this category right now, it will be an Orbea Oiz instead.

mtbr member
    Both look like good bikes, able to hold two bottles and similar travel. Nice specs with decent tires on both. I don't think you could go wrong with either!

Canyon SL 8.0 Pro Race bike - pretty light, Aluminum Wheels -DT Swiss, rock shox suspension 110 front and nice mix of SRAM Eagle drivetrain with decent dropper for $5000

Orbea TR 19 - pretty light, aluminum wheels (mavic), Fox suspension with Kashima fork, nice mix of SRAM Eagle drivetrain with decent dropper, Shimano brakes for $5399

Quote Originally Posted by tgarson View Post
    Echoing some of the earlier comments about the price increases, that officially kills off my interest. If I do get a new bike in this category right now, it will be an Orbea Oiz instead.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Agreed, and my comment is a little out of context. My preference isn't purely price-based, rather I prefer the slightly more progressive trail oriented geometry and spec available on the M10-TR Oiz. Specifically the 120 front and rear on the Fox 34SC and DPS shock, and I know it's personal preference but I don't want grip shift. If the price was right, I could be tempted towards something more purely XC orientated like the Lux but the prices are close enough now that my preference for the Oiz spec edges it out.

mtbr member
    I think you can't go wrong. I have Fox suspension and dropper - all Kashima on my Intense Primer and really like it. Also have rock shox on another bike and like that too.

I'm trying to upgrade an older 100mm XC bike so the Canyon with the 110 fork, dropper and Eagle is tempting. I'm a Grip Shift die hard (not many of us left) so that was a little added bonus.

Pinkbike gave the Orbea a great review.

Quote Originally Posted by tgarson View Post
    Agreed, and my comment is a little out of context. My preference isn't purely price-based, rather I prefer the slightly more progressive trail oriented geometry and spec available on the M10-TR Oiz. Specifically the 120 front and rear on the Fox 34SC and DPS shock, and I know it's personal preference but I don't want grip shift. If the price was right, I could be tempted towards something more purely XC orientated like the Lux but the prices are close enough now that my preference for the Oiz spec edges it out.

mtbr member
    Was randomly browsing the Lux again last night as I've been looking for a new race bike for my wife. Was about to pull the trigger on an Epic as these have been sold out in small for ages but I was curious to look again and suddenly I saw a small SLX 7.0 available for a mid Feb delivery.

I can only assume someone had pulled out. Quickly paid for it and it looks like it was the last one. Keen to get our hands on it!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    How is the bike? I read a review saying that the housing lines were pretty long and not cut to size. Overall thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by slider_phil View Post
    Was randomly browsing the Lux again last night as I've been looking for a new race bike for my wife. Was about to pull the trigger on an Epic as these have been sold out in small for ages but I was curious to look again and suddenly I saw a small SLX 7.0 available for a mid Feb delivery.

I can only assume someone had pulled out. Quickly paid for it and it looks like it was the last one. Keen to get our hands on it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by king_dave72 View Post
    How is the bike? I read a review saying that the housing lines were pretty long and not cut to size. Overall thoughts?
    It rocked up last week and I built it up for my wife. Changed a few things (stem, bars, saddle, tyres) with a few more changes to come in time.

As you can see, cables are a touch long but not overly so. Overall build quality is excellent. For a base model build it comes out to 11.7kg with XT trail pedals. A few easy ways to loose weight but the plan is for my wife to race it a few times to get used to it before we make too many changes.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the reply! Looks like a sweet bike! What size tire are you using on the rear and how much chain stay clearance is there?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Hopefully it's not the case of if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it concerning the new Lux.
    Usually it is the opposite on the internet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12