Neuron sizing -- Anyone 6'2" on a XL?- Mtbr.com
    Tá mé ar meisce.

Neuron sizing -- Anyone 6'2" on a XL?

I feel like Canyon is recommending a bike that is to small. I am 6'2" (190cm) 90cm inseam, and it puts me on a L for a Neuron. It seems to me I should be on a XL.

Anyone in my height range have input. What did you choose and did it work ok?

Thanks
    Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live. --Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan View Post
    I feel like Canyon is recommending a bike that is to small. I am 6'2" (190cm) 90cm inseam, and it puts me on a L for a Neuron. It seems to me I should be on a XL.

Anyone in my height range have input. What did you choose and did it work ok?

Thanks
    The problem with the Neuron is that the seat tube is too long for the 150mm dropper. Canyon's size recommendation will be too small for most people. But if you size up to the proper frame size, you may not be able to lower the seatpost enough for you to fit on the bike. For the extra large the minimum distance from the center of the BB to the top of the seat is 744mm according to Canyon. You should measure this distance on your current bike to determine if you can actually fit. If you can't the only option is to get a shorter dropper post.
    2020 Canyon Neuron 9.0 LTD
    2015 KHS Sixfifty Team
    2019 Salsa Warbird
    2019 Canyon Endurace
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    These are the bikes in my family:
    XL Strive (mine)
    L Strive (big son)
    M Neuron (small son)

The Neuron seems to run about a 1/2 size bigger than every other bike. I'm also 6'2", and the medium Neuron isn't that bad of a fit for me. It feels pretty close to the large Strive. The large Neuron may be the right choice.

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    The problem with the Neuron is that the seat tube is too long for the 150mm dropper. Canyon's size recommendation will be too small for most people. But if you size up to the proper frame size, you may not be able to lower the seatpost enough for you to fit on the bike. For the extra large the minimum distance from the center of the BB to the top of the seat is 744mm according to Canyon. You should measure this distance on your current bike to determine if you can actually fit. If you can't the only option is to get a shorter dropper post.
    I see the issue now. So if I don't use a dropper there is no issue at all. I want to try the dropper and it looks like I just squeak over the minimums. My current center of BB to top of saddle is 795mm. But with the current seat post, the minimum insertion and all that the Neuron will have the seat post 1mm higher than I have mine. I will probably not notice that but I would not have a whole lot of adjustment I suppose. I'm sure i could get a different post,

Tá mé ar meisce.
    So got my Neuron and finally got to put it together today. I am so glad I ordered the XL. The L would have been to small for sure. Right now I am not using the dropper because I have never used one and wanted a couple of rides to get used to the bike.

Trails tomorrow if it does not rain.

Neuron sizing -- Anyone 6'2" on a XL?-mvimg_20200604_172034.jpg