Canyon customer service- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2020

Canyon customer service

I have a big problem with the Canyon custormer service and i started searching online for information, I found this article on Pinkbike about a cracked Sender and how great the Canyon`s reply was. https://www.pinkbike.com/news/cracke...-repsonse.html
    The most interesting part was "somebody with an @pinkbike.com email address may get priority (and I hope this isn't the case)". I want to share the experience of someone with a different email address.
    Last year i had a minor crash on the road with my Canyon Torque. Realy important, on a road. not a dh track, not a drop, nothing on what the bike is built for, i just sliped on a road. Not a really good rider here. My crank arm bent like a twig. I contacted Canyon on 1 july, asking if i can buy another crank arm form them since i cant find the 165mm arm that was on the bike anywhere else. Also i said buy just because i wanted to speed things up and have a bike ready mid season. On 5th of september they answered,saying they can provide the crank arm , that it will be 89.99 euro and some payment options. Then they changed their minds and there was some emails excchanged and on 16 oct they concluded they will not send the crank arm and the discussion is over.
    I bought a new crank arm and hoped i never have to deal with them again. First mail was on 1 july and they "solved" it on 18 oct. Nothing more to say except i rode my old bike last year.
    This bring us to the current year.
    Remeber i barely rode the Torque. I had a play in the rear shock. Something to do with the rebound circuit. The more dampening , the bigger the noise it made.
    I sent an email with a video describing the issue on 30 march. No reply on that one so i made another warranty claim wich was answered on 18 may. During that time i sent the shock to a bike shop hoping they will fix it. The bike shop sent it back , saying it needs more then a service and its a warranty issue. In the meantime the answer from Canyon came on that 18 may email and i sent the shock to them. From the previous experience i was allready not looking forward to this one.
    They said the damper was opened and that the measure spring has been forgotten in the last service. The problem is the shock was never serviced since i didnt get to ride my bike last year
    It was opened because i sent it to the bike shop. So if any problems were with the shock it came like this when i bought the bike.
    Anyway the last mail came on 4 june saying they will send the shock back to me unprocessed.
    This year again i`m riding my old bike. I bought a new bike last year wich i didnt ride and also i couldnt sell my previous bike. Thank you Canyon
    in conclussion . this is how Canyon customer service deals with mere mortals.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    So you crashed your bike and get upset about having to find your own crankarm? Then you let a bike shop open your shock prior to putting in a warranty claim? I don't see where Canyon is in the wrong. Now I understand that there are other big brands that would have taken care of these things for you, but that is also why those bikes cost a whole lot more so really you are just paying up front for that service. If you are the type of person who needs a lot of hand holding from a bike company after purchase then you really should not buy a consumer direct bike. The whole business model of consumer direct bikes is minimizing a sales force, customer service etc in order to lower the cost of the bike. You should probably just get a Trek.
    2020 Canyon Neuron 9.0 LTD
    2015 KHS Sixfifty Team
    2019 Salsa Warbird
    2019 Canyon Endurace
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    So you crashed your bike and get upset about having to find your own crankarm? Then you let a bike shop open your shock prior to putting in a warranty claim? I don't see where Canyon is in the wrong. Now I understand that there are other big brands that would have taken care of these things for you, but that is also why those bikes cost a whole lot more so really you are just paying up front for that service. If you are the type of person who needs a lot of hand holding from a bike company after purchase then you really should not buy a consumer direct bike. The whole business model of consumer direct bikes is minimizing a sales force, customer service etc in order to lower the cost of the bike. You should probably just get a Trek.
    hmmm.. i guess you didnt realy read my post. i got upset about the fact they took months to answer and changing their minds in the process, regarding the crank arm
    also i sent the shock to an authorized bike shop because again they didnt answer
    look at the dates to understand the timeline

Occasionally engagedů
    Timely topic! In just the past two months have helped Canyon sell two bikes -- a gravel bike and a Spectral aluminum model. In my work circle, I'm seen as the bike expert and a couple of younger friends were in the market and I recommended Canyon bikes as a good deal. The one with the gravel bike is happily putting up the miles. But the friend who got the Spectral enjoyed it for 3 weeks when one of the seat tube mounted pivots had an issue. Canyon customer service was of no help so it's going back to them as a return. While I've never had a Canyon, the local XC hotshot was on a Lux for a year and liked it and the spec at a given price point for their bikes is hard to beat -- but the customer service issue is a serious problem.
    Canyon customer service-resized_20200607_125200.jpeg
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    the saddest thing is i recomended Canyon to alot of friends and family, i think i convinced at least 10 people to buy canyon bikes. from trail to enduro to xc

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I got my first Canyon (USA) this year and have had excellent customer service from them so far, including a frame warranty replacement.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Yes i have seen similar reports from the USA . they seem to have a better team over there or they are simply trying to win the market in the USA.
    But in Europe , now that this happened to me and i looked into it , they have a really bad rep

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    The take away is purchase from Canyon at own risk. Even if you are trying to do the right thing (not a free hand out) you are on your own. Not sure why you would attack him for sharing his experience. This is very useful for someone thinking about buying from Canyon to understand what they are getting into.