canyon bikes.............- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. canyon bikes.............

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/index.html?b=29

any one seen or know someone with one of these.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thats the one.
    This is the bike I found some time ago while searching for B52 clones. They have clone in their product range, still this one is better : 1.5, burlier).
    While they look good still are pricey (u can get nicolai for that money and I'am thinking personally about UFO ST

Tuck & roll...

nice

Looks good. No nothing about them.

Ami Schwein
    A nicolai frame maybe...thats the complete bike price.
    Wait until Spring Bandini

bi-winning
    Canyon bikes are sold in the euro market. don't see many - or even any personally - in north america
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by gruczniak
    While they look good still are pricey (u can get nicolai for that money and I'am thinking personally about UFO ST
    Pricey?
    That is the price of a complete bike.
    The frame with DHX-5 shock, headset and seat post clamp costs €1649. Show me Nicolai with comparable parts for €2699...

The Torque has got some favorable reviews in German mags, against bikes of US and German brands.

Dirt Displacer
    Canyon's are completely decent bikes, saw a lot of them while I was in Germany. Definitely not on the same level as say, Nicolai/Whyte/Votec, but more along the lines of Trek/Mongoose in terms of build quality and value.
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums
    Singletracks.com

REQUIRED FOR ADRENALINE!!
    They all come pretty nicely spec'd; the componentry on all of em ain't cheap. I would like to try one of em out... just to see.
    I'm always right. I thought I wasn't once, but I was wrong.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    Pricey?
    That is the price of a complete bike.
    The frame with DHX-5 shock, headset and seat post clamp costs 1649. Show me Nicolai with comparable parts for 2699...

The Torque has got some favorable reviews in German mags, against bikes of US and German brands.
    I did acctually. NICOLAI UFO ST [ 1.530,- EUR ] - Yes i was thinking about frame (there is a difference with shocks thou, but close enought for me).

Do not get me wrong i like this frame a lot. Still price is to close to my belowed UFO.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by gruczniak
    I did acctually. NICOLAI UFO ST [ 1.530,- EUR ] - Yes i was thinking about frame (there is a difference with shocks thou, but close enought for me).
    A LBS/Distributor manager said recently that he doubts he is going to to be selling a lot of frames. There are such good complete bikes being sold for so little money now.

Nicolai seems to be selling the cheapest complete UFO ST for 3999,- EUR. I guess you can beat that if you find some good deals or already have some components.

When I figure out a bike that I want, it usually is not possible to make it in an economically efficient way, either. What I am trying to say is, these companies that manage to sell lots of bikes without a big dealer network can produce awsome value for money IF the product is exactly what you want, or close enough.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Canyon bikes are sold in the euro market. don't see many - or even any personally - in north america
    Canyon can't afford to pay Specialized probably...

Members who have read this thread: 0