canyon bike- Mtbr.com

Thread: canyon bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

canyon bike

do you have any idea about canyon bikes ? It looks like a very descent and value for money brand . i am mainly intersted for Nerve xc 3.0 or 4.0 series ...
    any previous experience with this brand ?

local trails rider
    It seems to be a decent brand and value for money is great.

(It is a German mail-order brand and, as far as I know, mainly marketed in Europe.)

The main complaint that I have heard is that delivery times can be long, depending on which bike you want and when.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    yes indeed delivery might be a problem but only for specific sizes and bikes . Nerve xc series is not delaying more than 1-2 weeks . It is a German brand selling only through internet ... which help them to avoid retail costs and charges ( that is why prices are rather good ) .
    But the main problem is that i have only once seen such a bike in action ...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    alepou, you might want to see this thread

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=192882

a guy there keeps posting updates on his bike... maybe you can PM him on his impressions
    Last edited by crisillo; 07-04-2007 at 07:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    pretty much info there ... thnaks a lot for the help

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by alepou
    pretty much info there ... thnaks a lot for the help
    no prob

local trails rider
    The bikes are OK but obviously it may be hard to know if the bike will fit, without a test ride. There is a representative in my town so test rides are possible. Some like them and others pick another bike that they could test ride. The sizing calculator may help:
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/tools/pps.html

German magazines have tested many Canyon bikes and the Canyon bikes has quotes from Nerve tests too: http://www.canyon.com/_en/service/testreports.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm on a 06 Nerve ES9 which is more AM oriented (130mm front and back). Suspension quality is top. I came from a Blur which I ditched in favour of more travel and I never regretted it.
    Before the Blur, I had the Specialized Stumpjumper Expert (05) which was great as long as you didn't intend to climb the thing. Bob was absolutely horrible and no matter what setting I've choosen, I couldn't get one decent ride out of that bike.
    Being a 4bar design, too, I wasn't sure about the Canyon at the first time. I had the chance to test ride a used one and it felt great so I bought it.
    I had a problem with the RS Pearl at the beginning and had to send in the shock. They refounded me for the shipping and returned the Pearl within a week. They also made it clear, that they would grant me a two year warranty period on everything even if I'm not the original owner.

Greetings,
    Braumeister

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

size/bike fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister
    I'm on a 06 Nerve ES9 which is more AM oriented (130mm front and back). Suspension quality is top. I came from a Blur which I ditched in favour of more travel and I never regretted it.
    Before the Blur, I had the Specialized Stumpjumper Expert (05) which was great as long as you didn't intend to climb the thing. Bob was absolutely horrible and no matter what setting I've choosen, I couldn't get one decent ride out of that bike.
    Being a 4bar design, too, I wasn't sure about the Canyon at the first time. I had the chance to test ride a used one and it felt great so I bought it.
    I had a problem with the RS Pearl at the beginning and had to send in the shock. They refounded me for the shipping and returned the Pearl within a week. They also made it clear, that they would grant me a two year warranty period on everything even if I'm not the original owner.

Greetings,
    Braumeister
    did you have any unpleasant surpise with the size or the fitting guide they use is accurate ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Their online fitting guide seems to be perfect. Why don't you just call them if your in doubt? Their phone service is very good.

Greetings,
    Braumeister

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    yes if i face any problem i will do .
    thanks a lot Braumeister .

regards,
    Alepou

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Does anybody own a Canyon Nerve CF or AL 29 (2013 models) in size small or medium? I'm trying to find out how the standover height compares to other bikes as obviously it's impossible to sit on one before actually buying it and all the manufacturer geometry charts seem to be inconsistent!

thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo124 View Post
    Does anybody own a Canyon Nerve CF or AL 29 (2013 models) in size small or medium? I'm trying to find out how the standover height compares to other bikes as obviously it's impossible to sit on one before actually buying it and all the manufacturer geometry charts seem to be inconsistent!

thanks
    Since they are direct, their customer service group would be a good resource for help in getting the right fit. They respond quickly to emails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    They seem to be nice bikes and good on the customer service front. I'd go for it if its what you want.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    hy,

i have the Canyon Strive 2011 and my friend the Canyon Nerve AM 2010.

canyon is one of the top brands in Europe designet in Germany.

https://pic-hoster.net/upload/43296/046.JPG

and 2. :

Greetings from beautiful Austria
    Last edited by MaXXimus; 01-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0