Canyon 2020- Mtbr.com

Thread: Canyon 2020

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Canyon 2020

When can we expect updated 2020 Exceed and the Lux?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Isn’t Aug/Sep the usual release schedule? I’m hoping they’ll have an Exceed with Eagle AXS

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I hope so, their EU MTB sale is ending tomorrow, probably new models will be online soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I asked Canyon about the 2020 dude and they told me December/Jan for that bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I hope the delay is because they are moving to 1x12 Shimano. From what I've read, it is the only way to go.
    "All the new 12-speed cassettes have Hyperglide Plus, Shimano’s next level of shifting performance, and it’s amazing. Like, unimaginably good. The harder you’re pedaling the better it wants to shift. It’s ridiculous." "Once you realize how much your shifting changes, being able to shift under full power, you will never go (SRAM) back!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFfUsJANzcM

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I don't particularly care about Shimano vs sram. Shifting works fine for me although most of my roadie group swear by electric shifting.

I just want a fun bike. Sell me the Dude trail, canyon!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I not a Shimano or Sram fanboy. My Current mt bike is Sram and Road bike is Shimano. I go with whats best at the time I'm buying a new bike. I bike in the Kettles of WI so constant ups and downs. The ability to shift on climbs that kick up halfway through under full power is a game changer.

Some good quotes from this article,
    https://www.bikemag.com/gear/compone...-speed-groups/

"After swinging and missing with some wack and delayed rebuttals, Shimano finally ratcheted up, came onstage and absolutely murdered the scene with MC FREEZA and that HG Plus game before dropping the mic and walking back offstage—leaving SRAM stumbling on its acronyms."

"Have you shifted Di2? Smooth right? Accurate as hell, yeah? Well, Di2 has nothing on Hyperglide Plus."

mtbr member
    May 2018
    2020 Spectrals just released, not much changed other than colour updates and updated components.

Biggest change is price, its gone up by $500 AUD! how is it possible with such minor updates not even upgrades.

Quite disappointing really

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Looks like the 2020 dudes are up. The US canyon site still lists just a 2018 dude ultimate, but if you look at their en-ae or other sites, you'll see a 'new' moniker on the dude.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ae/mountai...ahmengroesse=S

I can't tell any differences except the price is up about $500 on each model.

Is it common for canyon to increase prices so much at the beginning of the year?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    In $AUD some models like the CF9.0 they've gone up by $1000! Sure it gets a Pike Ultimate which is cool, but that's only about a $300 increase in spec, the rest can't be accounted for. Add in the fact they won't allow any customisation (even when its a desired downgrade, I don't want garbage SRAM brakes or dropper posts), and they've lost extra appeal for me this year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    2020 Exceeds and Lux are on the page, just had quick look and I'm quite disappointed. They've bumped up prices and lower them components. Way to go Canyon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I was really interested in getting a dude trail 8.0, but these prices have made it easy for me. I'll get a trek farley and next year i'll pick up a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    2020 Lux CF SLX is now showing.
    Does anyone know if the frame is identical to the 2019 model?