2021 Neuron- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2021 Neuron

mtbr member
    Aug 2020

2021 Neuron

I see that the 2021 Neuron has been announced and is actually showing in stock in GB...any idea on when it may be available in the US?

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Yeah same question here ... last year if I recall the models were announced in the US in late November, hope we don't have to wait that long this time, particularly given that everything is out of stock in US right now, would be surprised if Canyon USA wants zeros sales over the next three months.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Looks like there in stock now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    I think the discussion is for the Neuron in the United States, and it does not appear to be in stock here. For the rest of the world, yes you have it

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Canyon have launched an end of summer saleÖ In the USÖ Presumably to clear the remaining stock of 2020 bikes and make room for 2021s

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    They haven't had any in stock for months now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
    They haven't had any in stock for months now.
    They have incredibly limited stock on a few items...and it's killing me...I need a bike now if I want to catch the end of this season...and the 2021 bikes are in stock in Germany (1-5 day delivery times)....but won't even be announced here in the US for likely a couple more months...it's weird?

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy1974 View Post
    They have incredibly limited stock on a few items...and it's killing me...I need a bike now if I want to catch the end of this season...and the 2021 bikes are in stock in Germany (1-5 day delivery times)....but won't even be announced here in the US for likely a couple more months...it's weird?
    Apparently not expecting a US announcement until the new year...with springtime availability...

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Apparently not expecting a US announcement until the new year...with springtime availability...
    Did Canyon USA support tell you this on the phone? I called about a week ago and they were telling me they didn't know when the bikes would arrive in USA, this is very sad if true. Makes me wonder what the value of having the Canyon USA entity is if it seems we get treated as second class citizens. Why can't we just buy bikes from the global store?

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    I called today, and had a great chat with them...makes me really want to support the brand...but...if I was in Germany delivery is 1-5 days right now....

I was told that 'nothing official', but if it followed the pattern, it would likely be announced in the new year and available in the spring...considering that the current lineup only started delivering in the US in May...

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    I called today, and had a great chat with them...makes me really want to support the brand...but...if I was in Germany delivery is 1-5 days right now....

I was told that 'nothing official', but if it followed the pattern, it would likely be announced in the new year and available in the spring...considering that the current lineup only started delivering in the US in May...
    That doesn't sound quite right to me, I am quite certain that the current lineup was being delivered well before May as I was strongly considering order a Neuron in the early spring and they were in stock. My recollection is that the bikes showed up in the USA store in late November and were available to ship in something like January?

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by poikniok View Post
    That doesn't sound quite right to me, I am quite certain that the current lineup was being delivered well before May as I was strongly considering order a Neuron in the early spring and they were in stock. My recollection is that the bikes showed up in the USA store in late November and were available to ship in something like January?

That's certainly sounding more hopeful...

The 2021 build kits look pretty sweet...regardless, it looks like I'm sitting out the remainder of the season here...as the 1 remaining Neuron that looks to be in stock in the US right now is an XL....

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Yeah same the reason I didn't buy a 2020 Neuron is I really wanted a Shimano drivetrain / breaks, but in the end decided that 6.5k for the xtr build was just too much. Particularly frustrating as the 3.5k xt build is available in the rest of world, but Canyon for whatever reason doesn't bring it here. So now for one last final season I am waiting to see if a Shimano kitted bike shows up at a <4k price point here in the USA. If not I will just give up on Canyon and go elsewhere

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Yeah same the reason I didn't buy a 2020 Neuron is I really wanted a Shimano drivetrain / breaks, but in the end decided that 6.5k for the xtr build was just too much. Particularly frustrating as the 3.5k xt build is available in the rest of world, but Canyon for whatever reason doesn't bring it here. So now for one last final season I am waiting to see if a Shimano kitted bike shows up at a <4k price point here in the USA. If not I will just give up on Canyon and go elsewhere
    Exactly...I would order that XT build RIGHT NOW and finish the season on it....if I wait until next year, I can have pick of the litter...not saying that Canyon won't be considered...just not a slam dunk...

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Good news, the Neuron is now in the US store! Arriving late October / early November. Bad news, cheapest Shimano build is 6k

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Odd....2021 models aren't showing when I look? Do you have a link?

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    I am not sure if posting a link will work for me, but here is a new 2021 model:
    https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountai...rahmenfarbe=BK

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    I am not sure if posting a link will work for me, but here is a new 2021 model:
    https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountai...rahmenfarbe=BK
    That bike on the GB site is £5,499 so, $5,999 is pretty good and makes me pretty optimistic of what it could look like if they bring across the CF 9....too early to panic

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    I was on the Canyon site this morning looking over the new 2021 Neuronís. They're showing 11 Neuron models for the Mexican market but only 5 for the U.S. (at least at this point). Of course the configuration I was interested in is not available in the U.S. Itís really a shame Canyon have created such a bizarre business practice to limit distribution of specific configurations to certain markets. A primary business benefit of the direct to consumer model is immediate worldwide distribution for your entire product line.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    The Neuron CF 9 with an XT build kit and DT Swiss M1700 wheels is just rude @ $3349USD on the MX site...

Makes it real hard to pull the trigger on a competitor's SLX build at 50% more here in the US...even if the Neuron ends up costing 20-30% more when it lands in the US, it still drastically undercuts the market...

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    The Neuron CF 9 with an XT build kit and DT Swiss M1700 wheels is just rude @ $3349USD on the MX site...

Makes it real hard to pull the trigger on a competitor's SLX build at 50% more here in the US...even if the Neuron ends up costing 20-30% more when it lands in the US, it still drastically undercuts the market...
    I thought about that for a moment. But would there be any added taxes or tariff when you send it back to the U.S.? Also, would it void the warranty? The boarder is still closed for all non-essential traffic so right now I couldn't go down to Mexico to get it. Of course all this wouldn't be an issue if Canyon would simply offer their product portfolio worldwide.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFlick View Post
    I thought about that for a moment. But would there be any added taxes or tariff when you send it back to the U.S.? Also, would it void the warranty? The boarder is still closed for all non-essential traffic so right now I couldn't go down to Mexico to get it. Of course all this wouldn't be an issue if Canyon would simply offer their product portfolio worldwide.

There is a strong temptation to order to a friend's home and have them ship it up....but warranty and fit/exchange concerns make this unattractive as an option.

I will (im)patiently wait...but I find my eyes being drawn more towards other options, even though, this looks like it should be the king of 'bang for the buck' packaging...

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Spotted this note on the Canyon US site today...
    Orders received after Friday, 9/25 at 12:00pm PST will ship on Thursday, 10/1

I'm guessing that they will be down for inventory...I'm wondering if that means they will also be putting up the updated lineup on 10/1 (site is pretty sparse currently)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Is it possible to use 160mm brake disk in the rear with Canyon Neuron?

This would make my life so much easier when swapping wheels with my other bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    I would try reaching out to support at Canyon...they have been super friendly and helpful whenever I have chatted with them.

Side note: US Lineup appears to have been updated...and the US specs deviate a bit from the global spec... the US gets a 'Neuron CF 8' that appears to be a cross of the global CF 9 and CF9 SL (either CF9 SL with XT instead of X01 or CF 9 with Performance Elite fork and XMC1501 wheels)... that's an aggressive package for $4499... and the US CF 7 with GX kit, Pike Select and DT Swiss 1900 wheelset at $3299 should turn some heads as well...

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    I had guessed that the 2021 US Neuronís would eventually align with the rest of the world but it now appears thatís not going to be the case at all. The Neuron aluminum line is also really strange. The US gets a unique Neuron 5 model - which is known as a Neuron 6 in the rest of the world with the exception that the Neuron 5 has a SX drive train vs Deore (with an upgraded XT derailleur) on the Neuron 6 for the same price. I much prefer the Shimano Deore drive train over the SRAM SX.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    anybody have a large neuron with a 32inch inseam?

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rdu919rdu View Post
    anybody have a large neuron with a 32inch inseam?
    I do (the 2020 Neuron CF 9.0). Large fits well but the saddle post is slammed almost as much down as possible (5 mm of room). But all in all the Large size is definitely the right one.

mtbr member
    Thoughts on this bike for my wife who is a beginner. Riding will be slow, rocky rooty conditions with short up/downs. Debating this a Yt izzo or a TB4 as a wildcard. Since she won't let off the brakes and let if fly I think the TB4 may not come alive. She rode a Salsa Rustler and hated it. Although it is way more bike than any in consideration.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    My wife just received her 2021 Neuron CF6 Women's in XS today. This is a 27.5 bike. Great value for the spec. She's 5'2" on a good day. We have the dropper at bottom-out. Fit's well. Bike looks pretty sweet TBH.

Bike weight (w/o pedals): 28.8 lbs.

mtbr member

Just got er

I'm 68-69 tall with 32 inseam...they wanted me to go small I went med...the seatpost slammed just barely works out for me
    I can't imagine a smaller frame. Love the looks and the detail...

I cant ride bc of course got sick right after putting her 2021 Neuron-neuron-1.jpg2021 Neuron-neuron-2.jpgtogether and test POS for covid! Not getting political or anything but I have been riding forever and in decent shape was racing up to 18 months ago..it messes with your body and I would rather we at work doing overtime than this!

But at least I can look forward to getting on my new bike when I'm back 100%

mtbr member

Neuron Build

PS: I have a carbon bar and grey shorter stem coming to do a little personalization...

mtbr member
    Oct 2020

2021 Neuron

Quote Originally Posted by cale399 View Post
    I'm 68-69 tall with 32 inseam...they wanted me to go small I went med...the seatpost slammed just barely works out for me
    I can't imagine a smaller frame. Love the looks and the detail...

I cant ride bc of course got sick right after putting her Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neuron 1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	358.8 KB 
ID:	1376529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neuron 2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	354.9 KB 
ID:	1376531together and test POS for covid! Not getting political or anything but I have been riding forever and in decent shape was racing up to 18 months ago..it messes with your body and I would rather we at work doing overtime than this!

But at least I can look forward to getting on my new bike when I'm back 100%
    Do you mind telling me the tune code on your Rockshox shock? Thanks! Should be 4-5 digits etched in the body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2020

2021 Neuron

Hereís my neuron AL7. Have a 140mm Silver Pike ultimate fork on the way, and a toss up between a DPX2 or Super Deluxe Ultimate shock sometime next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by spaztwelve View Post
    My wife just received her 2021 Neuron CF6 Women's in XS today. This is a 27.5 bike. Great value for the spec. She's 5'2" on a good day. We have the dropper at bottom-out. Fit's well. Bike looks pretty sweet TBH.

Bike weight (w/o pedals): 28.8 lbs.
    Any chance you could post some pics of the bike? An XS Neuron is on my list of bikes I'm looking at. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm expecting my CF7 Friday. Went with the non forest color. I'm 5,9" with a 31 inseam and also went with a medium. Any idea on actual weight?
    Last edited by tailwaters; 1 Week Ago at 03:59 AM.

mtbr member
    No, like said covid kinda taken
    Me down...will be a few day b4 I ride and go tubeless and then weigh her

mtbr member
    sounds good. Hope your doing well and have a fast recovery

mtbr member
    My 2021 Neuron CF7 arrived yesterday. I went with the non forest color being they didn't offer black. Apparently a pretty hot color because they sold out of that color in size medium right away. Put it on the scale and it came in at 29lbs so was fairly happy with that. New wheels, carbon bars and breaks arrive Monday so my guess is with those changes and converting to tubeless it should end up about 27.5. Aside from the cheap dropper post it looks to be a pretty good build. Also ordered a shorter crankset due to the low bb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021 Neuron-pxl_20201114_030637154.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwaters View Post
    My 2021 Neuron CF7 arrived yesterday. I went with the non forest color being they didn't offer black. Apparently a pretty hot color because they sold out of that color in size medium right away. Put it on the scale and it came in at 29lbs so was fairly happy with that. New wheels, carbon bars and breaks arrive Monday so my guess is with those changes and converting to tubeless it should end up about 27.5. Aside from the cheap dropper post it looks to be a pretty good build. Also ordered a shorter crankset due to the low bb.
    Looks sharp. Can you confirm the minimum seat rail height with dropper fully extended and post all the way in? I think my wife needs a medium, but we may be flirting on dropper length less than full extension for her saddle height. I haven't really found a definitive measure to this.

THanks & Enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    Whoops, that last post was meant for the poster with the MED frame. Anyhow, anyone got a measurement? What length dropper does the M come with of the top of your head. I'll peek next time I'm over at their site.

Torn between this, a hardtail, the YT IZZO or possibly a Tallboy/Furtado for my wife. The latter being a budget stretch.

mtbr member
    When I get home I will measure that for you. I have a 31 inseam and figured I'd have to slam it all the was down but that was not the case. I think I ended up about 1.5 inches above the collar.

mtbr member
    So are you looking for a measurement from the floor to the saddle height with the the dropper slammed to the frame in its lowest position?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwaters View Post
    So are you looking for a measurement from the floor to the saddle height with the the dropper slammed to the frame in its lowest position?
    center of bb to rail clamp at full extension with the post all the way in. I guess if you run your post up 1" from bottomed in the fram you could just measure the height and subtract top of collar to the bottom of the seatpost collar.

Basically I want to check to see if she utilize the full dropper travel and still have some seat adjustment or if we're sinking the dropper to the bottom and using up some of it's travel to get proper seat height.

mtbr member
    From the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the frame top tube seat clamp is 17.75. From center of bb to the top of the collar on the seat tube at its lowest setting is 18.75.. from the center of the bb to the top of the saddle with the dropper post inserted all the way in is 27.5. That of course can change up or down with the brand of seat. Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else you need. Blowing and raining here in Michigan so I'm stuck inside tinkering on the bike.

mtbr member
    Perfect. Thanks. Ex-michigander here myself. Was eyeballing trails that way on trail forks. Much more options than when i lived there.

mtbr member
    I live in the southwest corner and we really have a great selection of trails to ride within an 1 1/2 drive

mtbr member
    for Ft. Custer.

mtbr member
    Can someone with a fox shock tell me what size is on their Neuron? My bike came with a rockshox and I'm simply not a fan. Would like to switch it out but Canyon has nothing listed on line about what the replacement would be in a fox. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Rear shock size is metric 210x50mm.

What do you dislike about RS rear shock? What model do you have?
    My Neuron came with fox suspension and I plan to change both to Rock Shox
    My choice for rear would be deluxe ultimate: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...bon-air-992698

Besides it's more than 2 times cheaper than fox that came with bike.

mtbr member
    Mine came with a rock shox deluxe select plus. Just got in my first ride on the bike and to be honest was pretty impressed with the shock and the fork ( rock shox pike). I've run fox for the past 15 years as I've had nothing but issues years ago with rock shox forks. But will say after the ride I think I will sit tight and ride the deluxe for a while. And maybe even upgrade to the ultimate. My big complaint with the shock is the fact they use a plastic lever on the lockout.. That was pretty disappointing.