2019 Canyon Cracked Chainstay- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2020

2019 Canyon Cracked Chainstay

So I've had my 2019 Spectral AL 6.0 since June 10th of 2019. Today I was just cleaning things and noticed the rear chain stay was cracked along the welds and a little further back.

I saw all the stuff about the 2018s being recalled for this and my bike has the EXACT same cracks from the pictures that I saw.

Has anyone heard or had experience with this on the 2019 models? My searching the internet hasn't gotten me anywhere, just that the 2018s had the recall.

I reached out to them today and hope they do well by me, have my first enduro race in 3 weeks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Canyon Cracked Chainstay-img_6407.jpg  

2019 Canyon Cracked Chainstay-img_6409.jpg  

2019 Canyon Cracked Chainstay-img_6408.jpg  

2019 Canyon Cracked Chainstay-img_6410.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Since I'm freaking out about getting this fixed by my race date I called Canyon customer service. I was told that although whom I was speaking with couldn't confirm anything and that the tech team would get back to me on it that he was confident they would exchange the rear triangle for me.

Ok, I'll try to have some patience now and wait to hear from them. I'll update as this progresses.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Hate to tell you that Canyon will string you along for months. They will in the end replace this since they have had so many manufacturer defects on this part. I hope you are working on a backup for your race. - Found a crack on mine last year (mind you this was during the time period where they were already voluntarily replacing them). Took 3mths over Thanksgiving and Christmas to get it. I thought it was just due to the holidays. Then I have had another issue and it even worst customer service. Then they act like its your fault and they are doing you a favor.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I decide last night to dump Canyon. So, I have a chain stay from my 2018 Spectral 9.0 pro available if you want to reach out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Sorry you have had to deal with this. I was curiously checking out the Canyon forum (bored I guess). I would not buy a bike for this much money mail order. What you save cutting out the middle man (LBS) is not worth it if you are one that has things go wrong. I'm pretty sure my LBS would loan me a demo if I had a cracked frame warranty issue, also pretty sure they could coordinate replacement parts as needed without me calling/emailing for months. Sorry but you get what you pay for.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Rear triangle No longer available - already sold it. Thanks guys

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Canyon replaced my chainstay from my 2019 Lux with no problem.

In 2 weeks I was riding again with my new chainstay

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2002J9G met Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Well tomorrow marks 5 business days since contacted them. I have a feeling these aluminum ones are a hot commodity unlike your carbon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-guy44 View Post
    Well tomorrow marks 5 business days since contacted them. I have a feeling these aluminum ones are a hot commodity unlike your carbon.
    Canyon is very responsive in the chat on their website.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2002J9G met Tapatalk