I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator

Will the Lefty ever have a removeable axle?

That would make it sooo much easier to transport my bike. Think Cannondale would ever consider it...so we don't ever have to fuss with the front disc caliper again???
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    there was a post a few weeks back, someone is coming out with a quick release lefty hub!!!
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

mtbr member
    Even with a removable axle, you would still have issues with the front brake, as the brake is mounted to the lower fork leg, and the disc is bolted to the hub.

Fixin' shocks Day & Night
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow
    Even with a removable axle, you would still have issues with the front brake, as the brake is mounted to the lower fork leg, and the disc is bolted to the hub.
    Yeah I have seen this played with at several euro bike shows and I have never seen one that did not need some tool requirement as well. The Brake issue is inescapable... I don't mind the few extra minutes it takes me. And that is only if I hitch a ride. If I drive I have the THULE T-2 and I love it! Best thing ever! It doesn't matter if it is a Lefty, a 20mm Thru axle, a BMX bike a Road Bike, They all Fit! http://www.thule.com/en/US/Products/...h/4776509.aspx

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    It'd be feasible with a 2 piece hub. One piece would carry the wheel and the other carry the bearings and rotor. The only problem is weight, strength, and durabilty

LA CHÈVRE
    It is possible and already done. One part has the bearings, rotor mount and the QR lever, the other part is the hub outer shell, slides on the inner part then the QR locks it there.

I think it's clever but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble and performance hit (it's bound to lose the excellent stiffness of bolted on Lefty hubs, it's heavier and it looks a bit un-trustworthy IMO).

Edit: found the original thread.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0