mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Where's all the hype about the RIZE????

Sure the prophet was ahead of it's time, still one of the class leaders and I love mine.

Designing the replacement for a bike as successfull as the prophet must have been a daunting task, and explains the time gap between them.

But just as I was about to jump ship for a trance xo, bedford comes through with the RIZE.

The prophet created a new category and so will this bike, which leads me to my question; where is all the RIZE HYPE????

mtbr member
    Yeah, they said "the fur will fly!
    Where's the fur?
    Show me the fur!!!!
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

USED2COULD
    maybe when the spring conditions take effect we will see a Rize marketing push. But do you needs the marketing hype to convince you its a great ride? Or are you just playing the Cannondale advocate like a lot of us tend to do from time to time?
    <Insert Quiver>

LA CH»VRE
    It's better for Cannondale and for consumers if the hype comes once the bikes are available in the stores...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    They do have a 2 page ad in MBA. Thats 2 months in a row. I can't remember them having more than 1 page.

ganginwood
    i'm wondering why we're not talking about the available 130 mm carbon lefty that's coming with these new bikes. i'd like one for my caffiene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    i'm wondering why we're not talking about the available 130 mm carbon lefty that's coming with these new bikes. i'd like one for my caffiene.
    Nobody has go a hold of one of those suckers and put it on their bike yet. I hope Cdale doesn't dick us make it different mounting or something so we can't just toss one on our bike and roll.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Well Iím hyper, but obviously they donít want to start the hype themselves just in case there is a major problem with the bike or if we are under the influence of the Devil (Beelzebub) and the bike may suck.

non-drama queen
    ..was pricing info released yet?

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Rize'z are shipping now....I'd bet you'll start seeing ride reports soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Beginning of may is what bedford said today on the carbon 1 and 2, but presold orders will ship first so maybe a few will filter out before then.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My local shop scored one. A Rize 4. It's an XL unfortunately so I can't buy it, but he's selling it for $1699. (JB Mountain Bikes in Reading, PA)

Cyclovore

Four bar FUBAR

This Rize looks good, kinda of like a Motolite, however the hype is more piviots, means more service, means more complicated, means less reliable. The Prophet and Heckler are the two best all mountain designs ever. Sometimes, less is more.
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kline
    This Rize looks good, kinda of like a Motolite, however the hype is more piviots, means more service, means more complicated, means less reliable. The Prophet and Heckler are the two best all mountain designs ever. Sometimes, less is more.
    So are unicycles better than bicycles because they only have one tire to pump up? Maintaining the pivots on a bike is not a difficult task.

Cyclovore

apples and oranges

Please, reliability, Yes. Wezz talking mountian bikes not circus performing equipment. Piviots are easy to maintain. With more piviots, more that can go wrong. Id rather keep two sets of berings than have to keep 6 to 8 different bearings.
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    the fork will be interchangeable onto any other headshok/lefty ready c-dale. our rep rolled in with one yesterday and it had a lefty fox rlc. so the headset/lefty fit seems to be the same.

Members who have read this thread: 0