mtbr member
    Apr 2008

New question here. Want to build a Jekyll from Jekyll 800 Frame

I just obtained a free Jekyll 800 front triangle and that's all I have but I want to build a bike out of it. I'm just getting into mountain biking crossing over from BMX and don't really know where to start. I dont know what year the frame is but its light and dark blue. I've found a 2003 jekyll swingarm on ebay. will that fit and if so what's next? Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I think the front triangle is a 2001 or 2002. I have a friend with a jekyll with the same paint job from that time period. I don't know a lot about the jekyll, but I don't think they changed the front triangle from 00(when the bike came out) to 03, plus Cannondale's swingarms are pretty interchangeable (look at the uber v - a jekyll swingarm with a super v front triangle) but maybe someone more knowledgeable could chime in? You could try checking out the bike archive on Cannondale's web site, and possibly www.vintagecannondale.com for more info. Also, you'll need a kinda special rear shock - the jekyll shock attached to the front triangle with a threaded collar, rather than the usual eye-to-eye configuration.

Members who have read this thread: 0