mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Tweaking a Lefty Max

I have a lefty max 140. Spring rate is fine for my weight, sag and dampening etc all set up the way I want it. I find that the fork ramps up a little to much howver and I would prefer a more linear feel. Is there anyway to adjust the progresion of the fork, changing oil weight??? I did read somewhere that this may be possible but can't find the thread anywhere.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bauchle
    I have a lefty max 140. Spring rate is fine for my weight, sag and dampening etc all set up the way I want it. I find that the fork ramps up a little to much howver and I would prefer a more linear feel. Is there anyway to adjust the progresion of the fork, changing oil weight??? I did read somewhere that this may be possible but can't find the thread anywhere.

What fork is it? TPC, FFD, SPV?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sorry , it's a TPC

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Progressivity is a function of the spring itself. There is no tuning you can do via oil viscosity, or valving that will have any impact really. You say sag is right, what spring are you running? Steel or Ti, Red, Blue, etc? TPC will allow you to tune the compression a bit for big hit type compression resistance, but it will not help with your issue. I'm thinking you can run the next spring rate down, and increase your preload a bit. Beyond that, it may be a lost cause. Usually folks complain about to little ramp up if anything, so this is a bit unusual.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Members who have read this thread: 0