mtbr member
    Mar 2005

suspension setup info

Just bought myself a Prophet 1000, and this is my first time on SPV. I'm looking for some good information (links, personal exp, whatever) on how this all works. I'd like to be really get a good feel for how everything is working so I can dial the front and rear in right. I don't think the shop I got my bike from gave me all the right manuals for the 1000, the lefty manual is from 2002, but I do have the swinger manual (kinda confusing, hence why I'm coming here). I don't exactly trust my shop to help me get everything set up right since they first took air out of the lefty because it was topping out or something, then when it was still stopping out, they put more air in. Now I'm up to 80psi and I weight only 155 (seemed kinda high from what I could find in the forums?). So, if anyone has any good links for how SPV works and how you would want to ideally set it up, I'd really appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I just checked and the only manuals they had given me where the generic cannondale bicycle owners manual and the swinger manual. I'm sure there should have been more... I did find the Prophet Susp set up guide on cannondales website, which is a much needed step in the right direction. Soo glad the shop could provide me with what I needed, especially since I even told them I'd never set up SPV before Oh well....