mtbr member

Stolen Cannondale Flash Ultimate?

Hi guys,

Appreciate that this is a pretty wild accusation, but this ad looks a little suspect. For starters it's been re-listed four times. The description is rather shoddy (lack of information, no reason for sale, incorrect RRP/weight etc), but the thing that does it for me is the fact that the bike isn't registered. ANYONE who owns one of these are going register the bike as soon as possible. The guy has obviously never had it weighed, they're about 18lbs out of the box. A small detail I know, but again anyone who owns one would know. Also, one photo? Really? If you had the money to buy the bike in the first place, you wouldn't bat an eye lid over a few pence to add a few more photos. Especially given the value of the bike. Oh and also, CatEye lights? REALLY? I appreciate that the seller could well have just brought too much bike and wants to get rid.

If this is your bike and you are a genuine seller, then I apologise. But, I would seriously consider re-wrighting your listing.

cannondale flash ultimate carbon hardtail | eBay

Is it just me?
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

Nor­wegr
    Lots of people keep their warranty cards clear in case they sell, that way whoever purchases it can register it and enjoy the benefits. That being said that add looks 'off' somehow, a re-write would definitely help.

mtbr member
    Yeah maybe a Flash 1 or something, but an Ultimate? The frame is worth like 2.5k?

I hope I'm wrong and this is a genuine sale. But it just looks off, I thought it's better to raise the alarm just in case. I believe that there are less than 5 of these in the UK, I have one of them, and I've seen one on eBay.

Also, no mods what so ever? Not even new grips? And a zero percent positive feedback?

I'm slightly inclined to believe this is a scam?
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

Members who have read this thread: 0