All Lefty's, all the time Moderator

SPV Upgrade pricing......

I am not going to search till I find it, but I have seen several times, a reference to being able to upgrade your Lefty Max to SPV, for about $100. Full shop retail on the parts is about $299, many will cut you a bit of a break, but that's for new parts, used is obviously a different kettle of fish. I just wanted to state that you should be dubious of anyone selling that to you , as there are 2 parts required for the job, and one part alone wholesales for more than $100, so even if they "had a buddy on the inside" it still isn't gonna get you there. Just thought I'd share! Peace

cannondale rider
    i was told that by my lbs that the upgrade was just 100. they said that all that was required was the spv chamber. ive bought several bikes from the so maybe they were just cutting me a deal

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    i was told by LBS that it would have to be a completely different lefty, because the insides were completely different????

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by davidecan
    i was told by LBS that it would have to be a completely different lefty, because the insides were completely different????
    You can upgrade to SPV but only if you already have a 05 Lefty Max 140. It won't retrofit in the older Lefty Max.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

What you need is the SPV assembly for the lower part of the fork, and a new rebound damper assembly for the upper. The rebound piece is distinctly different, and if you are told you don't need it, find a new shop! I have held both pieces in my hands at the same time, and they are not the same. In fact they are very different in terms of looks as well as what they do. As to what Dan said, that is correct, it will only work with an '05, 140mm Max. But it will work with any of that flavor you have. All this information is straight form the Cannondale tech folks, if your shop has ??? have them call the factory!

mtbr member

mendon

what about just switching it to the tpc? I dont know if I will switch, but when I get the prophet 600 I am going to ride it for at least part of the summer with the fluid flow and then try to switch to the tpc, if I feel the need. I got the general feel from mtbr that people liked the tpc better than the spv. Havent tried either of the upper models yet but plan to once the snow stops in PA.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

Quote Originally Posted by defcon4
    what about just switching it to the tpc? I dont know if I will switch, but when I get the prophet 600 I am going to ride it for at least part of the summer with the fluid flow and then try to switch to the tpc, if I feel the need. I got the general feel from mtbr that people liked the tpc better than the spv. Havent tried either of the upper models yet but plan to once the snow stops in PA.
    Hi there, I'm definately with the nonSPV crowd! The TPC up grade would be the Compressiond Damper, and the knob for it's external adjustment. Your rebound assembly is for both TPC and FFD already, so no need to upgrade there. Retail on the two pieces should be around $100 to $115. Ride the snow, it rocks!