mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Spring Rate new Gemini

Hey I have a couple of questions on schocks. I just got a new 2004 gemini 900 . Set up the sag on the fox vanilla and the sag just a few mm off (to light) it has the 500 lbs 2.30 spring on it does any one know if the spring lenght is the same size on all springs for the vanilla.
    Supergo could of helped with this part but they were a littel to busy opening the cash regeisster. Just kidding I dont think they really had anyone asked them to set up the sag before. Anyway enough bashing of super go I got a new bike for a great deal and I knew I would have to upgrade springs in the fork and shock I weigh 220 with gear on.;

Anybody know how to use spell check cant seem to figure that out either

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK

lengths are different

I also have a Gemini 900, mine is a 05. came stock with 500 x 2.3 spring.
    I bought two springs from Fox, a 550 x 2.9 and a 600 x 2.25. If you look at the picture, the 600 x 2.25 is longer than the other two. My guess is it is because of the thicker spring. I was surprised when I got them. As long as the spring is as long as or longer than 2.25" you should fine.

Check this site out for spring calcs., http://www.mojo.co.uk/springcalc.html

I beleive it's pretty accurate. It turn out the same weights that Fox give me for the correct sag. Make sure you put in the correct travel of your bike (170mm=6.7" 160mm=6.3")

Of course it all depends on what type of riding you do with the Gemini. You might want a heavier spring for jumps and drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy

Hey I have a couple of questions on schocks. I just got a new 2004 gemini 900 . Set up the sag on the fox vanilla and the sag just a few mm off (to light) it has the 500 lbs 2.30 spring on it does any one know if the spring lenght is the same size on all springs for the vanilla.
    Supergo could of helped with this part but they were a littel to busy opening the cash regeisster. Just kidding I dont think they really had anyone asked them to set up the sag before. Anyway enough bashing of super go I got a new bike for a great deal and I knew I would have to upgrade springs in the fork and shock I weigh 220 with gear on.;

Anybody know how to use spell check cant seem to figure that out either
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools