mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Some Help - Older F Series V Frames?

I've been looking to purchase an older Cannondale, and I have been noticing that some of the older F series have a V frame, like the killer Vs but apprently with different geometry. However, I cannot find these frames in the archived catalogs.

What is it that I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

Here is what I am talking about:

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I had one of those bad boys! It was a size small 1996 F500, in charcoal black. It won't be in the catalogs per say, because it's the size small of the F series. In other words, perfect for small guys like me. That means the geometry is also geared accordingly.Great for jumping, and those frames take a beating! I see them popping up on evil bay every once in a while, and depending on components, they can go between $200 and $300. Good luck with your seach!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm still riding one from '95 or so and it's still going strong. Like speedmetal says they were the small version of the F series.

mtbr member
    That was freaky - I was lookin' at the second pic, thinking hey something looks oddly familure... I turn around and see almost the same bike on the same stand sitting right behind me!!! This is the view in my living room right now:

I had always wondered what the difference actually was between those small F's and a the small Delta V's. Are they really the same frame? The Delta V above is a 17" (they came in 15/17/19/21) so I guess it's called Medium. But the shape, especially the rear triangles are way different. Or maybe that's just med vs small?
    Last edited by jdr01930; 04-29-2008 at 08:44 PM.
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the responses. Some of the bikes that I was looking at noted the frames as M. I guess not.

Also, it appears that the frame geometry between the Killer Vs/Delta Vs and these small F series frames is different. If you look at the top tube on the F series, it appears to be perpendicular to the ground, whereas with the Killer Vs/Delta Vs, the top tube slopes down.

Are you talking to me?

2 different years.

The second photo is a 1998 F900. My wife has the same ride. Around $1200 at the time.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It's on Ebay now. The owner calls the frame a M.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

Members who have read this thread: 0