mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Should I buy 08scalpel2?? I have had a carbon RUSH...

HI
    I ilke XC offroad...
    I have a RUSH carbon, but I still interested in 08 scalpel 2.
    Do you guys think the capability and characteristic of RUSH and scelpel are
    too similar??
    I fear that I will waste money buying two too similar bikes...
    THANKS~~

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    WOO everybody give me some advinces...I find some RUSH vs scalpel issues here. But
    it is not easy get idea about 08 types...

mtbr member
    This was one of the same problems I had. I know the 08 Scalpel is supposed to be stiffer and lighter than the 07, but with only 10mm of travel of difference I couldn't make up my mind. So I opted for an 07 Scalpel on closeout. I waited too long to "pull the trigger" on the Team Replica, so I had to settle for the Scalpel 2. I'll be making a few upgrades to it, but basically it's the same bike as the Team Replica with just some heavier components.

The biggest differences between the two bikes: Scalpel is lighter, 100 mm of rear travel, and more aggressive geometry for quicker handling. The Rush is slightly heavier, 110 mm of rear travel, and a more relaxed geometry for long marathon races.

I think I might get a Rush next year for longer, marathon style races and some more aggressive and longer trail rides.

mtbr member
    Im thinking about going for the Rush Carbon myself. But the lighter Scalpel has my attention as well... Decisions decisions...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    If the riding feelings and capability of 08 RUSH carbon / 08 scalpl carbon are too similar ... I may look for NICOLAI~ Do you guys think its a good idea?
    Or I should have rush and scalper both? The scalpel is always so much beautful...
    [ Nonius CC ] XC | Enduro | All Mountain
    http://www.nicolai.net/products/e-frame ... us-cc.html

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I test rode an 08 Scalpel on a 50 mile ride before purchasing a Carbon Rush. To me, they are different bikes. Part of that is the setup with the flat bars on the Scalpel and the risers on the Rush. The Rush has the low bottom bracket too and the combined effect is a more comfortable upright position that's great for a long day in the saddle. I think you could set up a Scalpel for marathons and a Rush for XC, but out of the box they are tailored quite differently. I love the Rush, but then I am using it for marathon riding and racing.

Members who have read this thread: 0