What It Be ?

Scapel Noooooooob Question

Ok. I am a long time dare I say it Trek guy. I am looking at picking up my first full suspension. Been eyeballing the Scapel. Got a few ?s

The headset. I am running a SID with an 1 1/8 steering tube. Do I need an adapter for this fork?

The rear triangle is carbon and its flex's no pivot. Anyone ever have any issues with this?

Also I am used to riding a hardtail is this gonna be a big difference? And I'm not gonna be blowing though the travel doing XC riding on this am I?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    1) yes, you need headset reducer cups, say like the marzocchi ones you can get from chainreactioncycles.com But, why would you keep on running the sid when you can use a lefty sl?

2) no, not per say the way you mean it in terms of the new model (though it's too soon to tell). The previous models had some minor issues with the carbon stays cracking, but it will always be replaced under the warrenty (the same goes for the new model). The new model had some bonding issues on a limited batch that is now taken care of.

3) no, it's a world class xc rig and as such would work like a charm for it's intended use. Sure, it will feel a bit different than a hardtail, but prob only in the good ways, meaning better grip and more comfy.

that being said, a full suss bike is prob the funnest new frame you can get unless you're a hardtail fanatic. Before i got my full suss frames i didn't really like cycling that much, now i love it.

Members who have read this thread: 0