mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Is the scalpel gone

Im wondering if the scalpel design is gone, with propedal shocks that work as well as my rp3 on my rush I wonder if Cannondale has a 2008 marketing ploy for a all new bike that takes over the scalpels place with a little less travel maybe Darwinish. I know I got the 2006 rush fever and then in 07 cannondale springs the carbon version great marketing.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I don't think it's a function of platform shocks killing it. It's design cycle. They will need to kill it soon, as it's an older design, and getting "stale". Kinda like Super V to Raven to Jekyll to Prophet. They're all single pivots, and offer similar ride characteristics, but the market needs new looks to boost sales. As a functional pivotless design, it's great, but we, the market, with our needs for the latest, and greatest, will prove it's undoing=
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

LA CHÈVRE
    My guess is they must have some designs up their sleeves already but as long as the current Scalpel sells well, they are in no hurry to change it, perhaps doing more R&D for the new one to make it way better... if possible.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    almost all the LBSs in my area don't stock hardtails or scalpels... that probably contributes to slower sales for the scalpels and hardtails.

Members who have read this thread: 0