josephr
    Apr 2010

rz-12-0-4 vs rz-1-20-3 ???

if you follow the MSRP from Cannondale, the rz-one-twenty-three is about $600 more than the rx-one-twenty-four.

major differences are
    Fork: Lefty vs. RST Deuce
    rear shock - RS monarch vs x-fusion
    rear deraileur - XT vs. Deore
    rims - Maddux (?) vs Sun
    brakes - Shimano vs. Hayes Stroker Ryde

I just placed my order for the Four...but, am wondering if I should buzz my LBS and say wait - I want the Three instead....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I debated the same thing and ended up ordering the 3. I figured the lefty alone was worth the upgrade. I'd say if you got the cash, go for it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i'd say if you have the funds, then just go for it. i don't think you'll regret it. the 2010 rst deuce forks actually look pretty decent but the lefty is such a great fork. almost all the components are upgraded on the 3 as well. plus the colorways are better looking

josephr
    Apr 2010
    thanks guys for giving me the moral support of spending more than I should! But hey, wasn't you who made me do it, right???

I ordered the 3...no regrets! it'll be a few weeks (traveling for my job) but I've got it ordered from my LBS and should be ready. I'll post a pic when I get it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    awesome man! when will it be in at your LBS? Mine told me the end of may....I can't wait!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    get the lefty if you can afford it.

It's usually better to get the best components you can afford when purchasing. It's cheaper than doing the one at a time replacement. Now, if you have a bunch of components you like, then you can kick that idea to the curb
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Go Lefty

I say go Lefty. Its what makes the bike unique, and all Canonndale.

The Lefty is so much more of a suspension than any of these other bolt on, run of the mill dime a dozen, dual sanction designs. I have two and it's nearly impossible for me to feel comfortable riding anything else now.

josephr
    Apr 2010
    LBS didn't give me an ETA,cuz I'm outta town---I'll stop in this weekend and get the skinny. They had already ordered the 120-4 and it was already on its way so I'd think the wait for the 120-3 wouldn't be that long. Just from what I'm reading on here, seems like the 120-3 is a hot bike though. A guy on another thread said he was leaning towards it too. I just hope not everyone gets black like me.

mtbr member
    Check out the Current issue of MBA. That should make you feel better about the "3". They Slammed the "4". $2000 mtb shootout. 5 bikes. the Canny came in dead last. and i think primarily they were not happy with suspension setup and weight. good for you for going Lefty.

Sniper

Yeah the 3 is the better option

Definitely go for the 3, I consider myself a convert, before buying mine a few months back the last bike I owned was a 03 Trek Liquid 20...and it was a great bike, but just the difference with the lefty on the RZ makes it that much better. Even at 120 in travel it still give a feeling of being more robust and have yet to feel it bottom out .
    And no worries I got the Red

Vermonter to the Core
    I have the black 3 ;-) I have had mine for two months now and I love it!!
    JEM
    09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)

Members who have read this thread: 0