RWC shock eye needle bearings for 2011 RZ 120- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. RWC shock eye needle bearings for 2011 RZ 120

I have a 2011 RZ One Twenty with the Fox RP2. I want to replace both ends of the shock with the RWC Shock eye needle bearing kit, but dont know the correct size.

My bike isnt listed on their website. I sent them an email on the 5th but according to their notice they got back from vacation on the 4th and their customer support is limited while theyre getting caught up.

Anyone know what size kit is required for this bike and if any shims will be required?

Helmetless Crasher
    Ask member "Danoalb". He raves about this mod.

BTW, I think it is recommended that the needles be used only on pivots w/ a lot of rotation, which would be the bottom eye, only. No real gain to be had by using it in the upper pivot. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong . . .
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

I Love my Rize

You will love it

Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    I have a 2011 RZ One Twenty with the Fox RP2. I want to replace both ends of the shock with the RWC Shock eye needle bearing kit, but dont know the correct size.

My bike isnt listed on their website. I sent them an email on the 5th but according to their notice they got back from vacation on the 4th and their customer support is limited while theyre getting caught up.

Anyone know what size kit is required for this bike and if any shims will be required?
    All RZ's and Rize's use the same kit which is......... NBKRWC2220

Also buy the installation tool as it installs the bearings like butter with no chance of damaging the bearing.

Use a bolt, coupla washers and a nut for the press.

You will probably have to run a tad more shock pressure and a slower rebound setting as there is zero drag in the shock eyes with the bearing set up. I used the + size inner race as it fit perfect with no play. NO SHIMS NEEDED.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

Helmetless Crasher
    OP,

Any update/review on this mod?

Thanks
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hello,

I really can recommnd the IGUS bushings that I bought at www(dot)huber-bushings(dot)com Huber Bushings - High Precision Shock Bushings ( I cannot post links :-()

They have much less friction than the original FOX ones and personally I thing that a bushing is for that kind of application (very low angles) the better choice.

You give them the exact measurements of your bike and they will custom make everthing for you.
    BTW: The excat measurement that you require are noted in your "Bike Owners Supplement"

Helmetless Crasher
    Thanks smirre111.

Fox now uses and retrofits a nice IGUS style polymer bushing. Supposed to be quite nice and durable, too - but not quite as smooth as the needles. Should be very low maintenance and easily replaced when needed.

Trying to decide which way to go . . .
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS

Helmetless Crasher
    Update:

Went the RWC needle route.

Very pleased.

My DU bushing was spent. I could feel the play when lifting the bike by the saddle. So it was time to replace.

My RP2 is PUSHed, to make it more XCish via more platform. This hurt small bump compliance a bit - which I had anticipated and accepted as a reasonable trade-off for a bike that does not bob - at all, w/ propedal engaged.

Install of the needles took all of 15 minutes, with the proper bushing tools. Zero play in the set-up, and what feels like zero friction. Took it for a ride around the 'hood this AM. Very nice improvement. The suspension feels like it simply works like it should, now. VERY smooth plush small bump compliance, now. And even with propedal engaged, the rear end is STILL reasonably compliant over the small chop. Still no bobbage, though.

Nice quick easy mod that works.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS

Members who have read this thread: 0