Hawkish on Choads

Rush doesn't seem balanced

I have a rush with a lefty speed fork and it seems like it leans to right when I take my hands off of the bars. Some people think the problem maybe in my head, but I think not. I can also feel it lean to the right when i am airborn. Anybody else notice this? Is there something I can do to correct it?
    Thanks,
    RayRay

LA CHÈVRE
    It's the cables that pull or push the Lefty, not the unbalanced weight. You may need to modify your cable length or routing so they don't pull/push but why ride with your hands off the bars in the first place? Unless you win races and have to throw both hands in the air...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Oh no.. here we go again with the "Lefty is unbalanced" topic...

More than somewhat.
    Your drivetrain is on the right. Does a bike with a double bladed fork lean right?

Nice try.

mtbr member
    That's why I never got a Cannondale, I was afraid I'd ride in circles while everyone else took off down the trail.

More than somewhat.
    My right arm is slightly bigger than my left arm due to years of being single and having high speed internet. Do I walk in circles?

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    That's why I never got a Cannondale, I was afraid I'd ride in circles while everyone else took off down the trail.
    You shouldn't worry about that....you can always shoot the competition since you got a gun handy already..
    Or perhaps shoot yourself for trying to have the "funniest" reply concerning Lefty forks...
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress
    My right arm is slightly bigger than my left arm due to years of being single and having high speed internet. Do I walk in circles?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    It is harder to ride no handed on a Lefty, I'll admit. But it isn't impossible, you just need to fid the balance point like with a regular fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac
    You shouldn't worry about that....you can always shoot the competition since you got a gun handy already..
    Or perhaps shoot yourself for trying to have the "funniest" reply concerning Lefty forks...
    In all fairness I tried a guys prophet one time and while weird I didn't notice any steering issues. It is pretty funny though.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by jhandy
    I have a rush with a lefty speed fork and it seems like it leans to right when I take my hands off of the bars. Some people think the problem maybe in my head, but I think not. I can also feel it lean to the right when i am airborn. Anybody else notice this? Is there something I can do to correct it?
    Thanks,
    RayRay
    WTF? Maybe use the opposing arm more to counter balance eh ? But be careful you may go blind.

Hawkish on Choads
    That wouldn't make you walk in circles unless you walk on your hands. I heard they do that in montana to sneak up on the sheep.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Seriously, I had the same problem with my Lefty Cannondale feeling unbalanced. I went to the local dive shop and purchased a weight belt, I prefer the pink one below, and you just wear it when you ride and shift the belt and weights around until it feels balanced. Works perfectly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More than somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhandy
    That wouldn't make you walk in circles unless you walk on your hands. I heard they do that in montana to sneak up on the sheep.

Sheep? We're men here in Montana. Nothin's as fine as bovine.

USED2COULD
    Although I can't say I wasn't entertained.
    Save for a couple of posts there was a hell of a lot of sarcasm in here.

I concur with the cable comment. I have my cables set pretty well now, and if anything there is only a very slight pull to the left when moving quickly, a little aerodynamic drag I suspect. But it is still very easy to ride no handed.

For those that might question when the time might arise to ride with no hands. It can be a nice break when ridding a 24 hour solo to sit up and stretch on an open section.

Night.
    <Insert Quiver>

got the dhr...
    A simple fix- make sure your stem is lined up with your front wheel, and your bars are clamped to the stem smack bang in the center. I don't know what else to advise.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    [quote=NS2000X]Although I can't say I wasn't entertained.
    Save for a couple of posts there was a hell of a lot of sarcasm in here. [quote]

Recently there have been several topics on the "unbalanced Lefty" so lots of us see a new one and just go "oh no.. not another one" and respond sarcastically.

Cannondale Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by luseboy
    A simple fix- make sure your stem is lined up with your front wheel, and your bars are clamped to the stem smack bang in the center. I don't know what else to advise.
    Lean to the left
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskEverything
    Lean to the left
    You mean lean to the right to counter balance the immense weight of the lefty which seems to pull the bike to the left...

Members who have read this thread: 0