mtbr member
    Dec 2005

RP3 needed for Rush 600 upgrade

Hi All ! Has anyone got a Fox RP3 for a Rush that they want to sell ( maybe you've just upgraded yourselve's to an RP23 ) . I'm looking at upgrading my Fox R on my Rush 600 and thought i'd try here first before Ebay . I'm in England but could do Paypal / cash transfer . Many thanks!

mtbr member
    Sorry nothing for sale personally but I was in the same position a few months back and did eventually end up finding a stock Rush RP3 on e-bay... but it took a while. For awareness... while I was searching for the stock 7.25 stroke (hard to find) I was told that Fox also makes rear shock called a 'Septune' that comes in 7.25 stroke which would also fit on a rush frame... but hopefully you'll find the RP3 that you are looking for.
    BackBaconBoy

mtbr member
    I am in the same boat, looking for a Float RP3 or better shock for my Rush 600. I was under the impression that the Rush used a 7.5 inch shock, not a 7.25 inch. Which one is correct.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Well I've managed to get one !!! If you look on the Cannondale website at the geometry of the Rush you'll see that the eye to eye of the shock is 7.5 with a 1.75 stroke .

mtbr member
    May 2004

7.5"x2" ?

My bike shop is offering me a good deal on a 7.5"x2" RP3, would it work?

Always Searching
    You must be carefull of the stroke, a 1.75 stroke is 45mm and is recomended for the Rush and 2.0 is 50mm. With a 2.0 stroke on a Rush you can compress the rear tire into the frame if you are running big tires, if you run a (real size) 2.0 tire in the rear or smaller should be OK.

I run a DT Swiss 7.5/2.0 on my Rush with 2.0 Kenda tires, I weigh 190lbs and have never hit the frame with the tire.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thank you.
    I guess that increasing the stroke (and sag) will also lower the bottom backet riding height. Since this bike is alreadey riding too low to my liking I don't want to amplify this bad trait of the rush.

mtbr member
    Sorry for the confusion - my bad. I did mean 1.75 stroke and 7.5 eye to eye... what can I say it was a messy weekend.

For interest sake... in my desperation to get a rear shock for my Rush with platform settings I first purchased a 7.5 inch 2.0 stroke Manitou before I found the stock 1.75 stroke Fox shock. I did install the Manitou on the Rush frame. With the air out of the chamber rear tire (26 x 2.0 Specialized Fast Track) was about a quarter of an inch away from hitting the seat tube... under load I'm sure it would have.
    BackBaconBoy

likes to ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by rushman
    Well I've managed to get one !!! If you look on the Cannondale website at the geometry of the Rush you'll see that the eye to eye of the shock is 7.5 with a 1.75 stroke .
    Where did you get one, and how much did ya pay? Do you really notice that much difference with the RP3?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins
    Where did you get one, and how much did ya pay? Do you really notice that much difference with the RP3?
    I got one off Ebay UK and at the bargain price of 65 ( $124 ) . I've ridden with an RP3 before and just like that little bit more adjustment . I love the matt black of the Rush 600 so was drawn to it with all intentions of upgrading the shock . To be truthfull it actually came with the Fox R which isnt stock anyway on a 600 ( normally just Float ) .I'm actually sending it off today to be 'pushed' !

mtbr member
    Got mine off E-Bay too....paid around $240 USD. Unfortunately it wasn't easy to find. I stumbled upon it after a couple months of searching and after I had already given up and purchased the Manitou shock.

There is a significant difference between the RP3 and basic Float that came with the Rush frame (that I also purchased on EBay). I had to set the Float at close to 200psi to get it comfortable for my riding style (stiff enough) and I'm only 155lbs. I only need the RP3 set between 135 to 140psi and get far less bobbing during climbs and way tighter response on the single track... a far superior shock.

Keep in mind that they are probably easier to find now as I was searching back in March / April of this year... there will likely be more available now that the Rush has been around for a year. Used Rush bikes... frames... and components should be more plentiful. At the time I even considered purchasing another entire Rush frame off EBay just to get the RP3 as the RP3 retailer price (C'Dale Dealer) was close to $500 CDN for the shock alone here in Canada.
    BackBaconBoy

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I Have two RP3 for rushes for sale. pm me/

mtbr member
    May 2004

PM sent

PM sent

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

New question here. Help buying a new FS bike

Hello,
    I have just started to mountain bike and currently ride a hard tail bike which I thoroughly enjoy. In fact, I can now call myself a weekday warrior wanting to ride the trails as and when the opportunity presents itself. I was recently at my friendly bike store looking at some of the full suspension bikes and got a chance to ride a Cannondale rush 600. Me being new the FS world of mountain bikes, I enjoyed it immensely until my bike store personnel got me onto a lighter bike equipped with better suspension technology.
    As I understand there are a few rear suspension types that manufacturers are currently using on their mountain bike range. Out of this the Single Pivot design is the most basic one. Manufacturers have learned from this design and have gone on to design various suspension types. On the Cannondale Rush we have a single pivot rear suspension design. This according to some people induces pedal bobs and brake jacks when riding on trail. I have also read that because of low center of gravity on the bike, the pedals tend to hit rocks when riding on a rock garden. Has Cannondale evolved its Single Pivot rear suspension design to take into account these issues that have been reported by Cannondale users?

Your comments please

Members who have read this thread: 0